Are you eating a decent, high protein, low fat, clean diet??

Options

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I eat a higher fat, moderate protein diet. You're welcome to look at it if you could kindly ignore this past Tuesday when I went to Chik-fil-a. LOL.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My diary is fairly high in protein. It wouldn't fit a lot of peoples' definitions of "clean," especially lately, and it does tend to be monotonous, but you're welcome to take a look!

ETA - my eating hasn't been that typical for the past week (Easter, having a cold, etc) so I'd look further back than that in mine.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    I fit the description.
    People who are complaining about low fat being unhealthy, are sorta right. Yes it does help hormone levels but you don't need 80g of fat a day to maintain those hormone levels.
    Lowering fat can really help lose weight because of it being so highly caloric.
    Feel free to check mine out.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the replies, haven't had a chance yet to sit and have a good gander but will do later, thanks!!
    What exactly is a clean diet?

Well, in my opinion (and my diet in no way reflects this :happy: ) it would be

Less: White sugar / white flour / chemical additives and all the yummy processed goods they can make

More: Grains / nuts / seeds / fish / meat / healthy oils / fruit / veg

That would be it in a nutshell for me!
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Thanks again for the replies, haven't had a chance yet to sit and have a good gander but will do later, thanks!!
    What exactly is a clean diet?

Well, in my opinion (and my diet in no way reflects this :happy: ) it would be

Less: White sugar / white flour / chemical additives and all the yummy processed goods they can make

More: Grains / nuts / seeds / fish / meat / healthy oils / fruit / veg

That would be it in a nutshell for me!

I was a super believer in eating-clean clean clean clean.... and I failed every time. I don't think anyone should aim to "eat clean." This doesn't mean that you have to rebel and eat a ton of processed foods either.

I honestly believed that it was what I was putting in my body not how much that made the difference. FALSE.

Choose to eat whole foods because they make you feel good. But don't ever limit yourself from eating something because it is "dirty." Limit something because it will make you feel like crap if you eat it (if it does... for some their bodies metabolize crap easily... for me... nope), or because its a gateway food (if you have those.... mine are brownies... they suck my self control in with every bite and decimate it) or because it doesn't fit into your macros for the day.... but never because it is on an imaginary list of bad foods.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Have a look. You might not like what you see though.

CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If the answer is yes... could I be really really nosy and have a gander at your food diary please?? I need some inspiration / ideas / a rough starting point / a good owl fashion nose through your life.. :flowerforyou:

If the answer is no, come sit beside me, tis well comfy.

just be careful you don't go too low-fat, as that can really hinder your progress.

the body needs fat.

i don't eat low fat by any stretch, but it's clean if you wanna peruse for ideas.

Just don't look at the weekend where he ate a pop tart. We made him do that.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No idea why anyone would eat a low fat diet. Fat is delicious, healthy, and filling. Helps keep you regular, helps maintain hormone levels, etc.

^this. I firmly believe that inadequate fat is a more serious/pervasive problem than people realize. I blame the "low fat" craze for the mindset it created.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have a look. You might not like what you see though.

CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg

:happy:

You've reminded me that I never count the calories in fish oil supplements... and that pop tarts are still popular (I didn't think they still existed!). Your lunches sound fabulous too!

Leighann, thanks, I know where you're coming from.... but I don't need ideas on the crap food - I have that well covered!! :happy:

Benflando! Great diary - Some questions if you don't mind.. how do you eat 6 'hard boiled' egg whites? Do you literally just eat them on their own? No nothing added? Do you eat the peanut butter on it's own? By the spoonful? What's 'Brisket'? Is it just a steak of beef?

Lauraceaerosa - can you explain the baked oatmeal to me please?? Do you just bake it in the oven.. along with protein powder and milk? Sounds interesting? Peanut butter cheerios... we are soo missing out. :grumble:

Gryfonclaw.. are you Irish?? (Kerrygold cheese) Can I have the recipe for your breakfast quiche please?

That's as far as I've gotten so far, thanks again for your replies
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of things.

My diary is open. :flowerforyou:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    be my guest, I think (key word I think) its pretty 'clean". 40/30/30 so defiantly not low fat.
  • fit_grrrl
    fit_grrrl Posts: 32
    Options
    mine is opened

C - 35% 135g
    P - 35% 135g
    F - 30% 51g
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No idea why anyone would eat a low fat diet. Fat is delicious, healthy, and filling. Helps keep you regular, helps maintain hormone levels, etc.

^This. Low-fat, high-carb is not good.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    be my guest, I think (key word I think) its pretty 'clean". 40/30/30 so defiantly not low fat.
    I love your attitude. Defiantly not low fat :laugh: All jokes aside, fat is an important and necessary nutrient.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Low fat? Not me. Not ever again. Been there & done that. Kind of like a real slow & painful death.

Our bodies need healthy fats to function so why anyone would want to eat low fat is a puzzle...
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    i eat clean but not low fat, fat is good for a lot of things if your getting in the right kind, it helps you stay fuller longer and trust me that helps!
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    im at a 40/40/20
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    can't even fathom high protein with low fat!!!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    nuts / seeds / fish / meat / healthy oils

How are you eating a low fat diet when eating these things? ^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    30/40/30 and I eat 80/20 style. I only eat "clean" if I prep for a contest..............and that's been a long time ago.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition