People tell me don't lose anymore......

Options

Replies

• PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you need to lose more weight but I agree with the other comments, just keep doing what you are doing. This is a lifestyle change.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says you have done a great job and are looking wonderful. I also agree with those who say you need to do what feels great for you.

BUT, you DID ask for opinions and here's mine. I think you could stand to lose a bit more. 5, 10, 15? I am not sure. Maybe do 5 lbs at a time and reassess? You could go about life as you are and be fine, no doubt. It's up to you how far you want to take it.

Again folks, she asked for opinions and this is mine. OP, your hard work shows. Congrats to you!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You need to do what makes you happy. If you feel like you want to lose more then do so. My husband actually told me I should gain 5 pounds back but I am happy at 125 so do what makes you happy they will still love you no matter what size you are
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You look amazing-and do what works for YOU!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. You are never "done" losing weight and getting and staying shape....

Anyone telling you to stop is just jealous...or does not understand what you are doing ...some people tell me I am obsessive about working out and weight loss..and I say "so what" I look and feel great and that is all that matters...

^^^^ Agree with the above poster!!!

I too congratulate you on your awesome loss so far (WOW!), but are you ready to be done now? If not, keep on going!!! I've been at the weight I wanted to be at for 9 years now (actually added 5 pounds since then on purpose) but I haven't spent more than a few days away from the gym all of these years, or from tracking, or from eating healthy in general! I keep adding new fitness goals, and guess what, I keep getting hotter the older I get! So heck yeah, keep on doing what you're doing! And who cares what the naysayers say...if you've got the determination and drive, you're the one going to be a healthy, hot mama!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ''Never go out of your WEIGH to please anyone but yourself''.
  • kelmcfar
    kelmcfar Posts: 63
    Options
    I say KEEP GOING! Meaninggg....don't stop working out. Continue to push your body to be in the best shape!! You look GREAT but by just continuing your hard work and good habits, you will get to where you want to be. DON'T STOP <33
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I think you can throw a BMI chart in their face and say "The government and the CDC qualifies me as overweight, so who are you to argue".

Once you get past the middle of "normal" BMI range for your height, than you can either listen to them or re-examine your goal, as the area is more gray there and there is a possibility of getting carried away.

But while your BMI stil says "overweight" you can tell them to shove off and let you get healthy.
  • AllNewMelanie
    AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do feel great and I am enjoying my new lifestyle because that is EXACTLY what it is :) I love weight lifting at the gym and I am super excited to tone up! Its just weird to me that I weigh 162 but I am a size 8 and small in shirts and dresses. It just seems my weight should be less I guess I am just a musclely person (is that even a word?) LOL I guess with the scale not moving it gets annoying....
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. You are never "done" losing weight and getting and staying shape....

when I went from 190 to 180, I wanted to get to 170..when I got to 170 I wanted to lose body fat and retain muscle mass..when I got to 13% body fat I wanted to get to 10% body fat....I find that pushing yourself keeps you sharp and will keep you from gaining it all back....

Plus you want ot make these changes for life, not just six months, one year, three years etc...

Anyone telling you to stop is just jealous...or does not understand what you are doing ...some people tell me I am obsessive about working out and weight loss..and I say "so what" I look and feel great and that is all that matters...

^^^ This!

You look fabulous op. Losing weight and getting healthy is YOUR journey. If you feel like you want to do more, do it for you and no one else.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and congrats!! I think it's totally up to you!! And as one poster said that others thought he was obsessive about going to the gym, etc, I'd rather be obessive about losing weight and getting healthy than obsessive about sitting on the couch doing nothing!!!! You are an inspiration!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Agree you have VERY done well and look absolutely beautiful! :heart:

Honestly I think you can lose more if you want to. You are not yet at a healthy BMI and I would personally make that a goal (unless you ARE at a healthy body fat percentage and happy with that). I know there are a lot of mental adjustments that both you and the people around you have to make. I have definitely had friends tell me to stop losing while displaying behaviors that suggested they found some aspect of my changing appearance threatening. It's about your health and how you feel though.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with other responses in that you look fantastic! That said, I also agree that you should continue to work toward a goal that makes YOU happy. People who do not see you every day just see a lot of loss from when they saw you last and that may be what concerns them. If it is genuine concern, offer to show them this site and explain what you have been doing and that it is the HEALTHY way to get to a healthy you.
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Okay.. first of all, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!:love::love: Congrats on your weight loss. It must've been hard, but you stuck to it and you deserve a round of applause. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Please don't follow those weight loss charts too closely...Everybody is different and you can't base what you believe your "healthy weight" should be off of a chart.

