Anyone want a C25K motivational partner?

Options
I have 90 more pounds to go and I have ALWAYS wanted to become a runner. Is there anyone else who has a lot of weight to lose and wants to join me on my C25K program? I would love to have a friend to text and talk about when we do the daily challenge and how we are doing. :) Anyone out there?
I am also doing 30DS so, it would be cool if I could find someone to do that too! :)

Message, add or comment below!

Replies

• Piesmom96
    Piesmom96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Paige - I just started a C25K challenge and would love to have a partner. I started MFP in January and do fairly well. I have WAY more than 90 pounds to lose and I can't run because I have very bad knees but I've modified my "run" segments to walking as fast as I possibly can. I've done Day One and Day Two of Week One so far. Send me a message if you want to partner up and we'll exchange phone numbers for texting.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Paige! I have about 40 lbs to lose and just restarted C25K. I completed it last summer, but had a sinus infection and pneumonia in the fall and now my lungs are way out of shape. I start week 2 tomorrow. If you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me :) I can't text normally, but if you have some sort of messenger...kik or facebook or something, I can do that. I currently live in Japan so not able to text normal though.
  • emilyrs113
    emilyrs113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Paige - I actually just restarted MFP and am currently on Week 2 of C25K. I've got about 55 lbs to lose, so I'd LOVE to have a buddy for getting this done! My army boyfriend is running it with me, but then he continues on for about 6 miles, so I would love someone that has "struggles" like me! I have unlimited texting, so if that's great for you, I'd be able to chat! Let me know!
  • wip1983
    wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started the C25K program yesterday. I used to run a few years ago, I have run 5k, 10K, Half marathons but my knee was becoming an issue. I really want to start running again, there is no better feeling to me. I have to start slow and build up. I'm planning on scheduling a 5K run in my area so that I have a goal date in mind. I would LOVE to make some friends to help motivate me. I used to be able to run with my dog but she tore her ACL and cant run anymore :( It's sad for both of us, I'm so used to her being by my side it's hard running alone.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im currently on the last day of week 3 feel free to add me. anyone else is welcome to as well.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I finished W3D3 this morning!