Guys in Zumba Class!

Options
Just wanted to say that I LOVE seeing men in Zumba class! Guys, don't knock it until you try it! Last night in class we had two guys and they left drenched in sweat. They also gave it all they had and did a great while dancing. I give them major props for bypassing all the men pumping iron and stepping into that class! Men, do Zumba if you like to dance. And yes, a lot of men like to and can dance very well!

Replies

• robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love it too! Most seem to have a hard time doing the steps but they don't care thy just keep right on going! :)
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am just not coordinated enought to do the Zumba Class. However, they Fitness Center has Zumba that a group of retirees attend. I could try that one.
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about Zumba a lot recently... Might be a good shakeup to my current cardio routine...
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There are somef super uncoordinated guys in our zumba classes at the y, but they get the "guy pass" for being uncoordinated and the women love it. I've tried to get my husband to go.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My BF's brother goes to Zumba all the time and loves it. He also does kickboxing and other things. He has lost a lot of weight and his health improved. I'm concerned about him though because he doesn't eat enough for his level of activity.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am living proof that you do not need to be a guy to be uncoordinated and to get completely lost in Zumba class. Still, I have tried it and enjoyed it, and I recommend it!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Back in the aerobic 80s, I had a runner friend who teased me about doing aerobics, so I invited him to class. He collapsed halfway through and never teased me again.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do a group fitness class at lease once a week (kick boxing, total body conditioning, triple fit, etc) and I think most men are REALLY missing out on a quality athletic workout. I have not done zumba yet, but mainly because the gyms schedule does not fit my schedule.
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bravo to all the guys that go for it!! As long as you are moving and shaking, that is all that matters!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started doing live classes just about 6 weeks ago (before that xbox version for a mth)and I am the first one in the club to break the gender barrier. I think I have started to help some other guys wanting to come in. For the past 2 week, we had 2 other guys on my saturday classes, and today, an Indian lady brought his teenage son over. It felt good to have stated something positive for other men who's too afraid to walk in.

A side benefit is my son use to be a wallflower when he is attending the school dance, he said he hated dancing, lately he admitted quite openly that he danced. I'd guess seeing his old man dance is not the worst thing in the world.

Zumba Rocks!
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lol I love it too! Especially when they get really into the songs!