cool body changes

Options
my husband and i have been eating pretty clean about 95% of the time, we may eat one non clean item a week... any who... one crazy thing we noticed... we get sick on unhealthy foods! ive heard of this before and thought it was so wierd, but i have never experienced it. my husband totally didnt believe it. so we began eating clean... we used to eat pizza rolls, mini corn dogs grilled cheeses etc. and now eat only lean meats veggies, fruits and whole grains.... so about 3 weeks in we had people over and grilled burgers and brats... i had 2 brats and the next day i was so sick. had a food poisoning type reaction it was awful... but i get food poisoning alot and usually it lasts all day or a few hours, this was a one time only thing ... my husband felt sick as well... i still thought it could have been food poisoning since the brats were out a while, but the next time i had something loaded with unhealthy carbs i was sick again bloated for an entire day .. my husband as well. point it we are almost amazed that the body can be conditioned to accept certain things and deny other things. weve heard it again and again but to actually experience it is a nice reminder of hey, u shouldnt eat this crap. im so happy that we experienced it, it makes us double think when we want pizza or other things, is it worth the 19 hour stomach ache and headaches? no way! anyone else notice this?

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but I would not be happy with that. I am really happy that I can eat healthy 80% of the time and eat whatever I feel like the other 20% without getting sick. Couldn't imagine a life without all that good food!
  • kbrhelker23
    Options
    it only happens if we eat like 8 servings of white pasta or brats which are pure grease... i mean we can still go to tgi fridays and eat and feel fine.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have figured the same thing out! Most of the time I don't feel very ill, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It's kind of a let down!
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't have any kind of hot dogs, sausage, kielbasa, etc. I can still eat ground beef but ONLY if it's lean. I get the worst stomach aches and gastrointestinal issues from processed meats. Bleh! :sick:

You're not alone. :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily feel sick afterwards, I just have come to not want it in the first place. After almost a year of chiefly clean eating, very little white carbs or refined sugars, no soda, and lots of vegetables, somehow a big deep dish pizza or cheesy fries just doesn't sound all that great anymore. I'd rather kill a giant grilled chicken Caesar salad, or a big plate of navel orange slices. *drools*
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have figured the same thing out! Most of the time I don't feel very ill, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It's kind of a let down!

I have the same thing when I go back "home" to the U.S. every year. The Dutch tend to eat things more "pure" as they say (in the beginning it was more like BLAND) but now I have been eating that way for so long, when I get back to all of the foods I missed in the US, they taste way different than my mind ever remembered them, usually overly salty from additives and preservatives or overly artificially flavored. One thing that surprised me most was Mrs. Buttersworth syrup. I used to love that stuff and it's just way too expensive to buy here and not readily available so I only have it when I'm in the US. Last time I was home I was looking forward to pancakes for breakfast and couldn't figure out for the life of me what I liked about that stuff! It tasted so chemical and nothing like the maple syrup in my mind!

(edit to say I'm just waiting for the Canadians to jump about the Mrs. Buttersworth not being maple syrup LOL)
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just reading the words "pizza rolls" and "corn dogs" made me feel sick..haha