breakfast

Options
Any ideas for breakfast that do not include eggs or high carb entrees?

Replies

• JaimeMWS
    JaimeMWS Posts: 36
    Options
    Breakfast on the go - 2 pieces of string cheese + 2 celery stalks (fiber in celery makes cheese more satisfying)
    smoothies with protein powder, fruit and greek yogurt (any collection of low-carb recipes will have smoothie recipes you can start with and see what you like)
    cottage cheese with diced fruit or berries
  • mfmclean
    mfmclean Posts: 4
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone else has my problem. I was so happy about a week ago. I had finally lost 5 lbs. a few days later I was up 4 and by the end of another week was up 10 lbs and was at my heaviest weifGht ever. My food intake remained consistent and I was exercising. It seems no matter what I do or eat I have no control over my weight. The fluctuations are unbelievable.
  • mfmclean
    Options
    Has anyone tried raspberry ketones?
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    don't look into diet pills etc. if they worked they would be widely available and popular.

You are 57 female - could it be menopausal? You can't really gain that much weight in a week!! It could be water weight from hormones going a little crazy.

Perhaps see your doctor and ask them about it. Get a blood test and get the all clear, and make sure you get your thyroid checked as well as thyroid problems can arise in women later in life and really need to be treated.

Good luck!
  • ohtobe140
    ohtobe140 Posts: 93
    Options
    I eat salad for breakfast. I don't really like vegetables so I get it out of the way first thing in the morning. LOL
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yogurt and peanut butter; protein bars; turkey and cheese rollups.
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast smoothie every morning that ties me over until lunch (love it too!):
    Banana
    1 C Frozen Strawberries
    1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal (optional)
    1 C Skim Milk
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is amaranth which is a very small grain, or more accurately, a seed, that contains lots of protein. I first found the recipe in Dr. Mark Hyman's "The Ultimate Metabolism Cookbook", but have since altered it a bit. Basically one part amaranth to three parts liquid; I use 1 cup amaranth, 1 cup soy milk and 2 cups water. I add about 1 or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the amaranth before adding the liquid. Cook slowly over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes. This gives you enough for several meals which I just heat up with some almond milk, add a bit of banana and a few chopped walnuts. Yummy!
    Hyman's recipe called for 3 cups of soy milk and adding a chopped up apple to the cooking cereal; no goodies added after, if I recall.
  • mfmclean
    Options
    I am on thyroid meds and have had my blood checked. Nothing is irregular.
    I am getting hopeless!
  • tmac1967
    tmac1967 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    Looks like you are doing great!!! Keep Up the good work)
    Tmac67
  • tmac1967
    tmac1967 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    It's tmac67 again. I forgot to ask you. What is the problem with your thyroid? I know it's hard to lose weight, because it slows down metabolism. As if it isn't hard enough to lose weight. "right?"

Tina
  • CharlotteRegan1
    Options
    Chopped up kiwi and strawberries with natural yogurt! It's amazing.

Change the fruit each day to suit whatever you have at home :)