Just one thing...

Options
If you were allowed to pass on just one Beauty (Grooming) Tip / Motivational piece of advise to your child that really lifts you up what would it be?:flowerforyou::flowerforyou:

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    I wish I could go with no hair like my husband. Think about the time and money savings if you could shave your head and go in the mornings!! If this was "socially acceptable" without being in chemo, I would do it!!!
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There are many things I wish my mom/dad had passed on to me, but the biggest is that I wish they had forced me not to wear makeup too early. At the very least I wish they had warned me of the damage that foundation can do to your skin when worn daily (clogging pores and contributing to acne). I also wish I had been taught how to properly handle breakouts and I definitely wish that I had not been allowed to drink soda as a child and made to drink more water. Mine all comes back to the damage and scars I now have to deal with on my face, I think that more girls should understand how to properly care for their skin, especially on their faces as being able to present a beautiful freshly clean face to the world is something I can only dream about now.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree with above. Don't wear too much makeup, especially foundation. It will mess up your skin and it NEVER looks good. As much as you think it does, it is ugly. Nothing beats having healthy, smooth skin! Take care of your skin!!
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Drink more water.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the sun. Even if you're wearing sunscreen to prevent a burn, you're absorbing the radiation that damages your skin. Wear a hat and you will always look younger than your peers who tanned. (Of course, I'm a redhead and incapable of tanning, so I have to comfort myself with the looking younger thing. :D )
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I agree with above. Don't wear too much makeup, especially foundation. It will mess up your skin and it NEVER looks good. As much as you think it does, it is ugly. Nothing beats having healthy, smooth skin! Take care of your skin!!

Not true. Wearing make up does not mess up your skin unless you have sensitivity to the ingredients. What can cause messed up skin for some make up wearers is: not properly removing the makeup. Many people who do not wear make up have jacked up skin. It can be from genetics, lifestyle and hygiene.

Make up artist 10+ years.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Sunscreen, sleep and hydration. Okay I know you said one thing, but those three things are awesome!
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen.... and brows..... a well groomed brow really can make you look pulled together without a stitch of make-up
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That it's really not about the superficial (make-up) it's about good grooming and taking care of yourself. Clean hair, clean nails, clean skin, well nourished and exercised body. Oh, and SUNBLOCK is the most important thing you can do for your skin long-term. No amount of make-up will cover up bad nutrition and dirt!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    BTW - wearing make-up doesn't hurt your skin unless you're allergic, wearing the wrong kind for your skin type, and/or not removing it thoroughly. You can't sleep in it and expect your fact to not break out!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Love the skin your in and treat it as though you do.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    A shaved head requires no comb
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be
    it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by
    scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
    than my own meandering
    experience…

...But trust me on the sunscreen…
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Not true. Wearing make up does not mess up your skin unless you have sensitivity to the ingredients. What can cause messed up skin for some make up wearers is: not properly removing the makeup. Many people who do not wear make up have jacked up skin. It can be from genetics, lifestyle and hygiene.

Make up artist 10+ years.

Thank you!! My skin is better right now than it was when I was not wearing any makeup (about 4-5 years ago), so clearly the foundation is not harming my skin!

I agree with some of the other things that others previously said as well.....I wish my mom would not have let me eat junk food and drink soda. She fed me bad things when I was little, giving me unhealthy habits for life......then she gave me even lower self esteem by saying mean things to me about it! So, my advice to the younger generation: When eating, go for things that are unprocessed or barely processed whenever possible. Drink water. And, above all, BE NICE to yourself and everyone else! Spreading negativity never helps anyone.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

No offense, sir, but it also doesn't look as good as you think it does! ((My opinion))
    George Carlin said it best......if you don't know what I mean, google George Carlin on bald guys.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Make your own lotions, scrubs, body oils with basic natural ingredients. They work WAY better than the store bought chemical filled ones and work 5x better.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If my kid ends up gaining weight and having body image issues, and I hope he doesn't...I'll explain to him that wearing super baggy, super oversized things doesn't make you look thinner, it does the opposite. I wish someone would've told me that :I
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm not even bald and I like that idea.
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    See, I went exactly the opposite, I had gorgeous skin until I started wearing foundation and yeah I agree it can be due to improper removal, which is why I'd recommend staying away from it when yooung. u are too y
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth and don't get fat.