New Vegetarian, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    When I decided to become a vegan the first month was kind of difficult.

I felt horrible and tired and hungry all the time. It was somewhat disheartening but I decided to keep it up and I researched transitioning to veganism. I was doing what a lot of people do and that was to eat a ton of "veggie burgers" and soy junk.

I'm not saying soy is bad but the typical veggie burger is loaded with a lot of processed junk. You wouldn't be able to eat hot dogs non-stop and not feel somewhat icky.

Now I'm not saying all people will go through this and I'm sure there are some people who eat Boca burgers a lot and feel fine but I'm not one of them.

I cut that stuff out and I won't lie that it takes a little more planning but it did make a difference. I started eating a lot more beans, nutS, avocados, and that seemed to help A LOT.

I have found one veggie burger I LOVE and those are Hilary's Eat Well veggie burger. No soy, nuts, egg, milk........ They have 3-4 varieties and they really are great IMO!

You just have to expand your diet and don't be afraid of good fats! They do help! All the best to you!!!!!!!!!!
  • sunkist5555
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for years now, message me, I have lots of info (:
  • LO62212
    LO62212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary I see you eat a lot of white bread. Is there a reason for that? Give whole grain a shot if you can, it is more filling.

Also cereal, for me personally, doesn't cut it for breakfast. I get hungry an hour later.

It has been a weird week because my hubby bought white bread. It must've been really cheap because we normally buy wheat or whole grain. To be honest though, bread has always puzzled me. I never know what's the healthy stuff and what's pretending to be healthy.
  • LO62212
    LO62212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the support! It is all helping me tremendously!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary I see you eat a lot of white bread. Is there a reason for that? Give whole grain a shot if you can, it is more filling.

Also cereal, for me personally, doesn't cut it for breakfast. I get hungry an hour later.

It has been a weird week because my hubby bought white bread. It must've been really cheap because we normally buy wheat or whole grain. To be honest though, bread has always puzzled me. I never know what's the healthy stuff and what's pretending to be healthy.

This might help http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/blogs/healthy-food/whole-wheat-bread-nutrition-labels-1004