30 Day Shred-- do it?

Options
I see a lot of posts and great success stories about the 30 DS dvd. Is it as great as it seems? I'm willing to do it, if it really works.

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    YES!!!
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, do it! My profile pic shows my results. I'm on Ripped in 30 now. Do 30DS first, though!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. It's a good work out. There isn't nearly as much jumping involved as I was expecting. You'll need a yoga mat and a set of weights. I have 2 two pounds balls that I used. I liked that she switched things up. She's not nearly as scary as I thought form the show.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've never watched TBL or JM at all, so she's supposed to be scary? LOL.

Is there any other special equipment that I would need?
  • MomPreneur08
    Options
    I LOVE 30 DAY SHRED!!!
    I had a bad experience the 1st time around with it.. FYI don't do Level 2 close to a couch.. They do high knees it that one.. I don't know about everyone else, but I apparently tend to move backwards slightly during them and the one time I came down the back of my heal caught the very front bottom of the couch and I ended up rolling my ankle and was down for the count for about 3 months till I fully healed.. I was SOOOOO upset because that was the first time EVER that I was faithfully doing something.. Go figure huh!! But that was a while ago and I typically now do the 30 day shred every day just to add in some extra cardio (in a very open cleared room) LOL
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options

No. Actually, for the first few days, I didn't even use weights. If you're just starting out, 3 pounds is plenty. All you need are weights and a mat/carpeted floor. She's not scary, she's actually a great instructor as far as workout DVDs go.
  • MomPreneur08
    Options

JM is not to scary, hehe
    and no, like someone was saying before just a yoga mat for comfort and a set of hand weights.. I personally add ankle weights now but I worked up to that.. You will love it, don't question, just do it!
    Good Luck!!!!! :)
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I <3 it... I got excellent results... I am 5 days away from completing it!!! In the first 15 days, I lost 4 3/4 inches overall...I'm excited to see how much I've lost in total when I finish!!! It's so worth it...

Just a heads up if you want to save $10... The workout is on youtube for free... I use that. It has the complete 30 Day Shred workout... I didn't use any weights until Level 2 Day 5. I don't have a lot of strength in my arms... I still got results without using weights... Now, I use 1 lb weights... Yea, it's still light, but it's harder for someone who is weak in the arms... Working on it... :smile: My point is that even if you don't use weights, you will still get results..
  • misskate1987
    Options
    It's a great workout.

I just got really bored with it - doing exactly the same thing day in day out drove me mad. But that's just me!
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I started with the 30 Day Shred and have moved on to the 90 day revolution. It will be a good starter for you!
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!! I'm going to check Target to see if they have it. IF not, Amazon Prime!!
  • lealofi03
    lealofi03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey , I was thinking about doing the 30 day shred - probably the only thing I can fit it with Uni and my son.
    For those of you that have completed it, did you do anything else while doing the 30 day shred?
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart for $10. Bought 6 pack abs too. I like to work out in the morning and at night. So I kind of switch off doing 90 day revolution in the morning and then choosing a workout at night. Now that it's getting nice out, I'd like to get outside after work and jog or take a long walk. And don't forget, housework and yardwork burns calories too! :)
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my 30DS... NOW IF IT WOULD ONLY GET HERE!!!! They said it won't be here until the end of the month! :grumble: Oh well. Until then I will continue with my workouts as is :wink:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Do it! Learn to have a love/hate relationship w/Jillian like some of us do :)
    Good luck!
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can also purchase it on iTunes.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I bought it in February last year when I first started to lose weight. I was *very* unfit and couldn't even make it through the first workout. I cried with how pathetic I was that I couldn't even do 20 minutes of exercise without quitting. The DVD went into the cupboard... out of sight, out of mind...

Now, over a year later, I've dusted off that DVD and tried it again today. I still found it hard, but no where near as hard as it was last year! I'm still not as fit as I should be, but I got through the workout and feel proud of the progress I've made.

Also, for those who are waiting for it to arrive, you can find the first level workout on youtube now :wink:
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi 2nd day tomorrow level2. I love it the workout it awesome. I carry my weight in my bum & thighs so level 2 is killing me but good for my problem areas. I was aching 2nd day 3rd day level 1 but now Im good. My energy level has picked up good. Im really happy with the way I feel & I can feel my lower areas tighten. Cant wait to measure myself next week. Give it a real good go & decide for yourself :)
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I did it once last year and started it again yesterday. I got good results the first time around. Not shockingly amazing results though. I suspect that's because I didn't have a whole lot to lose in the first place. I lost about an inch all over :) Once you start to really feel like dying, it's over!!! I say try it!!

I even got my husband to do it with me last night ;) I have the dvd somewhere but we just do it on Youtube since it's right there.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around. Stopped after level two to do something else the first time I used it. Started level three yesterday. It is kicking butt. The real Jillian came out. Ha!! It will take a bit to get through this level
    I do use a mini tramp as I do it early in the morning Andy exercise area is over a bedroom. I also don't like jumping on hardwood floors