Binge and Fitness

Options
Hey, I have a huge binge problem and I am only 17! I can't stop binging every two days. What happens is that I stay on a good diet (no major restrictions and a 1200 kcal)for two days and go running or biking. But breakfast is always the hardest and by the third morning I eat about 3000kcal for breakfast, I can't help it! Over time I have spread it on three hours instead of wolfing it down in 30 minutes, but I would still love to have a totally healthy lifestyle and not gain weight (even if it is slowly) constantly when I still have a whole life ahead of me. Please help!

PS: The day after I workout I usually have a binge... pretty unlogic too

Replies

• holsieg
    holsieg Posts: 21
    Options
    I think you are eating far too little, resulting in 'reactive eating'. (often associated with ED recovery, but I think it still stands with your intake)

As you're 17 and seemingly very active, 1200 is far too low for you. I'm 18 and eat about 1700 calories a day, do less exercise than you and lose weight fine!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Binging is usually caused by not eating enough food, possibly in conjunction with doing too much exercise (creating an even larger calorie deficit than dieting alone).

I would suggest finding a good TDEE calculator on the internet, finding out what your TDEE is, and then setting your calorie goal for 20% under that to lose weight. I'm sure you will find you can easily eat much more than 1200 calories a day and still lose weight.
  • webcam11
    webcam11 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the answers. The problem is that this has been going on for 2years, WAY before I started any real diet (yes, I know I'm 17 and I should just be living but I am an athlete and being too heavy for hurdles causes many shin splints). I feel like I do it out of habit now and I don't know how to break the habit.

But I will try to raise my intake a little and see how that changes in the next week.