Results of Blogilates?

Options
Anyone out there who has been following Cassey Ho's pilates workout-calendar? I'm starting today and I'm wondering how long it took for you to notice changes in your body? As for now, it seems like I have trouble seeing results even if I try really hard getting them .. I've done 30 DS and Insanity, and now I'm adding Blogilates to Stronglifts 5x5, hoping the changes will show up. How long did it take for you guys?

Replies

• snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    anyone???
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The results don't come from the training program you use*, they come from your diet. I like blogilates well enough, but I run and lift, and I'm not sure where I can actually fit in her whole plan, so I generally just do her ab workouts on my ab days.

*In the case of wanting to lose fat. Any cardio and good lifting program will yeild "results" so long as they are supported by the approprite diet and a caloric deficit.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I actually found her blog by scanning Pinterest yesterday and falling in love with her water bottle. XD

I'll have to actually READ the blog sometime soon.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hi Snufs,

I noticed in your diary you tend to eat very few calories. Your calorie goal is 1500 - that means you aim for 1500, not below it. If you are exercising that intensely and frequently, your body needs the energy to recover, build and maintain muscle, and be healthy. By eating so low (assuming you are logging everything), you can end up throwing off your hormones which make it harder to lose weight. Your body knows it's not getting enough and so it is unwilling to let go of the fat stores.

Also, at such a low calorie intake, you are at risk of losing lean muscle mass as well as fat, which will slow your metabolism and make it much easier for you to regain any fat lost and then some in the future.

If you eat your minimum 1500 calories along with half or all of your burned exercise calories (since MFP was designed for you to do this and still have a calorie deficit to lose weight), you may find your body more willing to let go of the extra fat. Take care of yourself and keep trying to get stronger, but know that you must feed yourself properly to do so. Scale weight is definitely not everything, as many members can tell you.

Best of luck.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Hi Snufs,

I noticed in your diary you tend to eat very few calories. Your calorie goal is 1500 - that means you aim for 1500, not below it. If you are exercising that intensely and frequently, your body needs the energy to recover, build and maintain muscle, and be healthy. By eating so low (assuming you are logging everything), you can end up throwing off your hormones which make it harder to lose weight. Your body knows it's not getting enough and so it is unwilling to let go of the fat stores.

Also, at such a low calorie intake, you are at risk of losing lean muscle mass as well as fat, which will slow your metabolism and make it much easier for you to regain any fat lost and then some in the future.

If you eat your minimum 1500 calories along with half or all of your burned exercise calories (since MFP was designed for you to do this and still have a calorie deficit to lose weight), you may find your body more willing to let go of the extra fat. Take care of yourself and keep trying to get stronger, but know that you must feed yourself properly to do so. Scale weight is definitely not everything, as many members can tell you.

Best of luck.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    By eating so low (assuming you are logging everything), you can end up throwing off your hormones which make it harder to lose weight. Your body knows it's not getting enough and so it is unwilling to let go of the fat stores.

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it! I'm afraid this might be the case, since I've worked so hard for half a year without noticing any changes. I will definitely try to eat more and work out at a good rate! Thanks for your advice.
  • taeken805
    Options
    I have been following her for a while on Facebook, but I've just now decided to actually follow the workout calender. I'm kind of at a point of gym burn out, so I decided to take a break from my normal gym routine and just do her monthly calender for a few weeks. Hope you get the results you're looking for :)