Eating out of the litter box

Options

Replies

• cakekitty3
    Options
    Seriously. The dollar store has litter boxes. Don't reuse an old one. AHHHHHH!!!!! The thought is making me sick. I hope I don't have people in my life that think this is okay.

See this link http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/zoonoticdisease.html.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Looking to make a birthday cake for someone. Does anyone have any idea how to do something like that? I have a cat box that I can use already. I scrubbed it really good last night, and its warm enough for the kitty to use the outside now.
    I see they have a tin foil liner, I have an idea for the cake, but what can I use for the "toppings"

Thank you in advance. Really any cat cakes will do.

900x900px-LL-e1625879_gallery3247531337262911.jpeg

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A TROLL WANTING ATTENTION!!! :huh:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    lmfao that looks seriously disgusting.

Tootsie Rolls.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I would suggest pouring some root beer over the "litter" right before serving, for that authentic freshly used catbox look. Make it nice and foamy.

lol!

i think it's pretty funny how angry people are getting about re-using a litter box, but really people, do you know how much fecal matter is on doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones? a LOT.

i would buy a new cat box though - they are pretty cheap
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Let her make and eat her cake people! after washing the box in the dishwasher they will be eating the same "crap" anyways......:tongue:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    A few extra germs are good for the immune system!
  • pobanion
    pobanion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't care how well you scrubbed it. Even if you soaked it in bleach, the idea of using an already-used catbox for food of any kind is really gross. *shudder* :sick:

^^Totally this.. Get a new one... nasty!!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    "Poo booty". Heh.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Thank God you are not my "friend". This is the most revolting thing I have ever heard......and I have two little boys! Buy a NEW pan!!
    What is wrong with you???
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would add granola to the kitty poo.....

This.

Or candy corns.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/kitty-litter-cake-for-halloween

Ingredients

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
    1 white cake mix
    2 large packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
    1 large package vanilla sandwich cookies
    green food coloring
    12 small Tootsie Roll candies
    You'll also need:
    1 new kitty litter pan
    1 new kitty litter pan liner
    1 new pooper scooper

Directions

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
    Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
    Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
    When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.
    Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
    Put 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
    Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. For the coup de gras take one Tootsie Roll and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!
    Further notes: I had a reader write in saying this recipe only needed half the amount of pudding. I personally liked the cake with the amount given in this recipe. But feel free to use this as a loose guideline, use more or less as you see the need. Also, since the layer of cookies (with the chloropyll green specks, covers the top, you could really use any flavor or flavors or cakes underneath. Last but not least, you can also opt not to crumble the cakes, but rather layer them in the pan with the layers of pudding in between (much like you would layer a trifle into a trifle dish), sprinkle the top layer of pudding with a heavy layer of crumbled cookies. Same effect, different texture entirely to the dessert.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Made this for my sons bday this year...there are many recipes if you google kitty litter cake...and please tell me you are joking about reusing your cats litter box...that is repulsive.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Seriously. The dollar store has litter boxes. Don't reuse an old one. AHHHHHH!!!!! The thought is making me sick. I hope I don't have people in my life that think this is okay.

See this link http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/zoonoticdisease.html.

I'd rather eat out of used litter box than a litter box from the dollar store.
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I think this is a joke. It's funny.

If it's not a joke... Thats sad.
  • stadter
    stadter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Walmart has very cheap litter boxes and scoopers, as does the dollar store... would not reuse one.

I made one of these before and did rice krispie treats for the cake part and sprinkled in some nerds candy (for the fancy cat litter :-) ). I used tootsie rolls for the poo. I didn't have a cat in mine though.

Even with the new box, i still lined it in foil.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a cat box that I can use already. I scrubbed it really good last night, and its warm enough for the kitty to use the outside now.

Can't stop laughing! Must. Stop.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    GET A BRAND NEW BOX AND SCOOP!!! Reusing a used one no matter how much bleach is gross!!!!
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love cats, and I accept that their litter dust gets everywhere in my house, and that I probably inhale cat feces on a regular basis.
    I would still be FRIENDS OFF FOREVER if someone brought me a food item in a used litter box, liner or not.
    /socialized

Also, googling kitty litter cake or litter box cake is going to net you about a gazillion more usable ideas than this board has offered you so far. :flowerforyou:
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    I don't care how well you scrubbed it. Even if you soaked it in bleach, the idea of using an already-used catbox for food of any kind is really gross. *shudder* :sick:

^ no thanks O.o
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,130 Member
    Options
    new litter box of course.

I would use Baby Ruth candy bars - cause they look gross and lumpy anyways... the smaller ones, like the snack size.