INTERMITTENT FASTING...any success stories out there??

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So do you choose a two days during a week to fast then eat normal the other 5 days? Sorry I'm just trying to see what this is all about. Like say I chose Monday and Friday to fast. I would eat my last meal around 5-530pm on a Sunday then fast till Monday and eat my first meal at around 6pm then eat normal till Thursday night where I would have my last meal around 5-530pm and then fast until 6pm on Friday and continue like that? During the fast I'm assuming you are allowed water? How about coffee or tea? During the two fasting days I assume you use those two days as a rest day from exercise as well.

Sorry for all the questions. :flowerforyou:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    So do you choose a two days during a week to fast then eat normal the other 5 days? Sorry I'm just trying to see what this is all about. Like say I chose Monday and Friday to fast. I would eat my last meal around 5-530pm on a Sunday then fast till Monday and eat my first meal at around 6pm then eat normal till Thursday night where I would have my last meal around 5-530pm and then fast until 6pm on Friday and continue like that? During the fast I'm assuming you are allowed water? How about coffee or tea? During the two fasting days I assume you use those two days as a rest day from exercise as well.

This looks like you're interested in 5:2. There are many IF plans out there. 5:2 is just two fasting days per week. The fasting day would be 500 calories for a female, or 600 calories for a male (I do more like 250 on my fasting days, and some fast completely) but that's however you want to split it up for the entire day from waking until going to bed. You would eat normally (not bingeing) on your non-fasting days.

Among some other IF plans, if you're interested and want to google, are ESE, LeanGains, JUDDD (my personal favorite, and how I lost over 100 of my pounds!), 5:2, and others.

Good luck!

ETA: If you go with 5:2, there are no restrictions as to which days you choose, but they are not to be consecutive days. I'm doing Tuesdays and Fridays in maintenance.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options

This looks like you're interested in 5:2. There are many IF plans out there. 5:2 is just two fasting days per week. The fasting day would be 500 calories for a female, or 600 calories for a male (I do more like 250 on my fasting days, and some fast completely) but that's however you want to split it up for the entire day from waking until going to bed. You would eat normally (not bingeing) on your non-fasting days.

Among some other IF plans, if you're interested and want to google, are ESE, LeanGains, JUDDD (my personal favorite, and how I lost over 100 of my pounds!), 5:2, and others.

Good luck!

ETA: If you go with 5:2, there are no restrictions as to which days you choose, but they are not to be consecutive days. I'm doing Tuesdays and Fridays in maintenance.

Thank you so much for the reply. oh so on the fasting days you can still have 500 calories? I'm definitely going to do some googling and reading more up on it later this afternoon. Thanks again!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yes, some people fast completely, while some do just liquids, but 500 calories or less is perfectly acceptable. Enjoy!
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    bump
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more info...
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    helps to reduce the calorie intake but didn't have anything significant benefit in cutting fat or building muscles.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs doing alternate day IF and now I'm maintaining with the 8/16 IF window. For me, IF works great :)