Awkward TMI fart question

Options
iceey
iceey Posts: 354 Member
Ok so this is totally embarrassing and I know ladies don't fart, however...

What causes smelly gas farts? I know that farting is totally normal, but I don't think they should really smell unless you are eating something that isn't healthy. Am I wrong?

Because I've been eating pretty well and no different than I've been eating for the last few months, but today! Well! Let's just say that I'm avoiding people! So why is today causing stink?

Anyone get this too and what causes it?

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Food breaking down causes the gas, and just because you eat healthy doesn't mean you can't have bad smelling gas. In fact, usually the more fruits, vegetables and protein you eat the worse it is.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Generally, you have rotting food in your intestines and methane is building up. It has to go somewhere.
  • HuskerDanger
    Options
    Baked beans make my farts smell pretty bad LOL
  • iceey
    Options
    But I thought that non smelly farts are just normal and that happens all the time. I was more concerned about smelly ones.
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    This thread is such a gas.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that Yves Veggie Dogs cause them for me! :blushing:
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Any change in your usual diet will cause your body to go through changes, including making more gas. I know my gas increases when I start eating a lot of fruit. And I can't believe we're talking about this. :)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This thread is such a gas.

Bah dum shh, lol.
  • SurferSooki
    Options
    Lamb or red meat is what I find gives me the most offensive fart - it nearly knocks me out!

Baked beans are fart worthy but not offensive.
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Could be something you ate or, if you haven't 'gone' within the last 24 hours, that'll do it, too. And it will continue until you do 'go".
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Probiotics are very helpful with gas. You need healthy bacteria in your gut.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I first read the title I read "AWESOME TMI fart question" lol.

Like someone else said, it's not just unhealthy food that causes gas. healthy food does too!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    broccoli does it for me - whew baby! Doesn't matter if fresh or cooked. And potato chips but for some reason those smell the same coming out as going in. (sorry - but bet it keeps you away from the chips!)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

What causes smelly gas farts? I

UHHHH...I think being alive causes it. Instead of feeling guilt, next time, look to someone in the room right before you fart, and say DUDE...CHECK THIS OUT...then lift up a leg and blast off.
  • iceey
    Options
    Probiotics are very helpful with gas. You need healthy bacteria in your gut.

Agree. I take probiotics daily and it has helped greatly with my digestion. Highly recommend everyone take them!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    A lot of your green vegetables will have sulfur in them, creating that effect. A lot of beans will, especially if they're not cooked properly. It's not about unhealthy vs healthy food, it's just food. If you're that worried about it, get a deodorizing butt pad.
  • iceey
    Options
    broccoli does it for me - whew baby! Doesn't matter if fresh or cooked. And potato chips but for some reason those smell the same coming out as going in. (sorry - but bet it keeps you away from the chips!)

Oooooh! Maybe it was the broccoli soup I ate for lunch then? I didn't know that veggies can also cause smelly gas!
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Broccoli cheese soup? Yeah, that'll do it.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I find that the healthier I eat, the worse I emit.....
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love my probiotics! And Gas-X. Sometimes, it just happens too much even with the probitoics.

Bell peppers are deadly for me. I swear they smell exactly the same coming out as they do going in. But much fumier.

Brussels Sprouts give me problems, but broccoli and cauliflower do not. But maybe it's because I'm new to Brussels Sprouts and my body hasn't adjusted to them yet?