6'3' Started at 477 lbs(216.7 kg) 3 months later/

Options
Hey there,
My name's Randy I've been working out since the middle of December 2012, and I actually became committed to it as of January '13. As of April 15th I will begin dieting along with my strenuous exercise plans, and doing monthly weigh ins. Over the next 9 months I will be making a few posts here and there about where I have come from and what I have achieved at that point of time.
In December I started at 477.8 lbs(216.7 kgs), and I went hard. Over the last 3 months I decided not too weigh my self so I wouldn't get discouraged and give up. Today I finally did my weigh in and I am excited to post the results.

This is the only "before" picture I have, and it's from October of last year. I am the gentleman on the far right.
meh_zps76a0989c.jpg

Today on my weigh in, with muscle mass and fat burned I weighed in at 399.6 lbs(181.3 kgs) meaning I have lost 78 lbs. While I am still rather large I am very excited with the results. I went from a 4x T-shirt to a 2x, and cut from a 56 size in pants, to being able to squeeze into a 44 pants size, or a 48 comfortably.

This will be a long journey, with my end goal being a "beach body" and I am estimating around 250 lbs(118.4 kgs). However, weight is not what I am after. I want to feel good about my self and be healthy.

This is the most recent picture I have from 3 days ago.

Noway_zps3379aa99.jpg

As you can see from the goofy look on my face, I was shocked I could even wear a 2x let alone have it look somewhat decent.

Anyways, I hope this is inspirational to anyone who was or is as large as me. Anything is possible if you are willing to commit to working out.

When I started I was doing a very small workout, I would walk for about a mile at a 2.0 pace, and then lift 2 days a week in small amounts.

Currently I have transitioned to walking for 10 minutes at a 2.5 pace, then 20 minutes at a 3.0 pace. I have also increased my lifting immensely and am now doing circuit training.
I do 6 workouts, 15 reps a piece, and take a 1 minute break between each circuit. All at half of my max with each workout.
I do Front Arm Raises-20 lbs
Flat Shoulder press-100 lbs
Machine Fly-Tension 4, 90 lbs
Curls 25 lbs
Sit-ups No additional weight
And Calve Presses 160 lbs.

Here's to getting to that beach body! I will likely do a post every 2-3 months so mark my progress, and once I get that beach body I will post my shirtless pics to show vast difference.

Replies

• GSmith0904
    Options
    You have done amazing!!! You look great!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting us in on your journey! Awesome progress. I love the goofy smile, and your awesome attitude. You can do it! keep us posted!
  • SKRPY
    SKRPY Posts: 12
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB. STAY FOCUSED AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! Huge progress! Thanks for the motivation.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That is great! keep up the good work!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man. Keep up the great work.

Actually I am surprised a 2XL works as well. I only say that because they were tight on me when I was at 310lbs.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Congratulations to you! Can't wait to see the next update!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dude! Rock on! Nice work and good luck on your continued success!
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome man! Perspire to inspire!
  • veugeniced
    Options
    Now that's what I'm talking about....You go boy!!!! :0) Very encouraging story, very!
  • Natalielp15
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!!
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Hey man, nice work! Keep up the hard work, I know motivation can be hard sometimes but you are making great results. Keep us posted!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Keep up the great work and press forward! Congrats!!
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Wow you are going strong! Keep it up and thanks for the motivation!
  • natavery
    natavery Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome job Randy, stay with it. Though not as big, I started my commitment last year after suffering some heart ailments. I was on and off until i fully committed about 2 months ago. Its hard sometimes, but its worth it when u try on stuff in ur closet that you couldnt fit in last yr and it fits and some even baggy.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Great work thus far!! Remember the feeling of accomplishment and keep it up!!!
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is a huge start and a great inspiration. Keep it up!!!
  • LisforLee
    LisforLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! You'll get there!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far and more importantly on the decision to change your life. Remember patience, planning and perserverance. It can be done and you are proof of that. Best of luck.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Such a great inspiration! Great job! You looks great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!