IUD

Options
2»

Replies

• HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I've had the Mirena, on # 2 now for over 6 years. I love it! Took a while for the spotting to stop, it was pretty constant when it was first put in. I don't have a period at all. I've heard other people say different though, so I guess it depends on the person. Good luck!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I've had my Mirena since September of 2012. I had a period for a month straight. After that, it gets lighter and lighter. I usually just spot occasionally now. It can take up to a year to completely regulate or stop your periods all together. Give it time. So far, I love mine.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second Mirena. With the first, I had a couple of weeks of light spotting then no period for 5 years. With the second, placed just last fall, I had bleeding straight for almost 3 months. I was so frustrated! However, it did stop and I haven't haven't had a period since.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Eating dark leafy greens (kale, spinach, collards) in large quantities days before your period starts can really help reduce or even eliminate cramps, regardless of what kind of birth control you are using.

I am making kale chips today. :-)

You know my sister raves about kale chips-I've never tried making them. You have a recipe you can share?

I'm not going to give up on it...my biggest fear is that the last time I had a period that lasted a month, I got Toxic Shock and was in the ICU for 5 days-hospital for 7 total...it drained my money and all my vacation time...not to mention I almost died twice and had to be put on a vent and tube feeding. It was horrific and I never want to put my husband through that again. I'm afraid that will happen again if this keeps up.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Mirena made me put on 14lbs in three weeks. Had it out after 6 months of continuing to gain even after that and now finally losing again after three months BUT I've had 8 periods since early January. Sigh. Never again.