Starting Weight- Pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nope. My starting weight is a few months after pregnancy, when it gets hard to get the weight off. Why would you put a pregnancy starting weight when you're gonna lose like 15 lbs right after delivery? Doesn't make sense IMO.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    well, it was 2 pounds OVER the weight I saw on the scale the day I went into labor that prompted me to get off my *kitten*, but I'd have never used my highest pregnancy weight as my starting weight otherwise.....all of my pregnancy gain was gone in 2 weeks and stayed off until my daughter weaned.....
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    that would make as much sense as me asking my kids to stand on the scale with me.....

I was going to say that! If you are adding the kid in every time to weigh in then keep on keeping on. Hope they don't gain faster then you lose ;)
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I used what I weighed after giving birth but before all of the crazy emotions started...........
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It can take 6 weeks or so for all the baby related fluid and extra blood to return to reduce back to prebaby levels. I used my weight when starting on MFP. My highest weight while preggers was much higher.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I lost a few pounds before signing up for MFP, but I used the weight I was the day I signed up for MFP since that was effectively my starting point.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    nope... it the weight i was 6 weeks post deilvery... that is the wieght i held on to lol
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to say my high weight is my high pregnancy weight. Baby was only 4 lbs this time (Preemie ) and one month later I was only down 8 lbs out of 48. I had lots of food issues during the NICU stay that I'm still fighting with. The 34 I've lost since have required effort.

This has been way harder than when I previously lost 18 lbs prior to kids mainly because my time and my sleep are not under my control. Losing 54 lbs after my first only required work for the last 5 lbs so I would say that weight would not be a fair start weight.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 2 years ago at 322, but I didn't put that. I put what my weight was when I started here on MFP.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on WW prior to joining MFP, I used my current weight when I signed up -- not my heaviest.

My highest weight didn't happen when I was pregnant, so... can't help you there.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My highest pregnancy weight is more than my starting weight here. Though, frankly not by much! :tongue:

Me too!
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    I put my last known pregnancy weight up there..260 but I weighed about 20lbs more than that by the time I delivered..and lost it after popping her out..most of my pregnancy weight was just lazy I stuffed my face for 9 months weight lol
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I put what I weighed a week or 2 after birth since I weighed more then I weighed right after birth due to the water weight from my c-section.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm preggo now...so I will be using my highest weight as my weight after I deliver.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope not. I was 200lbs with my kids two of 3 were 9lbs and the third 8lbs. My highest weight not pregnant was after my third at 159lbs 6 months after she was born. My pre-prego weight was 132 thats where I want to be. I'd def use the 159 as my starting point, 200 just makes me feel bad lol.
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nope! I put what I weighed at the time of signing up here! :)

this
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well if you were me, it wouldn't matter. I actually weight more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant! I was my goal weight before I got pregnant and only gained about 30 pounds. But what I did was put my starting weight as the number I weighed when started MFP. Don't put pregnancy weight. Those aren't pounds that you gained from eating unhealthy, not exercising, etc., but pounds you gained from a baby. You automatically know you're going to lose some of it. If anything, wait until after your recovery (avg. six weeks) that way everything is back to normal inside your body. That would be the weight I'd start with. Personally, it wouldn't feel like more of an accomplishment to me anyway. The accomplishment would be the weight you lose from working it off - not from having a baby.
  • mbelle97
    mbelle97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nope! I put what I weighed at the time of signing up here! :)

I did the same, starting weight the day I started logging here again. I'd be 70 pounds down if I started with my highest pregnancy weight!!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used my weight from when I signed up, though when people ask how much I lost overall, I subtract from my highest post partum weight, since I lost 20 before MFP
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wish I could put my highest pregnany weight, since then it would look like a 60+ lb loss and I could do my success story! :) But since with both babies, I lost the 40+ lbs of pregancy weight within 4 months (just through giving birth and breastfeeding), I don't really feel like I could justify it.