2 years and 260lbs down!

andreae13
andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this year. Every year we would have the same New Years resolution, to FINALLY lose the weight and become the fit healthy people we have always wanted to be. Yet, like most couples, we would find ourselves not only still overweight but even heavier the following year. January 1, 2011 something changed. We were watching the show Extreme Makeover: Weight loss Edition for the first time and something clicked. We realized we needed to approach losing weight in a whole different direction and actually ask for help. Hiring a personal trainer was something that we always thought was for the rich and never even considered it. Knowing that we had to do something different this time, we decided to take the monetary plunge and give it a try. This decision changed our lives!!! We have been blessed with 2 amazing trainers over the past 2+ years. They have given us the guidance, knowledge and accountability we really needed to be successful. Because of our hard work and dedication, I have lost 140lbs and my husband has lost 120lbs...with a combined total of 260lbs lost in a little over 2 years!!!!! We still have some more to lose but could not be happier with our progress so far. This was the best anniversary present we could have ever given each other, health and the promise of many more years to spend together!

fkya4lgef1.jpg

Replies

• Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Awesome!!! You guys look great:)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    This is so awesome! You guys look great.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    WOW, inspiring!!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    That is great! Both looking good :)
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Congratulations to both of you
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Wow! you look AMAZING!...you don't even look like the same person! I would not recognize you on the street if someone showed me the 'before' pic and asked me to point you out. Great job :) you both have made wonderful life changes! It's always nice to read other's success stories! thanks for sharing :)
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Awesome, how lucky that you have each other and are taking this journey together!!! Congratulations on your success thus far and I am certain you will continue!!! You both look fantastic!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    You both look great! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    You guys look fantastic!!! keep up the amazing work.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Wow! I can't get over how much YOUNGER you look! Awesome job!!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    You all look fantastic! You both are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    That is so beautiful that you are taking this journey together! Awesome job to the both of you!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    AMAZING... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ttgyal08
    ttgyal08 Posts: 3
    Congratulations!!
    You look awesome
  • Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Y'all look great!! Congrats!!
  • sugar66
    sugar66 Posts: 41
    Amazing success story, congrats on your wedding anniversary heres to a healthy and happy future for you both
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    You two are amazing!!! Way to go....both of you are looking really good, and I know you guys are enjoying much better health!

Again CONGRATS!!! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • SexiBayBeezy
    SexiBayBeezy Posts: 14 Member
    Thats beautiful.. Glad u guys were able to do this together.. Congrats!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Wonderful!!! It's soooo much better when you're on a journey together!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!