I'm 5'6 and they say that my healthy weight should be 140, but in the past (before I got chubby now lol) I weighed between 150-160 I look super skinny and my BMI was very healthy. People always thought I weighed 40lbs less than what I really was.. But If I listened to those charts I would have fought to come down to 140 or 135, which would not have looked good on me.

Where you are now looks great! Seriously! I won't be like those people who tell you to "stop losing", but I strongly suggest that you begin to STRENGTH TRAIN like crazy! Eat lots of protein and strength train every major part of your body so you can get that even leaner physique. That way, your body fat will go down even more. You will gain muscle weight and probably lose another 5 lbs of fat, which is exactly what you want to happen. & for the people who want you to stop, they just need time to adjust mentally to the "new" you. They mean well and they love you, but ignore them, LOL

Good luck!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job and look great!!!
    Don't go by what other people say, they are not you and they don't know how your body feels. Do what feels tight to you.

I am 5'1 3/4" and currently weigh 130. I am determined to get down to 110/115 again and stay there this time. At that weight is where my body feels the most comfortable. I have had a tumor removed and have a scar across my bikini line and when I am over 115 my scar hurts and bugs me. People tell me that I look fine, but I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Good luck to you! Stay determined!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying..Congrats to you and your success. You stomach especially looks AMAZING.. I hear this line quite often from others as well as here other people in this journey complain about people saying the same thing. My suggestion is do what is comfortable for you. Regardless of a chart for your height if you are comfortable where you are or want to lose more weight go ahead. It is about a healthier lifestyle and what is going to make you happy at the end of the day. The more you feel happy about your accomplishment over time people will get use to the new you....Keep up the outstanding work...
    This! Congrats again you look awesome!
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im going to add my opinion to everyone elses.... YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Way to work your butt off girl!!!

As for loosing more weight..... are you doing this journey for yourself or for everyone else??

Lose until your are happy and feel "ok now I can stop".... Its all up to you.... opinions are like buttholes.. everyone has them... and while some may share theirs out of love for you... you still have to put your foot down and decide whats best FOR YOU!!!

Good luck and keep up the good work!! :)
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First off, I just wanted to tell you that you look amazing! You are inspiring to us who are just starting our journey. You are inspiring to those who look to these success stories to find hope and motivation for them to continue on their journeys to losing weight.

Don't let what others think or feel affect how you feel about yourself. If you are happy and confortable in your own skin, that is what matters.

Sometimes people are afraid of your success because you are rocking their boat, so to speak, and making changes. This makes them have to take a look at themselves and makes people uncomfortable.

You rock!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Totally up to you if you want to lose more or not! If you are not sure maybe maintain for a litlte and work on just strength training when you decide? Either way you look amazing and its a choice only you can make!
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!

I've read some of the other posts trying to see if anyone has said what i am about to say, and I didn't see it when I skimmed, if someone did say this, than I apologize.

I think that you look fantastic, and as a person who is only 5'2 I can say that my personal goal weight is 123 or a size 4-6. I don't think your goal weight is unhealthy.

That being said, maybe it's not your weight loss that is worrying your family, but how you are going about your weight loss. Now, I don't know you at all, and I'm not saying that this applies to you, only you know that, but I'm wondering if maybe they are worried that you aren't eating enough or that you are starving yourself or that you are an exercise anorexic (where you exercise off everything you eat).

I hope I'm not being offensive, but when I have been worried about people I know losing weight, it wasn't the weight that they lost that was the problem, but how they were losing the weight. You should know that you are beautiful at your current weight.

If you're being healthy about it, then I say screw them all! Do what makes YOU feel good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!