Eat More to Weigh Less? I THINK NOT!

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If I never measured before using a scale, I don't see why I should start now.
    Because your career depends on it?
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options

clqlgUw.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

clqlgUw.gif

*gigglesnorts*
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, a pound is a pound whether its a pound of gold or a pound of sand (why does everyone say this?!?) 2 +2 = 4.... As far as volume a pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle, so inches are lost versus weight.

This. I asked my doctor about this because I have seen it so many times on MFP about muscle weighing more than fat and that was exactly her answer. A pound of anything is a pound...muscle is about 20% more dense than fat so takes up less room.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

clqlgUw.gif

*gigglesnorts*

*claps*
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat,
    Yes it does.
    a pound is a pound whether its a pound of gold or a pound of sand (why does everyone say this?!?) 2 +2 = 4....
    Gold costs more than silver. Nobody ever says "a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat" any more than someone would say "$100 worth of gold costs more than $100 worth of silver." That isn't what "costs more" or "weighs more" mean.
    As far as volume a pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle, so inches are lost versus weight.
    Since muscle and fat don't come in standard units, obviously "by volume" is what people mean when they say this.
  • zefreak
    zefreak Posts: 37
    Options
    I literally just do the "Eat when I am physically hungry" thing. Alot of the foods I eat are low calorie BUT extremely fulling (I was shocked the other day when I had some raw cucumber and it only equaled to 8 calories! And that kept me full for a few hours) TBH I don't really pay too much attention to how little calories I am eating, I pay more attention to if I am eating too many, and to keep track of what I am eating. The more to 1700 I get (The recommended amount before exercise) the more weight I put on, so I have to try keep it less (Even when I have exercised although I let myself eat more if need be) and that also makes me eat healthier cause I know I don't have as many calories to eat.

It really is about listening to your body and doing whats right for YOU No persons answer is right really, do what you think is best....

BUT if you do want to up your calories next time, maybe do it SLOWLY, add 50-100 every 4-5 days

But most of all make a decision and STICK WITH IT for at least 2-3 months, and try to keep to the same amount of calories give or take 100 every day, if you keep jumping 500-600 calories difference all the time your body will get confused

Good luck :) x
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain what you're wanting in this thread, but medicine that gives you diarrhea will make you lose pounds really fast. Also dehydration, shaving body hair/getting a hair cut/plucking eyebrows, trimming your nails, and exfoliation. All these combined might give you measurable results. But you have to realize, you cannot leave any hair behind. If you're going to commit to this approach, you will need to remove every follicle for any hope of shedding a full pound.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    So basically you guys are telling me that I need to cook all the time, never eat out and invest in a scale?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain what you're wanting in this thread, but medicine that gives you diarrhea will make you lose pounds really fast. Also dehydration, shaving body hair/getting a hair cut/plucking eyebrows, trimming your nails, and exfoliation. All these combined might give you measurable results. But you have to realize, you cannot leave any hair behind. If you're going to commit to this approach, you will need to remove every follicle for any hope of shedding a full pound.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    So basically you guys are telling me that I need to cook all the time, never eat out and invest in a scale?

NO! What? You didn't read a word of what I wrote. Diuretics, laxatives, and an epi-lady. Chop chop!
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options

NO! What? You didn't read a word of what I wrote. Diuretics, laxatives, and an epi-lady. Chop chop!

I did that once. My butt hurt after :laugh:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Oh for... no. Prepare your own meals when possible - and log everything you eat - and also enjoy eating out - and log everything you eat.

And yes, invest in a scale - so you can ACCURATELY log everything you prepare at home. It's twenty bucks.

Key words: (1) LOG (2) ACCURATELY.

Right now you have NO idea what you're actually eating. You can argue all you want, but until you do actually know your intake, you can't make any conclusions about the actual success or failure of your current plan, nor will you be able to make sensible adjustments to that plan if you find you're not getting the results you want.

Quit with the excuses and just DO it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Wants advice.

Gets it.

Balks.

Sounds legit
  • BurtHuttz
    Options

EVERY girl I've ever dated has told me that. I think you guys just say that.
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    Okay. I'll do everything everyone told me. I'm going to buy a scale tomorrow.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

No, what your being told is to prepare as much of your food as you can, invest in a food scale, and when you go somewhere to eat that you don't know the calories, do your best to find something in the database that comparable. Logging calories is never going to be exact, but you need to be consistent and get as close as you can as often as you can.

Also, you're being told to make changes and give your body time to adjust to those changes, then adjust up or down as needed. However, if you don't have accurate information you can't have accurate results, and you won't know what works and what doesn't.
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all comments but I think you just need to be consistent with your calories and logging. Buy a food scale, I swear its awesome to get a true understanding of proportions
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

EVERY girl I've ever dated has told me that. I think you guys just say that.
    It was nothing like you promised me it would be, Burt.

And OP, i got a food scale for 7 dollars at Walmart. Look for sales.