My First Spinning Class....and Maybe Last!!!

Options
What can I say...2 minutes in I wanted someone to run me over with their bike and end the excruciating pain!!! LOL! Seriously though, what a killer workout! I was surprised that I was able to walk the next day! I look forward to my class again tonight..although..I AM already mentally preparing myself. :cry:

Replies

• msstate25
    msstate25 Posts: 17
    Options
    What can I say...2 minutes in I wanted someone to run me over with their bike and end the excruciating pain!!! LOL! Seriously though, what a killer workout! I was surprised that I was able to walk the next day! I look forward to my class again tonight..although..I AM already mentally preparing myself. :cry:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Spinning is a killer isn't it!!!! I have done almost every form of cardio and spinning makes me actually drip with sweat!!! I started a few weeks ago because I needed to up my cardio. Boy did I up my cardio! I thought my butt would be sore after the first class, but it really wasn't. Not too sore at all. It's just a great class to get your heart rate up (especially standing)! Anyway, have a great day!!!:happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I took a Beginners Spin one time because it is at a time when I am usually at work. It was rough! ::sick: I would like to take a regular class but I haven't built up my bravery yet. Maybe next week!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What can I say...2 minutes in I wanted someone to run me over with their bike and end the excruciating pain!!!

Too funny!!!! It is a KILLER workout and your burn so many calories. It's a hard one though!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    haha, so true.
    My gym just opened a new location and it has virtual spin classes every hour on the hour. My mom and I decided to try it, and after abou 40 minutes everyone had quit, so we quit too. It was ridiculously hard, especially since we'd already done 30 minutes of cardio....
    my butt was so sore, it was miserable.

but i'd do it again in a heartbeat! I want to get better.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ....what's spinning?
  • aladuke26
    aladuke26 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh the pain!! I can barely move. Softball kicked my butt! my ribs hurt from swinging the bat. lol It hurts to laugh, cough, bend over, walk, etc... :ohwell:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    ....what's spinning?

It is a class you take on the stationary bikes but you don't just sit there peddling. You have to stand up and peddle, sit back down and peddle, and there are levels to adjust the resistance on the bike that the instructor has you adjust during the workout. It is BRUTAL.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oooh sounds rough!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh I love spinning classes!!! They are brutal but oh soooooo good!!! I have not taken a class in a while though. I have been exercising at home more lately...no time to get to a gym especially if the class is in the evening...have fun!!!!! You can do it!! Just think about how good you will feel after it is over...:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    It is kind rough the first time. It gets better and addictive.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It is kind rough the first time. It gets better and addictive.

couldn't agree more. . .I love me some spinning.:wink:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Hey there! Stick with it - Spinning is the best cardio!!

I can tell you what helped me get through the classes with less agony - make sure the bike is adjusted properly for you - ask the instructor to help you with the proper seat height / handle bar distance, etc. I had my seat way to low at first and it was killing my knees! Now, I can do 60 minute class and then run 3 miles right after...SPIN for your life!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Mentally preparing yourself? Oh you are soooooooooooooooo addicted already! LOL Anyone who lasts after the first class without "leaving early" is an addict! I use to do spin class at my gym in Cali. It's addicting!!! YOU GO GIRL!