Spontaneous food parties in the office

Options
Have the day planned out with nice healthy meals and the bosses spontaneously decide to provide Pizza and Ice Cream for lunch.

Sigh. Going to pass and just stick with the healthier food I brought with me today.

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A small bit of the icecream would be ok.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sometimes you just have to say no! Don't make it a habit though, sometimes you have to indulge or else what fun is living?
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    People are always bringing donuts here. I just stay away. Somedays are harder than others. I opted for my breakfast I packed with me instead :) Good luck!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Have the day planned out with nice healthy meals and the bosses spontaneously decide to provide Pizza and Ice Cream for lunch.

Sigh. Going to pass and just stick with the healthier food I brought with me today.

You appear to have a handle on the situation . . . were you looking for someone to talk you out of it?
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Wish we could change office culture to value health and fitness instead of indulgence and complacency.

My team just hit an important benchmark. Our reward? Pizza party next Friday. I'm peacing out for a sushi lunch with a friend while everyone else mows down on the Valentino's.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Good choice!! We are having a potluck today and I brought a dish but I'm still not eating the food!

It's difficult to say no, but stay strong!
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    great going, best not to even start! same at Christmas, 1 Choc turns into 10!
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My old company was really great for this kind of stuff. Instead of providing biscuits to go along with our tea and coffee, they got a piece of fresh fruit for everyone 3 days a week :-)
  • Elias1877
    Options
    I hear ya. Wish we could change office culture to value health and fitness instead of indulgence and complacency.

My team just hit an important benchmark. Our reward? Pizza party next Friday. I'm peacing out for a sushi lunch with a friend while everyone else mows down on the Valentino's.

lol. depending on the type of sushi, it can have just as many cals if not more than a slice or 2 of pizza.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We have spontaneous pizza days too. I just eat half my lunch that I packed and then maybe eat one piece of pizza. We usually get a veggie pizza so it's not that bad. There are only four of us in the office, so it would be really obvious if I didn't eat any.
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They always do that at my job too! It gets so annoying when you meal prep...but like yesterday after the 5th person walked by my office and tried to tempt me to join them and just have a little, I closed my door! No thank you, I don't want to smell it nor indulge in it.

And the sad part about it is it seems like they take offense by you not eating with them. I told them I'm on a strict diet and my lunches are planned for the work week for this simple fact, no offense and I'm not being anti social, just trying to stay committed to my plan I set for me...
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I work in a physician's office and every day we can choose where we want lunch to come from and exactly which menu item we'd each like. The drug reps pay for it and deliver it to the office along with sweet tea and lemonade and (today) cookies. Everyone in the office is overweight except for the doc (he eats a piece of cheesecake and nothing else for the entire day... not exactly healthy but it works for him). Even trying to order a "healthy" restaurant option is difficult (I don't eat much meat and salads can be deceivingly high calorie if you want them to taste acceptable). Oh, and one of the girls who works there is a baker on the side and brings huge, delicious-looking cupcakes on a regular basis. Boxes of donuts are her second favorite things to bring. I don't get it.

So now I pack a lunch and get weird looks from the girls when I tell them I'm not ordering anything for the day. They're always like, "Oh, are you being good?" and roll their eyes. Smh.
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    I try and just avoid those. Stay away from the temptation. What's worse than those parties, though?? I used to have a co-worker who would insist that I join them, and when I would say no and stay at my desk she would bring me a plate of food and put it on my desk in front of me!!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Going to pass and just stick with the healthier food I brought with me today.

thats what I do... my food is usually much tastier anyway :-) make lunches you really enjoy then you won't be as tempted. My office orders pizza that is just averave... not worth it to me.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well,even if I'm not eating what they eat, I still sit with them and hang out. You can be social and still stick to your packed lunch.
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    Well,even if I'm not eating what they eat, I still sit with them and hang out. You can be social and still stick to your packed lunch.

I wish I had the will power to do that. It's something I need to work on, but in the meantime I'd rather avoid the temptation. :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Yum! If there is a food party, I will be there. I eat healthy most of the time and work out, so why not? I do try to stick to one serving though.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options

lol. depending on the type of sushi, it can have just as many cals if not more than a slice or 2 of pizza.

True story. Gotta stay away from the cream cheese/tempura/rolls covered in sweet sauce.