HELP! Gained 6lbs in less than 12 hours.

Options
124»

Replies

• KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I can go up as much as 5-7lbs in a day it is nothing to freak out about....think of all the food and water and waste in your system that has not yet left by the end of the day.....and the next morning that 5-7lbs? gone...pick one day to weigh yourself each week and a time and stick to it if it freaks you out...me on the other hand...I just have a morbid curiosity to see what foods do what to my weight during the day LOL....and it does NOT freak me out if I see say 149lbs....because I know the next day or even 2 days later it will be back down to 142 lol...but I do not really focus on the numbers anymore....like I said for me anymore its just curiosity :)
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can gain 10 pounds on my cheat day no priblem and in two days I am back to where I was and losing more. One piece of advice is to not wait until 1 pm to eat, your body will start retaining more. Just my opinion though. = )
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    you can't gain 6lbs in a day.

You are likely retaining water. All the foods that were served are very high in sodium, so that is probably causing a lot of your issue. Try to make sure you drink a lot of water today and keep calm, your weight can fluctuate by 5-8lbs in a day. You should try weighing yourself once a week, same day, same time. Use that as your guide to see how you are doing.

Ditto. Why did you even weigh yourself after your easter meal? Fix one day, one time and just weight yourself every week at the same day - same time. You will see results. Our body weight fluctuates a lot during the week which is why this formula gives best results.
  • Cheryl_Rica
    Options
    What everyone else has said plus one.

It isn't a free day if you weigh yourself right after! It becomes "nightmarish recriminations day!" That's no fun.

Weigh yourself once a week, same time of the day, write it down and move on. Remember your weight can fluctuate depending on your time of the month, sodium intake and just because your body is resentful about all the starvation.

Just watch the salt. Salt is the worst.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's April the first, lots of strange things are happening today, weigh yourself tomorrow, it will be OK then.

yea, she was prolly holding her cat when she weighed

LOL

Why would you weigh yourself in the morning and then again after a meal? Why the panic? Unless you ate a horse and then some, you know you didn't magically gain 6 lbs of fat, right?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting to torture yourself? Why would you even consider weighing yourself after a big meal like that. Stop that madness.

And no. You did not gain 6lbs in a meal.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happens to me every time I indulge a little on a Sat night or weekend. My brain knows it is all water weight but still depressing to see. It will come off but with me it takes a week to lose it again therefore putting me a week behind any real progress.
    If I am going to indulge these days it better really be worth it!

Good luck! I am sure if you just up your water a bit and go for a few walks on top of your normal exercise it will be gone in no time.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There might be many reasons why you've gained weight:

You are using more hair products
    You really need to pee
    You are wearing bigger shoes
    You are pregnant
    You have a lot of change in your pockets
    You are retaining water
    You have a Texas-sized belt buckle
    Your scale is broken

However, if you haven't eaten 21,000 of calories in the last 12 hours, then you haven't gained fat.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Guarentee it's all sodium weight gain...drink tons of water and just go back to your routine...it will go back to normal in a matter of days...

Don't depend too much on the scale as it can really make ones day SUCK!

Try measuring...that is a great way too to keep on track..

Best of luck!
  • hoffma25
    hoffma25 Posts: 36
    Options
    I beat you! I gained 8 yesterday from am to pm :wink:
    Still up 5 today but I know it will be gone soon enough. I always think weight fluctuations are interesting (nerd) but if it bothers you, weigh weekly/monthly/whatever and especially don't weigh in more than once in a day. :smile:

Ha I do too! I sometimes weight myself before and after I eat, or before and after I drink large amounts of water :)