Questions for the Coffee Drinkers....

Options

Replies

• jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed coffee by a neurologist after my 1st stroke at the age of 25. I definitely am not able to give it up now at 48!! I have given up the 1/2 & 1/2 for Mootopia nonfat milk and Stevia. :drinker:
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee but I drink it black...no sugar so I don't even think about it. I don't drink any after supper and I seem to not have any trouble sleeping. I don't log it as water so I drink my water on top of the coffee...maybe I just flush it out. I lost weight 13 # since Jan. 1.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be around me if I don't drink coffee.... I have however, adjusted what I put in my coffee. I use splenda and unsweetened almond milk, the calories for it with the additions are 15 per cup... but the great part is using the almond milk adds a little extra protein :)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 100 lbs and have only recently started to cut back on coffee. For the whole of my weightloss I drank coffee and I don't think it stopped me losing any weight. I have only ever drunk coffee with a splash of semi-skimmed milk (never added sugar or cream). I always logged my coffee's on mfp at around 20 calories per mug. It contributed to my calorie goal but I made sure not to let it push me over.

I've recently started to cut back on coffee just to be a bit healthier - I'm trying to drink more green tea and less coffee and black tea (I don't want it to stain my teeth either!). I still have the occassional cup as a treat but I'm trying not to have it every day.

Hope that helps - feel free to add me!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be rude but I'm not sure if this is serious?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Cut back on strong black coffee??? NEVER!
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee with Splenda everyday and I have lost weight!!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee for a year (no decaf either) and it made absolutely no difference in my weight loss or anything else. I added it back after a year because of all the research on the benefits from coffee. I have been happily enjoying my coffee ever since.

I used to use half & half in my coffee but discovered I don't need it so now the only thing I add is a bit of pure stevia powder extract.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    How many of you who have lost weight continued to drink coffee during your weight loss program? I would not say I am a heavy coffee drinker, (maybe 2 - 3 cups per day) and I never put cream or sugar in it. Have any of you continued to lose weight while drinking coffee? If so, what did you put in it, cream, sugar or coffee whitener? I have a hard time giving up coffee - I tried and I was grumpy and tired. There are also a lot of mixed opinions on coffee promoting or inhibiting weight loss that I am unsure of.

No affect on my weight loss whatsoever.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    black Coffee has ZERO nutritional value.

It has Potassium.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Drinking it with the protein powder is interesting! I might have to try that with my vanilla whey powder. Thanks!

Best way to keep it from being lumpy is to add a bit of milk or cream to the powder, stir it well, mush the lumps out, and then slowly add the hot coffee and stir stir stir.
  • lisa3024
    lisa3024 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a true coffee nut! I drink 6 cups a day with 2% milk. I just measure the milk then only drink what I have accounted for. I want my coffee that way and I don't want to feel derived. I have lost 30 pounds so far. It is important not to feel like you are going without all the time so you will stick with your weight loss plan.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Drank coffee throughout my weight loss. At least 2 cups a day with flavored creamer and sweet n low or splenda.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: 2 Cups every morning (sometimes more!) and 1 Cup at Night. Always with half & half. It is my "Freebie". Sometimes I Track it, sometimes I don't. I've done this ever since Way Before I started MFP. Though to be honest I used to drink Coffee all day long and almost NO Water. No I drink A Lot of Water throughout the day!!
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 lbs drinking coffee the whole time. I've given up my mid afternoon cup, only because I thought it was excessive, but I still drink it in the morning and at night. I'm hell to deal with without my Java!
  • mandalynns1
    mandalynns1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee daily, and I have lost 20 lbs so far. Black coffee is a little too strong for me, so I use a little bit of low fat milk to take away the bitter taste, but NO sugar at all!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used to drink tea all day long and then discovered coffee when i moved to Australia.......

MY former intake was 8-10 teas a day and one or 2 coffee latte's with full milk

I cut all this back and now only drink 2-3 coffees per day. 1 black 20 minutes before the gym as my nutrition trainer says this helps with training heart rates etc
    I drink the others white when at home as I use skim milk, when at customers I will take a black coffee with a glass of water
    I count all so it goes in my daily allowance

I enjoy coffee more than tea nowadays, however I am mindfull that a black coffee is minimal and a white one is around 170 calories

and finally if i need it sweet I add Honey - 1 tsp - this is good for joints as well,as having lots of other benefits

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/health-benefits-of-honey.html
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I run a daycare so I have 6 children (5 daycare children and my daughter), all 3 and under (other than my daughter who is 6). I have one coffee every single day, I am working myself to cocoa and a bit of 5% cream. I won't give up my coffee.

And as you can see I have lost almost 70lbs. After my morning coffee I switch to water until my post workout smoothie at 9:30 at night.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    I drink mine the same way. I have tried to drink coffee black and just can't do it. I use lowfat powdered creamer and splenda.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a cappuchino with skim milk almost every day and have lost 30 kilos. I only have one though and always count the calories for it