Recovery drink question

Options
So after I finished a tub of the p90x recovery drink, I went and picked up more recovery drink at the GNC. The only flavor they had was vanilla. Now I don't know about any of you guys, but vanilla water sucks. Any one know what I can mix or blend with this stuff to make it taste better AND won't blow my calorie intake to hell?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Mix it with milk. Yes, everything goes up but it won't taste so bad.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Milk. I use 12 oz. of milk. It adds more protein. I use skim. Or you could just get some flavored mix-ins that are about 10 calories for one little package.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk. I get Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla - only 40 calories per 8 oz.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I agree with the milk suggestion. Vanilla milk is much better than vanilla water.
  • MsCoconut
    MsCoconut Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    YES, vanilla water sucks!!! I like using skim milk! MUCH better!!
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    I just started with Vanilla Whey Protein yesterday, and through trial and error, I liked watering down the 8 oz of skim milk to help with the taste because its too strong. I mix 4 oz of lukewarm water with the powder until its saturated, then I add 8 oz of skim milk, 4 cubes of ice, and shake shake shake it up.

Not my favorite beverage but growing on me because its so satisfying. I figure I have to drink more water anyhow, so that particular mix seems to be the wonder mix.

Char
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    I just started with Vanilla Whey Protein yesterday, and through trial and error, I liked watering down the 8 oz of skim milk to help with the taste because its too strong. I mix 4 oz of lukewarm water with the powder until its saturated, then I add 8 oz of skim milk, 4 cubes of ice, and shake shake shake it up.

Not my favorite beverage but growing on me because its so satisfying. I figure I have to drink more water anyhow, so that particular mix seems to be the wonder mix.

Char
  • jems11021
    jems11021 Posts: 23
    Options
    Almond Milk 60 calories
  • RIKOtt
    RIKOtt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So after I finished a tub of the p90x recovery drink, I went and picked up more recovery drink at the GNC. The only flavor they had was vanilla. Now I don't know about any of you guys, but vanilla water sucks. Any one know what I can mix or blend with this stuff to make it taste better AND won't blow my calorie intake to hell?

mix either fresh or frozen Blueberries they are negative calories
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    i prefer Fuzion AKG which is a pre-workout drink. I like the fruit juice flavor and this mix has creatine in it like the P90X Results and Recovery formula. it really helps us power through our workout.