Blame it on the alcohol

Options
So, I'm a drinker. NO BEER though, ick. Tonight, some friends are throwing a bday party for my fiancee and I'm definitely gonna have a drink or 2... but I need to start watching the calories! Usually I might have a couple Mike's Harder Punches but those are 400 cals a piece! I'm thinking maybe some red wine or Diet Coke & rum?

Replies

• mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I LOVE beer, but since dieting I try to stick to a hard alcohol and non-calorie drink mix.

Some of my favs:
    -Rum or whiskey and Diet Coke
    -Vodka, water, and MIO drops
    -Vodka and fruitty fuzzy water
    -Tequila and Diet Fresca
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    I'm pretty sure vodka will do the least amount of caloric damage. You can bring some crystal light packs and mix it with water to make "juice" and then add vodka...that's pretty good, done it before. Or get a low cal juice and mix it with the vodka. Only problem with that combo is sometimes the vodka taste gets hidden and all of a sudden youre wasted! Hahaha. (Not that I've done that before or anything, lol) Good luck dear & have a great time! :)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Vodka is probably the best bet, but if you really like Mike's Hard drinks, the lemonade comes in a light version. It's not a perfect option, but it's much better than the full calorie version.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka and water. My favorite: cucumber vodka and water. Nom nom :)
  • mamabisme
    mamabisme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda with a splash of diet cranberry juice is my favorite.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda with a lemon and lime is one of my favorites, also if I want to limit my consupmtion I will have red wine because I can sip it very slowly.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Spiced rum with diet ginger beer and a squeeze of lime is going to be my drink of choice this weekend.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Red wine can pack some calories as well (or maybe its cause I end up drinking the whole bottle)
    The best drink to minimize calories is hard liquor, vodka, rum, etc, and a low/no calorie mix. I like vodka and soda water with lemon and lime. Tonic water has calories.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    When I started the diet I changed from beer to Whisky + water. I can get three whiskies for the same calorie cost as a pint of beer! It would be stupid not to.......... :laugh:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    cake vodka and diet coke. end thread/
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    EAT
    DRINK
    BE MERRY
    BUT work it off, it is rather simple.
    burn 1000 calories a day, and then drink your face off!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Vodka and monster zero is my fave ever. I don't drink often so i end up smashed very quickly! Have a fab night :)
  • mstyer2790
    mstyer2790 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. I will be sure to let ya know how it goes & I've promised myself I will put it in my food diary :drinker:
  • DrakeMorse
    DrakeMorse Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great drink with Ginger Beer... the DARK & STORMY - Dark (or Black) Rum and Ginger Beer.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I LOVE beer, but since dieting I try to stick to a hard alcohol and non-calorie drink mix.

Some of my favs:
    -Rum or whiskey and Diet Coke
    -Vodka, water, and MIO drops
    -Vodka and fruitty fuzzy water
    -Tequila and Diet Fresca

Vodka water and mio drops are awesome, or a crystal light packet.
  • meganbook
    meganbook Posts: 71
    Options
    Tequila and club sode (or diet tonic water) with a lime wedge
    Vanilla vodka and diet ginger ale

Also, Hungry Girl has some great ideas for low-cals alternatives: http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2031
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Let us know how the work out goes the next day. I quit drinking 3 years ago. I had 1 Grey Goose Martini last Friday at a work function it really affected my work out the next day. Sticking with the seltzer and lemon from now and have just as much fun.

Someone once told me a beer or a mixed drink has the same amount of calories in a sandwich.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Two glasses of white wine and I'm usually tipsy enough to make it count. =B
  • jeepgirl4ever
    Options
    Mike's Hard Lemonade has light wine coolers. They are only 125 calories.
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    My homemade long island iced tea - diet snapple green tea packet with water, bourbon, and a dash of citric acid for added tartness. shake hard with ice and it gets all foamy!