Friends, how many of us have them.

Options
13»

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Just tab her page. Problem solved. I do this a lot.

This is worrying . . .

Have you tabbed my page?

Yes of course. You are the first one
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    1. It’s your profile and you have every right to handle it the way you want to. If you want to delete someone, go ahead.
    OK

2. I understand not wanting to be part of a “collection” but it’s just your picture. So why is that a problem?
    because I do not want to be a part of a harem.

3. If you add a person and they never talk to you. What’s the big deal? They are just on your friends list.
    They are taking up space on my wall, darn it!

4. What is the point of “cleaning” your friends list?
    to clean the list, duh.... ;-)

What ever you say, just don't beat me up....lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I just checked. I have 104 people on my Friends List. However, I have about 24 friends who I interact with, by following their posts, statuses. I applaud them when the have an awesome workout and support them when they have a bad day or hit a wall. And those 24 do the same for me.

I would rather have those 2 dozen friends who are familiar with my goals, my plan and my progress than the other 80 who I have no interaction with. Maybe it's time for a clean-up.

It's kinda like high school, yeah I went to school with 800 classmates, but only a handful were there to party with me when I graduated.

BTW, Pam, you are a keeper.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just checked. I have 104 people on my Friends List. However, I have about 24 friends who I interact with, by following their posts, statuses. I applaud them when the have an awesome workout and support them when they have a bad day or hit a wall. And those 24 do the same for me.

I would rather have those 2 dozen friends who are familiar with my goals, my plan and my progress than the other 80 who I have no interaction with. Maybe it's time for a clean-up.

It's kinda like high school, yeah I went to school with 800 classmates, but only a handful were there to party with me when I graduated.

BTW, Pam, you are a keeper.

Lets party when you get to your goal.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Its all personal preference my friend...we either want someone in our life or don't.FREEDOM of choice=HAPPY

As for are they real friends, Well some of them sure do feel like good friends they share insecurities that they wouldn't share with people they meat(meet) on a day to day basis and a lot of them have shown support and concern...also they have made me laugh when I have felt quite down.So yes my friend I would consider a lot of people on here to meet the friend criteria.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to be active on my newsfeed, then I can't get to know you, encourage you, help you, and I have no idea if you're following my posts either. If I post something needing a suggestion or a bit of advice, and someone who doesn't take a minute to see what I'm about suggests a cleanse or cutting my carbs, then obviously they aren't keeping up with who I am.

The more time I get to know the people on my friends list, the more I am encouraged. Besides, what's the point of having "friends" if you don't know them or like them or have anything at all in common?

EDIT: AND BECAUSE IT'S MY FRIENDS LIST AND I'LL CUT IF I WANT TO! :flowerforyou:

Now...stop being mean on the internet.

I <3 you!

I only want awesome people like this guy on my FL! :D
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you're not going to be active on my newsfeed, then I can't get to know you, encourage you, help you, and I have no idea if you're following my posts either. If I post something needing a suggestion or a bit of advice, and someone who doesn't take a minute to see what I'm about suggests a cleanse or cutting my carbs, then obviously they aren't keeping up with who I am.

The more time I get to know the people on my friends list, the more I am encouraged. Besides, what's the point of having "friends" if you don't know them or like them or have anything at all in common?

EDIT: AND BECAUSE IT'S MY FRIENDS LIST AND I'LL CUT IF I WANT TO! :flowerforyou:

Reported!

Meh...don't care. BTW: You're cut now...:flowerforyou:

Edit: Umm...just saw the heart post :blushing: I was just playing about cutting you...I :heart: you too!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I <3 you!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted a couple people because they turned out to be a bit,I don't know how to say this...strange?

The rest of the people on my list are great.Very active with logging and very supportive and funny.

I've never met any of them and about half live in other countries but they are definitely real.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great post. Being fairly new to the site I was wondering the same thing! Personally, I always accept friend requests. I'm a firm believer that every person I meet contributes to my life.
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I <3 you!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:

I love it!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    1. It’s your profile and you have every right to handle it the way you want to. If you want to delete someone, go ahead.
    OK

2. I understand not wanting to be part of a “collection” but it’s just your picture. So why is that a problem?
    because I do not want to be a part of a harem.

3. If you add a person and they never talk to you. What’s the big deal? They are just on your friends list.
    They are taking up space on my wall, darn it!

4. What is the point of “cleaning” your friends list?
    to clean the list, duh.... ;-)

What ever you say, just don't beat me up....lol

aw, I don't beat people up. Not too often, anyway....
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great post. Being fairly new to the site I was wondering the same thing! Personally, I always accept friend requests. I'm a firm believer that every person I meet contributes to my life.

This. ...and to add to it, people take themselves waaaaaaaay too seriously on MFP. It's a social network. Get over yourselves.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer that every person I meet contributes to my life.

Excellent attitude and perspective; how could anyone not want this person as a friend?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Friends mean something to me. If you're my friend, you're my friend. If you're a name on a list, you're not my friend.

I really couldn't have said it much better.
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have no friends because I am married. :smile:

don't let that stop you from having friends
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have no friends because I am married. :smile:

don't let that stop you from having friends

Rephrase: Any women that are friends.

ok well women friends then :p
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Do you thinks of the people on your list a "real" friends? Or just people with a common goal?

As a rule, I don't friend anyone I know in the real world. I don't think it's possible to form a real friendship with someone you only see in typeface.

The folks I do friend have a common goal or are people who I think may inspire me toward my goal.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    To me it's not a huge deal, even if they aren't posting anything maybe they're reading what I'm writing so maybe I'm still helping someone get motivated. I add almost everyone because I can only focus on me and not others so message or not, not posting their diary isn't an issue for me, because I focus mainly on what I'm doing.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I do not accept everyone if they FR me. I do want to be part of a collection, it's weird Ted Bundyish. I don't like random guys FRing me that I have had no interaction with whatsoever and then immediatly asking me for nude pics. You better make me laugh 1st before you ask for nudes...hahaha.