Replies

• sarahgip
    sarahgip Posts: 30
    Options
    im a stay at home mom of 2 girls....add if you'd like
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to my 3 1/2 year old daughter. Would love to hear how other SAHMs make it work!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM. I have two little girls ages 4 and 2. :)
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I stay at home all day with my brother (4) and sister (10 months) if that counts.

O_O

Did you willingly sign up for that gig?
  • yurely
    yurely Posts: 2
    Options
    im a stay AT HOME MOM WITH A 7MONTH OLD BABY.
  • norakcarolan
    norakcarolan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I became a SAHM for the first time about 9 months ago... at first it was hard because I used to have a very physical job, and I wasn't used to having the option of sitting down whenever I wanted, and being able to snack all day! I wanted to eat everything in sight! But now I think it's great... you have total freedom to make the right food choices, because you have access to your kitchen all day! The key is to learn to make those healthy choices, which is a process, for sure...I'm still learning what works for me but I'm in better shape than I've ever been now. I eat super healthy with some treats thrown in here and there, and my "fun escape" is to go to the gym every day (lame, I know... lol) with my 2 y-o. I'm lucky that they have a great day care there. Anyone feel free to add me for support or ideas! Good luck, mamas!
  • andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    nice to see all you supermoms here!:)) wear your capes proudly!
  • zianazim1025
    zianazim1025 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i am a stay at home mommy, i have a 7 month old! anyone feel free to add me ! log in daily and i belive my diary should be open. i just started my weight loss
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mum here also, about to finish my studies
  • linar98
    linar98 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of a 20 month old. I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy and then some more while breastfeeding. I have been watching what I eat and started to work out about 4 months ago. I'm feeling great and on the way to attaining my goal weight of 140, I'm at 160 right now so I have a long way to go.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Me me me! :glasses:
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! SAHM to a 3 year old (almost 4) boy and a 4 1/2 month old girl. I joined MFP to lose some weight prior to getting pregnant with my daughter and now needing to lose the pregnancy weight I gained from my son (kinda have it backwards, don't I?!?)

Anyway, anyone may add me if you'd like. I've got an open diary and am finishing my 3rd week of Insanity. Good luck all!

ShandiH
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    SAHM to three boys, 3.5, 2.25, and .75. I actually gained most of my weight though between meeting my husband and getting pregnant. I'm just now at pre pregnancy weight but I have forty pounds to lose. Child care at the gym is helping me maintain my sanity.
  • messpark36
    Options
    That would be me too. I'm a military wife, sahm of two girls, Lily 7, and Karly Ann, 1....i have held on to my pregnancy weight far too long and need too loose at least 30 lbs. Walking and the recumbent bike are all I'm able to do until Karly Ann is older. I love food too! So it has been hard to say the least....anyone on here, feel free to add me too! :)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM of two. My son is 14 and will be heading to high school this fall :/ and my daughter is 9. I am homeschooling my girl this year and will most likely do next year as well. I'd love to have more SAHM on my feed. Anyone can add me. :) I love to motivate and inspire but I'm definitely always looking for support myself.
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to a 6yr old girl, 5yr old boy, 3 yr old boy and 10 month old girl.

I lost 60lbs with MFP after baby #3 and now am back at it to lose this baby weight once again! feel free to add me
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm SAHM for two. An almost 3 year old an a 4 month old. Feel free to add me :)
  • heathersherrell1
    Options
    Hello, I am a stay at home mom. I am having a hard time losing weight. I havea 18 month old, if he is awake and i want to work out i can not.. he will run between my legs and try to hold on to my legs while i work out. so i wait till he napps then i work out. anyone have any tips for bumping up my fat burnig weightloss? thanks

For boosting fat-burning weight loss, I would do strength (weight) training--you can do this at home--3 to 4 days a week, and lots of cardio. You want to make sure you're building muscle, which will help you burn more fat, even when you're sedentary. Lots of protein, low fat/carbs in your diet. As for what to do about your sweet baby... my youngest is 1, and she *loves* her Jenny Jump Up. Absolutely loves it. If you don't have one (or he hates it), some other form of confinement would work. I know people who have purchased those indoor plastic pens (usually used for pets? NOT a crate, a large enclosure. lol ), so their kids can have space to move around and play, but still be in a safe environment while they do things around the house. They're not that expensive, I don't think. Otherwise, keep doing your workout while he's napping, or down for the night. My husband works nights, so on the days I can't make it to the gym, that option works for me. The kids go to bed, he goes to work, and I pop in a DVD.

As for the topic, I've been a stay at home mom for 7 years. My oldest is 7 and in school, but my other two are 5 (December baby, so still at home) and 12 months. All girls. I love it. They keep me on my toes. I go to a great gym that has excellent child care, so I am able to workout regularly. I have about 40-45 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I want to do it in as healthy a way as possible and set a good example for my kids. MFP has been so helpful in keeping track of my food and exercise! I love it! I've been on here for about a week. It's awesome.
  • kim_stin
    kim_stin Posts: 2
    Options
    I like many women on here am a stay at home mom struggling to lose baby weight that I am still carrying after 17 months of having our beautiful daughter!! I like to call it post baby weight but to be truthful, I'm home all day with her and find myself standing with the fridge door open wondering what I can eat next!! ughhhh ;). I discovered Myfitnesspal a while ago but decided to go hard core with it and I have been tracking and visiting EVERY day for te last week and boy do I feel good. I joined to make a better me and also because we just found out my husband has type 2 diabetes which we need to get a grip on before it spirals out of control. Right now it's at a manageable state with medication (pills) so we are doing this together and of course aso for our little precious cargo :). With the help of MFP and our new gym membership, that I'm proud to say we've been very regiment with the last 15 days and this website, I'm hoping to accomplish my goals sooner rather than later (at a healthy pace for course). Its nice to know we are not on this journey alone!!It's truly a lifestyle change and I'm here and ready for! All the best to everyone who reads my post. WE can do this!! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated!!! GOODLUCK :)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I am 36 and a SAHM of three kiddos, ages 7, 4, and just turned 1 ! I love to add supportive mommy friends! Feel free to add me please! :)