You're beautiful

Options

Replies

• ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! This is so true - I hope everyone reads this!

Me too!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't make sense to call ourselves ugly because we don't really see ourselves. We don't watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent. With chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don't see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don't see yourself looking at someone with care inside your heart. There's no mirror in your way when you're laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly beautiful." Author Unknown

LOVE this!!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love this!
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    OP, your post is both wonderful and troubling at the same time. It saddens me that enough people would consider themselves ugly that they'd need such a quote. I'm as female as the next lady and usually my own worst critic, but I don't think I've ever considered myself ugly. I'm just less than perfect. And, being the anal perfectionist that I am, it took me a while to be okay with that. I mostly am okay with it now though. Mostly.

I don't think that I've ever used the word ugly to describe myself....but I know that I have hated myself for a very long time and if I found any beauty in myself, that wouldn't be possible...right? So, I think a lot more of us consider ourselves ugly even if we don't use the word...
  • christinak74
    christinak74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that.
    I took off all my personal pics on my page last week because it just dawned on me recently that, to me, I've become incredibly ugly.
    I never saw myself as ugly until recently.
    :cry:

It's a downer of a day, sorry. Perhaps I need a cookie. LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I took off all my personal pics on my page last week because it just dawned on me recently that, to me, I've become incredibly ugly.

A good aerobic workout would likely lift your mood more than a cookie.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I love this! Everyone should read this!!
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

I understand, MizTerry. I hate pictures of myself. I don't even allow people to take pictures of me. (((HUGS)))

A cookie and a long run! :happy:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP, your post is both wonderful and troubling at the same time. It saddens me that enough people would consider themselves ugly that they'd need such a quote. I'm as female as the next lady and usually my own worst critic, but I don't think I've ever considered myself ugly. I'm just less than perfect. And, being the anal perfectionist that I am, it took me a while to be okay with that. I mostly am okay with it now though. Mostly.

I don't think that I've ever used the word ugly to describe myself....but I know that I have hated myself for a very long time and if I found any beauty in myself, that wouldn't be possible...right? So, I think a lot more of us consider ourselves ugly even if we don't use the word...

I get that, but it still saddens me that people would hate themselves. Everybody's beautiful, in their own way. :flowerforyou:
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I've read several of your posts in regards to your husband and his attitude toward you. It makes me sad and angry. But mostly sad.

I'm just gonna give you a flower. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That's really lovely.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

I get that, but it still saddens me that people would hate themselves. Everybody's beautiful, in their own way. :flowerforyou:

I agree...but it's hard to see it in ourselves, sometimes.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't make sense to call ourselves ugly because we don't really see ourselves. We don't watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent. With chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don't see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don't see yourself looking at someone with care inside your heart. There's no mirror in your way when you're laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly beautiful." Author Unknown

this is awesome. thnx for posting :flowerforyou:
  • GSmith0904
    Options
    Beautiful quote! More of us women need to think like this :)
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    Beautiful quote! More of us women need to think like this :)

I agree.

Beauty comes from within to start. If you're ugly inside, you'll always be ugly outside...no matter what you look like.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

Next time he does that, just smile sweetly, tell him that YOU know you're beautiful... and kick him in the f&*^ jaw.

Violence is always the answer, always.

I like you.

LOL! Why did this make me think of the "Lockhorns"? LOL!

acf45a9c-205f-4acc-b9d8-8ed2f496b859_zps5e8c9fa9.jpg

:laugh:
  • tazminacat
    Options

Next time he does that, just smile sweetly, tell him that YOU know you're beautiful... and kick him in the f&*^ jaw.

Violence is always the answer, always.

Agreed... but I also believe beer helps with the answer...
  • tazminacat
    Options
    I've never considered myself ugly, despite how much my brother told me I was. But it's apparent I'm not fully happy with my appearance as I spend at least 10 mins a day putting on make up. I don't load it on to make me look fake or "dolled up" but I don't like being seen without it. If someone tells me I look pretty with make up on, I smile and drink in the good feelings, if someone tells me I look pretty without make up.. I shrug and tell them "I could look better." Sad to think of, but there it is. =^.^=
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    I've never considered myself ugly, despite how much my brother told me I was. But it's apparent I'm not fully happy with my appearance as I spend at least 10 mins a day putting on make up. I don't load it on to make me look fake or "dolled up" but I don't like being seen without it. If someone tells me I look pretty with make up on, I smile and drink in the good feelings, if someone tells me I look pretty without make up.. I shrug and tell them "I could look better." Sad to think of, but there it is. =^.^=

(((HUGS))) It's weird that we can't take compliments. Anytime I get one, I always believe it's a lie. Always.