two weeks in...

Hi - my name is Debbie, and I'm a fataholic! I've tried every diet under the sun, and while some are brilliant for short-term weight loss (eg low carbing), I don't feel they are sustainable or healthy for longer periods of time. I have been trying this for the last couple of weeks, and so far so good - small weight loss, but generally feel more in control of what I am putting in my mouth (a big deal for me!). At first I was making the common mistake of pigging out on non-fast days, but am now using Fitness Pal to track what I consume when I 'feast', and to keep it within normal ranges. Both my parents were type 2 diabetics, and I am no in my 40s and obese - so I needed to stop deluding myself that just because I feel fine, I am fine. This feels at least like an eating plan that I can sustain. Weight loss has been minimal, but I will stick with it - I am as much interested in what is going on inside as outside! I've also just invested in a body composition scale to try and get a better grip on how things are changing; from the reviews they seem to work as long as you are savvy about when/how you use them. Hoping for a healthier, longer life, without the pitfalls I saw my parents encounter - I have three children and if I run out of motivation on tough days, i will try and think of them!

Replies