Protein Shakes- Help me out please.

Options
So recently came accross some good ideas about how to incorporate some more protein in my daily habits. Was wondering what protein powder i should buy to make shakes with. I was told by a friend that some make you gain weight...

HELP? I'm lost.. also if you have any recipes i'd appreciate the help :)

Replies

• MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    protein shakes will not help in gaining weight unless theyre mass gainers which are real dense in calories, I would say optimum nutritions gold standard whey is probably the best. go to bodybuilding.com for the best deals
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Body Tech Primal Pro Vanilla (160 cal per scoop) and Chocolate (150 cal per scoop). I have a few standby smoothies when I'm hungry and can get out less than 400 cal
  • kaylawake
    Options
    I went to GNC because I needed some due to the fact that I wasn't eating enough - The GNC "Total Lean" brand is pretty good - packed with protein, lactose free, great flavors, and only 170 calories - the bottles are pretty big too! Right now they're buy one get one half off - you can get them in the premade bottles or you can get the powder in a canister. They're great.
  • ebel3235
    ebel3235 Posts: 5
    Options
    I use the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey Chocolate. I usually blend it with a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a tablespoon of powdered organic peanut butter, and half of a frozen banana. It's delicious and packed with roughly 27 grams of protein. It has 130 calories and 1 gram of fat. My local Vitamin Shoppe store carries it in the 5 pound tub at the same price bodybuilding.com sells it, but you don't pay shipping, and you earn points towards your next purchase (which can save you around $10).
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    I use the GNC Pro Performance Vanilla Whey (25 g. protein, 130 g. protein) for my everyday shakes (typically blended with 1 c. unsweetened almond milk or skim milk and 1/2 c. of frozen fruit). When I'm running around and don't have access to a blender, I keep packs of GNC Total Lean Lean Shakes in Vanilla Bean (25 g. protein, 170 cals) and Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb in Apple Melon flavor (40 g. protein) - it tastes like a Jolly Rancher - in my car to drink. I've also recently tried the Total Lean Lean Shake in Orange Cream (25 g. protein, 200 cals) - it has a higher calorie content and is good when mixed with water but tastes EXACTLY like a dreamsicle when mixed with 1c. skim milk. Hope you find one that's right for you!

* And ice. I blend almost everything w/ice.
  • Vampink27
    Vampink27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went to GNC last night and for meal replacement the sales person recommended Syntha-6. It has 22 grams of Protein. It comes in a variety of flavors, I purchased the chocolate even though I'm not a chocolate fan. I just had my first shake for lunch and it was delicious and all I added was water. I'm definitely looking forward to trying more of the other flavors. Good Luck!
  • JessicaNicoleSo
    Options
    DECISIONS DECISIONS! i don't even know where to begin!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ive tried the GNC Total Lean chocolate and vanilla (the strawberry ones were disgusting to me) and they were pretty good on the go. I now use visalus protein mix which i really enjoy. visalus is way more expensive to buy at once (one bag makes about 30 shakes for 55 bucks) and the total leans are about 8-9 bucks for 4 bottles...they can be about the same cals for the shakes (both under 200).

I prefer the visalus shake mix because I enjoy adding things to it (i got bored with the total leans after a while) but thats a point of preference. I think they are both tasty and if you like eating the same things over and over, the total lean shakes are good, easy to get at your local GNC and doesnt require commitment.

PS- I dont sell vislaus, promote visalus and i am not one of those cult-like people who scream "vi-life!" at everybody, they make a good product that tastes good and helps with weight loss, it has worked for me and I dont mind sharing the information. I dont want the vi-bashers to come out of the woodworks and stone me to death!
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    +1 for Optimum Nutrition whey. I've tried 4 flavors so far and they are all good.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    )est protein powder out there in my opinion is MTS Nutrition Whey. Anything done by Marc Lobliner is A+++. He truly cares about his customers and does nothing but high quality stuff.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Walmart
    Pure Protien Whey Vanilla or Chocolate Protien Powder, 1 scoop.
    Calories 140 Carbs 3; Fat 3; Protien 25; Sugar 2
    Very good!
  • SoupeyBum
    Options
    bump
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Banana Cream is pretty amazing! Love that stuff!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many different shakes and have found the EAS 100% whey the best tasting. I make them with 1 cup of skim milk and a scoop of ice and its like a chocolate shake :)