Shopping time! What items have helped the most?

Options

Replies

• jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about buying a food scale. Can anyone recommend a brand?
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Tiny ramikins for snacks and salad plates to use as dinner plates.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A suspension trainer
    A jump rope
    And more recently, sandbags. 5 lb weights? Gonna need a lot more than that. =/ Your lower body is tremendously strong. 5 lb weights won't challenge it.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    baby spinach! I put that stuff on EVUR-REE-THANG! lol
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The Asics Gel sneakers are nice too! And tighter jeans so I keep going.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Set of cocktail size spoons and cocktail bowls.

They slow down my eating and made me put smaller bites of food in my mouth. The smaller spoon and smaller bowl create an optical illusion making me feel like I'm getting a larger portion. Absolutely essential for any type of treat like ice cream and cereal.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Food scale
    HRM
    Kettlebells
    Sexy workout clothes (whatever, we're all shallow ... looking good motivates me)
    Foam roller
    Measuring tape for progress check-ups

Generally, I just think it's good to have an attitude that buying health & fitness related products is an investment. If you don't spend it now on those things, you will spend it later in medical bills. I certainly would not recommend going into debt to buy things you truly cannot afford. But I do recommend saving up and getting the best you CAN afford when it comes to your health.

As for what brand on the food scale ... I got an EatSmart scale from Amazon. I've had it for about 3 years. It still works great. Measures in lbs, oz., grams, and kilograms, and the customer service from the company is great.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1. Digital food scale
    2. Measuring cups AND spoons
    3. Lots of plastic containers for meals (Wal-Mart has sets of 5 for real cheap)
    4. Little 2oz plastic containers for nuts/seeds
    5. Really good water bottle (I personally like the 32oz Bobble filtered bottles)
    6. Quality poultry shears
    7. George Foreman grill (or similar)
    8. Quality microwavable rice cooker
    9. Omron Body Fat meter (look on Amazon for a good deal)
    10. BodyMedia FIT LINK armband

Now go forth...
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I like snack baggies. Portion control!! my Brita water pitcher, you gotta drink lots of water! Cauliflower, you can do anything with it!!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Water bottles of various sizes. One for home, on for your car, one for your gym bag, one for work, so you have no excuses not to chug it back all day long.
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    #1 Food Scale
    #2 Measuring cups (get more than one set)
    #3 Steamer
    #4 Crock Pot (Join one of the recipe groups here, tons of great, low-cal crock pot meals)
    #5 Olive Oil bottle (got the funky Rachel Ray one from WalMart - Love it) in with good oil, out with the bad
    #6 Tie Quinoa and Brown Rice
    #7 MFP - especially the recipe function because I can enter in all the ingrediants in my favorite dishes and get a calorie count. That way I can have the foods I like and still track my calorie intake
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    HRM, good running shoes, and whey protein powder.
  • Heart Rate Monitor n 32 oz water bottle...
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My gym membership
    5lb weights to go with the free youtube video version of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    My bike!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    A good ergonomic water bottle, like a Camelbak. Having something that's fun to drink out of has been my number one helper in staying hydrated, and keeping my hands and mouth busy when I feel a snack craving coming on.

A cute pair of running/workout shoes. The cuter they are, the more you'll want to use them! Same goes for workout clothes. Target has a pretty good line, and I almost always find a good deal or two in the clearance racks at Sport Authority.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lock-n-Lock storage boxes, Bobble water bottle, food scale, good set of knives & pots/pans to cook with.

Heart rate monitor (grrr...), tune band for my cell (tracker & music), great ear buds, various shoes (ALL VIBRAMS!), FitBit

And finally someone to come with me to the gym.
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    You're all so awesome, thanks for the responses!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Everyone stole my answers!! My best ones are the food scale, proper fitted runners and a 2L BPA Free Waterbottle. :smile:
  • kelsbaby5874
    Options
    Sports bras! Sneakers also! (I actually found some good ones on sale at walmart) : ) Oh and target has good workout clothes. I am been eyeing some yoga capri pants walmart just got in bright colors