• Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Thank you^
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3. Adjust calories to lose 1lb to 2lbs per week

I thought a small deficit was best for fat loss?
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What happens if you only do weights 2x per week?
  • Griffin220x
    Options

For some that is small. Depending on how much fat you need to lose.
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    What happens if you only do weights 2x per week?

Dunno, I've never tried it. :bigsmile:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

If you are healthy weight, but want to lose fat?
  • lap1970
    lap1970 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Best fat burn workout is WALKING on treadmill at 13-15% incline....keeps your heartrate consistently in your fat burn zone.

Wow! I just posted a question concerning this. When I walk on the treadmill at a 15% incline...i am working HARD! lol.. huffing..puffing..etc.; however, when I run/walk on the treadmill...I am working hard...but I am not dying like I am when I do hills. Here is the kicker though...my HRM states I burned more calories with the run/walk than the harder hill walking (both done for same length of time)
  • Griffin220x
    Options

My goal is single digit bodyfat 7-8%

Before I was 20lbs heavier and still was in a healthy range but I did not look or feel good about myself.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

My goal is single digit bodyfat 7-8%

Before I was 20lbs heavier and still was in a healthy range but I did not look or feel good about myself.

I mean, if someone is healthy weight but wants to lose fat, isn't 1-2lbs too aggressive?
  • virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you tried intermittent fast 16 fast 8 hour feeding window. I incorporated this and I am burning fat faster then I am losing weight I lift heavy 3 times a week and the results are awesome. Maybe you should try it you wont lose any muscle HTH :)
  • Elias1877
    Options
    IF is great if it fits your life schedule. however nutrient timing plays no role on body composition. I do If because I would prefer to have 2 large meals a day instead of 4 or 5 smaller ones, just so that i fell full after each meal.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    y'all are giving me a friggen headache!

I just wanna lower my BF% & I am having a HELL of a time doing it.

I lift weights 3 times a week (30-45 min) I eat clean (protein..check, healthy fats only.. check, complex carbs..check)

I cant walk... I end up running which includes hilly terrain and sprint intervals 3 times a week for about 45 minutes

I drink like a gallon of water a day.

WHATS MY PROBLEM? I am 135 @ 5'6 and 26% BF :(
  • kuniansky
    Options
    1. Lift Weights at least 3 times a week
    2. Eat 1g of protein per lbs of LBM

Edit: typos yet again...ughh

I might change #3 to create a caloric deficit (kind of 6 of one, half dozen of another), but otherwise this is 10000000% accurate and if you follow these rules you will lose fat 100x out of 100.
  • kuniansky
    Options

I lift weights 3 times a week (30-45 min) I eat clean (protein..check, healthy fats only.. check, complex carbs..check)

I cant walk... I end up running which includes hilly terrain and sprint intervals 3 times a week for about 45 minutes

Are you accurately tracking your calories? Sounds like the exercise piece is in place, so you must be eating more than you think. Lower your calories by 200-250, give it 2-3 weeks, and see if that does the trick. The human body is incredibly complex, but at the same time ridiculously simple and predictive. If you follow those 3 rules, you will lose fat and retain muscle.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone arguing with Griffin220X? He seems like he's in pretty good shape so perhaps people can learn a thing or two from him. Everyone has a different way of losing weight and that was his way. Enough already. Move on.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

What kind of weight lifting are we talking here? 5lb Barbie weights or something on a bar that's taller than you? If the former, drop them and go for the big stuff. If the latter, keep it up and make sure you're pushing yourself. And try dropping some of the cardio.

Might want to try changing your macros, too. MFP, by default, gives you a high carb level and low protein level. It might also be worth trying something like getting most of your carbs from veggies instead of grains if you're not already.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You've lost 20 pounds.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options

Are you accurately tracking your calories? Sounds like the exercise piece is in place, so you must be eating more than you think. Lower your calories by 200-250, give it 2-3 weeks, and see if that does the trick. The human body is incredibly complex, but at the same time ridiculously simple and predictive. If you follow those 3 rules, you will lose fat and retain muscle.

I track my calories. Thats not an issue! I eat 20% under my TDEE. Maybe I should be more patient. It just seems my belly fat wants to hang around and its royally pissing me off.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options

You've lost 20 pounds.

Yes, but I am still at 26% BF. If I were say... 135 and 22% or 20% BF then I would be happy. I just cant figure out the happy balance to stop losing weight and just lose BF.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options

What kind of weight lifting are we talking here? 5lb Barbie weights or something on a bar that's taller than you? If the former, drop them and go for the big stuff. If the latter, keep it up and make sure you're pushing yourself. And try dropping some of the cardio.

Might want to try changing your macros, too. MFP, by default, gives you a high carb level and low protein level. It might also be worth trying something like getting most of your carbs from veggies instead of grains if you're not already.

LOL. The only time I do "barbie" weights is when I am not at the gym... because the heaviest I have at home is 12lbs. BUT, yes when at the gym I do lift heavy. It alternates sometimes I do lower weights higher reps.. other times I do the absolute max I can lift until I fail.

I do a lot of HIIT with the weights.

I do eat brown rice but usually no later than lunchtime and no more than a few times a week.. My veggie intake is HUGE. I love them and cant get enough.

Maybe I am not pushing myself hard enough?