TIRED TIRED TIRED OF BEING TIRED!!

Options

Replies

• ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with you probably need more calories and certainly more water. I drink a ton of water every day but sometimes I can't if I'm not in my usual routine and I find myself yawning and dragging, struggling just to stay awake. As soon as I am re-hydrated, I am good to go again.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I would be tired also if I only consumed 900 cals and did an hr of strength training.
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    B12. Worked wonders for me! Get your doctor to test your levels.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Try getting an extra hour or two of sleep. Also, it helps if you can go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time every day. The human body responds better to consistency.

I started sleeping around 7.5 hours every night and have found that works for me. I also phased out hitting "Snooze". When you hit snooze and fall back asleep, your body starts back into a deep sleep and you wake up groggier than before because you didn't get to finish the sleep cycle. It's hard to not hit snooze but it pays off!
  • blmartin2x5
    blmartin2x5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you having trouble sleeping because of stress? I tried everything (diet change, more sleep, less sleep, etc.) but was still fatigued. At the time I would have told you that I'm not any more stressed than anybody else (because it becomes your own "normal'). All the stress finally came to a head and I realized how stressed out I really was. I made major life changes (offset a lot of responsibilities that did not have to be mine). My energy level went way up. I've made the changes permanant.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that eating starchy things like bread or cereal, particularly if they're highly refined, or sweet things like fruit early in the day make me tired and hungry all day.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you're simply not eating enough. Yesterday your gross calorie total was 902 and you burned 400 calories exercising...so your net calorie intake for the day was only 502 calories. Unless you're doing 5:2 fasting and that was a fast day, you're simply not taking enough in and are feeling knackered as a result.

As others have said, try upping your sleep too.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am so surprised that no one has asked about your protein intake? Even without beef you must get the proper amount of protein to fuel your day.

I can't work out in the morning without my breakfast. I use the guide of 30% of each meal is protein. No or low protein for me means I fall down for no reason.

I count it a good nights sleep if I get at least 7 hours.
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sleep more.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    6 Hours isn't enough. It's recommended that people get 7-8 hours each night. I'm exhausted and drained when I get a few nights of only 6 hours sleep.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY
    DRINK LOTS NOW!
    HA HA HA HA

Good Advice! ;)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You need to eat, to fuel the body!!!
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    AMINO ENERGY!!!! and at least 7 hours.

Its like an energy drink BUT its a powder supplement you add to water. You can get it at any health supplement store. I recommend Grape. Not a fan of the others. My trainer made me get it and now I love it and most days don't go without it. Weekends I usually don't use it. Only during the work week. Weekends I get to nap with my daughter LOL
  • PagiePuju
    PagiePuju Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have iron deficiency anemia and feel like that all the time. Doesn't matter how much I eat, sleep or workout. May want to see your doctor for blood work just to be on the safe side.
    If your cold all the time it's also a sign of anemia...
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm a big b12 (and b6) fan too. I always try those first. Some days they are enough to pull me out of my 3:00 slump, but other days I have to reach for the coffee for a mid day jolt.

I would die if I only got 6 hours of sleep a night...
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't forget rest days, you need them
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Have your Vit D level checked by your doctor. Most people are deficient. I was always tired and had mine checked, I was very deficient.
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    12. Take a nap every afternoon.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum
  • MardiGrasMichelle
    MardiGrasMichelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain and had my thyroid taken out in 2010 and have been extremely tired beyond words. Your thyroid controls every thing including your metabolism so I would strongly suggest thyroid level tests and check your neck at your next annual. Doctors do not automatically check your thyroid so ask them. Luckily my thyroid cancer was found from an unrelated MRI very early. Good luck! Hypothyroidism signs and symptom may include:
    Fatigue
    Increased sensitivity to cold
    Constipation
    Dry skin
    Unexplained weight gain
    Puffy face
    Hoarseness
    Muscle weakness
    Elevated blood cholesterol level
    Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
    Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
    Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods