Replies

• akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump for later
  • quitalaw
    quitalaw Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing graphic design at university and my current project is titled "A journey of 1cm" so naturally I'm doing weight loss. I need to gather some first hand research so I've put together a questionnaire I would like as many people to answer as possible.

All questions are optional but please try to answer as many as possible. If you do not want to give an answer, or a question is irrelevant, please put N/A as the answer instead of leaving the question blank.

Note: Some questions are quite personal, however all questionnaires will be kept anonymous. If you do not want other people to see your answers feel free to message them to me instead of replying on here.

• Starting weight: 342
    • Current weight: (not sure)
    • Goal weight: 272

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which) I want to lose weight to get healthy and look great!

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) Definately begun at childhood, my grandparents raised me for a while and pretty much gave me whatever I wanted. I wouldn't say I've been unhappy about my weight but I haven't neccessarily been happy either. I pretty much felt as though I was just as beautiful as a not so overweight person.

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? I guess I could be classified as having a disorder considering I am obesed

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) No

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) I don't feel pressured but I do think that the media is good motivation.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? Antione "Toya" Wright

• Why do you want to look that way? So my wardrobe can be as big as hers :wink:

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) I am drinking Only Water, giving exercise some of my time, & Cutting out the Junk Food!

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? Thighs, Arms, and a lil bottom gut

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) Definately motivated more than I ever been, hence me responded to this questionnaire

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) Not yet, Only Me & God

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) Check back with me, my journey is only beginning :happy:

• What motivates you? Me, Getting healthy, & fashion hehe...:laugh:

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) I haven't reached that point yet but I'm sure that I am going to keep giving it my all!

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) Right now Im motivated, I really want to challenge myself to do this

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? Proud!

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? Be "The Little Engine that Could"

• What is your biggest worry? Not having enough patience with my body.

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? Transforming my mind will make all the difference.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? "I Think I Can, I Think I Can, O Yes I Can!" :happy:
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: highest weight 154 lbs
    • Current weight: 130 lbs
    • Goal weight: 125 lbs, maybe less

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which) - Vanity. I want to look young, and I'm getting older. Being thin is a great way to look youthful.
    I also have many health goals, such as running long distances and strength training and improved flexibility.

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) - Always just a little chubby, just into the overweight BMI category. No sense of portion control.

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? No

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) NO

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate)
    Yes. Constant images of slender bodies. I am short and wish I was tall with longer legs- why? Obvious media influence on that one.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? My ideal body is a strong body with muscle definition.

• Why do you want to look that way? I think muscle definition looks fantastic.

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) I am running, not eating in the evening, and I try to eat as healthy as possible. My eating habits are a lifestyle- it is not hard for me anymore. I just have to watch portion control.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? not really as I have a good shape. I would like to have a tighter bum and I will have to start strength training for that.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) I feel fantastic, I weigh less now than I ever thought possible, I weigh less than my goal weight, which was always 60 kg (132 lbs). Now I know I really can maintain a lower body weight.

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) yes my mother and sister are very health oriented

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) no because I don't diet I just eat healthy

• What motivates you? being healthy and living a long life

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) If I overeat I feel physically gross the next day

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) At this point it feels really close but I have different health goals that will take a long time to accomplish, such as strength training.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? I think I will always have new health goals but once I reach my goal weight I will feel proud of my success. I already do

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? N/A

• What is your biggest worry? that I may have to take medication that will make me gain weight

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? you must be an advocate for your own health

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? N/A
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 232
    • Current weight: 193
    • Goal weight: 160

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which) To look better, be healthier

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) I was a thin teen, had my child young-never got rid of baby weight and just continued to gain

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? I binge eat

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) nothing that was ever defined

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) It is very hard to look at any type of media and not feel bad about yourself. No matter what you look at the people are skinny and beautiful.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? Can't say that I really have one

• Why do you want to look that way? n/a

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) I am counting calories, being more aware of what I am eating and taking a supplement called ACE

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? Waist and legs - I need to whittle the waist down and tone my leggs

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) kind o so-so, even though I have lost about 37lbs, I don't see that when I look in the mirro

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) The people on MFP are my support

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) Not really

• What motivates you? we are taking a trip this fall and I don't want to go to the beach looking like a whale

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) I am upset with myself for not having more control

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) Not sure it is obtainable

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? I can't answer that, I don't know what the future holds

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? Look at the reasons I am not happy with what I thought I wanted

• What is your biggest worry? That I won't make it to my goal, yet again

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? You can eat whatever you want but you have to use moderation and you have to get up off the couch

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? Can't say that I have one.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options

• Starting weight: 156.4
    • Current weight: 142
    • Goal weight: 110

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight? to be healthier. to feel better.

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?)

I used to be the really skinny girl in primary/elementary school, so i was happy then, but then i got ill, and i started focusing more on my weight.
    • Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? I would.

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) ^^^

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) Yes, i do. I'm a teen female, media and society make it seem like the ONLY way to look is 5'7", 120 lbs, and size 0.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? Jennifer Love Hewitt

• Why do you want to look that way? She's absolutely gorgeous.

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) Deficit and exercise.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? thighs, butt, stomach.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) I'm doing well so far. I just hope i don't mess it up

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) Yes, online.

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) no, it's not too noticeable.

• What motivates you? being happy and healthy, it's only 35 pounds away,

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) depressed, but i treat it as a way to change more.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) It feels impossible. I feel like i'll always be that chubby, overweight girl.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? Disbelieving.

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? If i don't, i'll figure out why i don't. Then change what i'm not happy about.

• What is your biggest worry? that i'll gain all the weight back.

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? Patience is key.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? "patience is a virtue"
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 185
    • Current weight: 160
    • Goal weight: 150

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which)
    unhappy with my body. i want a flat stomach

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) i didn't have to worry about weight or watching what i ate in high school when i played sports year round. when i went to college i stopped working out and ate more and gained. i made a half-hearted attempt at weight loss for three years and then finally go in gear

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder?
    no

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered)
    no

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate)
    yes. everything is photoshopped. we're searching for bodies that are literally unattainable. and no matter what, in the media's eyes, it's always better to be too skinny than too fat.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration?
    don't really think i have one

• Why do you want to look that way?
    n/a

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…)
    eating at a calorie deficit and working out about 6 days/week

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over?
    midsection is the worst.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated)
    i feel a lot better about myself now. i'm trying to lose 10 more pounds and some days i feel really depressed that i can't seem to shake them. i've been stalled at weight loss since november.

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online)
    yes, friends on here and my husband

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public)
    i don't think so, besides family members telling me that i'm really skinny

• What motivates you?
    fitness goals like running and cycling, and a flat stomach.

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset)
    usually i feel pretty depressed for awhile and then get back to it.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible)
    i just want to get there. i'm so close and i just want to reach it.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal?
    probably still unhappy with my body.

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next?
    if i don't and am actually happy with myself that'd be great. i hope to possibly do a bulk/cut cycle at some point to try to get my BF% feel.

• What is your biggest worry?
    developing an ED

• What have you learnt on your journey so far?
    don't buy in to the fad diets. nothing replaces hard work.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote?
    nothing tastes as good as HAPPY feels
  • misskate1987
    Options

• Starting weight: 131.7kg (290lb)
    • Current weight: 112.3kg (247lb)
    • Goal weight: 70kg (154lb)

To be healthy. To wear the clothes I want to wear. To gain confidence. To help deal with my depression and anxiety.

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?)
    I was probably always the higher end of the normal range - then my mum went back to work full time and the weight started piling on. Not sure if I started eating more or if the quality of food went down (more takeaway etc) or if it was a combination of both. I also ate to deal with feelings of depression and anxiety and lonliness etc.

I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder.

Of course - how can I not? We're always told what is beautiful (skinny) and what is not (fat). Add to the fact that I've never been comfortable in my own skin and the fact that I'm a people pleaser - of course I'm going to feel pressure to look/be a certain way.

I don't have one - I'm focussing on being the best I can be (although I do think Jennifer Lawrence looks pretty great)

Because she's slim but not stick thin - she looks athletic and most importantly, she seems to have an incredibly healthy mindset about the whole thing.

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…)
    I count calories and work on a calories in/calories out basis - I try to work out 5-6 times a week.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over?
    I carry the majority of weight in my stomach - especially my lower stomach, I have that delightful overhang. I hate it. The weight that I have lost so far seems to have come from everywhere else BUT my gut.

It changes day to day - some days (like today) I feel super motivated. Other days I look at how long it has taken me to lose the weight that I have lost and I feel so negative and unmotivated. And then there are other days where I adopt a cest la vie attitude and just keep on doing.

I have great support online in various forums, not so much in real life - mainly because in real life people don't know about my B.E.D or the extent of my anxiety and depression.

No.

• What motivates you?

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset)
    When I fall off the wagon I fall off hard - it can take days/weeks to get back on. Usually I feel defeated and upset. I want to give up.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible)
    Terrified. For one, I worry about how long it's going to take to get there. Plus, I've pretty much always been overweight, I worry that I won't know who I am when I reach my goal weight because so much of me is wrapped up in my weight.

See above.

I have no idea.

That either I won't lose the weight, or that when I do nothing will really change.

That I don't have to cut anything out completely - that moderation is far more important than deprivation.

N/A
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 260lbs
    • Current weight: 207lbs
    • Goal weight: 135lbs

I want to lose weight so I can be healthy again.

The answer to this is in my blog. It's my first blog post.

No

No

Nope.

My old self. Pictures in blog.

Because I was healthy and felt good about myself. I loved the way I looked.

This is also in my blog. 2nd and 3rd posts.

Trying to change all over.

Great.

My husband.

Nope.

• What motivates you?

Pictures of how I used to look. My son, because I want him to grow up knowing how to eat healthy.

motivated to do better

It's still pretty far off, but I'm sure I can get there.

Excited.

I don't know. I'll evaluate this if and when the time comes.

That you shouldn't let people tell you what you can and can't achieve.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: Too much!
    • Current weight: 7 lbs less than too much
    • Goal weight: 140 (I have about 100 lbs to lose, and I cannot bring myself to type my starting weight)

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? I lost 2 grand parents in the span of 6 months, and I sorely miss them. As odd as it may sound, I've had dreams where they've visited me, and I know I'm wasting my life being the size I am. If I haven't loved myself enough to start this journey in the past, I love my grandparents enough to embark on it FOR them. I want to live life for the four people that can't anymore. I'm committed to making a forever change for them.

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) I was always a chunky little girl, not FAT, just had some meat to my bones. My sister was a stick at that age, (about 5; we're 14 months apart) and constantly called me fat because she knew it upset me. As a family, our eating habits were not the best, considering my parents were teenagers when my sister and I came along. As you can imagine, my family was not very well off financially, which meant a lot of processed, quick food because it was cheap.

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? Yes. I'm an emotional eater, which includes binging.

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) Yes, but not yet recovered. I'm on the continuum of recovering. I am definitely a work in progress.

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) Of course! I'm a child of the '90's. There is a movie I distinctly remember (one of those teen movies; not sure which) where a pudgy girl is ridiculed for being the size she is. I think she's at some kind of party, and the boys wanted nothing to do with her, so she went chasing a twinkie, and went to great lengths to get it. I know it's supposed to be "funny," but it always made me sad.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? Mila Kunis is gorgeous. So is Zooey Deschanel. Shawn Johnson is amazingly fit. If I could somehow combine all three ladies, you'd have my inspiration.

• Why do you want to look that way? It beats looking the way I look now! Mostly, I want Shawn Johnson's athletic ability so I can have plenty of amazing adventures that my body currently prohibits. I want to run for miles (not feet!), rock climb, do a chin up, dance gracefully.... I want no limitations whatsoever. I'm tired of being stuck in my "fat" prison.

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) First, I started small. I joined MFP in January to see if this is a sustainable habit, and it totally is. I've been dabbling in cardio and strength training at least 4 times a week, but lately I want to have tangible goals. I started out doing c25k, but I've injured my foot, so I'm going to give that a rest until I'm well again, and with less weight impacting my joints. So, in the meantime I'm doing the 6 week kettlebell workx program with Ryan Shanahan, and then I'll do 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels (all while weight lifting in between). Dietwise, I do 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein, and try to eat clean. I'm not ultra rigid with my choices, like cutting out specific foods all together, but definitely less crap.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? All over. Right now, everything is a problem.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) I'm irritated that I've let myself get to this point, but you know what? I can't dwell on that. I'm in this for the long haul, and my progress is on a continuum. I have no deadline, per se. I'm just plugging away, and reveling in the physical progress I can see / experience (Like not getting winded when I used to, or doing a perfect plank for an extended amount of time.)

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) My husband is a bit supportive, but he hasn't immersed himself in this lifestyle like I have. Mostly, I draw support from my friends list on MFP because they live and breathe this change like I do, and really understand where I'm coming from.

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) Not yet, because I'm keeping my nose to the grindstone, so to speak. Maybe they do, and I haven't noticed it yet?

• What motivates you? I'm looking forward to LIVING, not just being.

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) If I fall off the wagon, it's not a "failure." It just means that I'll need to work out more the next day, or eat less, or both. It's all a continnum, like I said.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) It's so far away, I'm not even thinking that far ahead. One goal at a time, and that's the mindset that keeps me going.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? Again, I'm not sure. I'm not thinking that far ahead, because it's at least a year in the future. I can't wait to go trapezing, silks class, ice skating, hiking up mountains, kayaking, blah blah blah that I have in mind. That's what I'm looking most forward to, and I bet I'll cry when I do all of it for the first time. It's all for the grandparents!

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? I don't consider this question to be pertinent to me, because I know I'll feel pride in myself, and I know I'll be happily living an active life with my grandparents memory in mind.

• What is your biggest worry? Honestly, I worry that my fitness interest / level will surpass my husband's, and I won't have a partner to have adventures with. I want to share it with him ideally.

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? My will is stronger than I thought initially, and I am more dedicated than ever, which amazes me. Usually, I'm a very all or nothing type person... in this case, I can see variables, and I'm flexible in adjusting for them. I love that about myself.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? If we don't take action now, we'll settle for nothing later.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 227
    • Current weight: 188
    • Goal weight: 135-150 unsure. I want to be a healthy body fat %

I am losing weight because I don't like the way I look or feel.

I was chubby as a toddler and I have broad shoulders, wide set hips so I am generally bigger looking than other girls even at a low weight. In grade school (age 8-9) I learned I was "fat" from the boys in my class and my parents made some remarks about how much I ate at meals. I am not sure in hindsight if I was over sensitive to comments abut eating. My 9th birthday my family took me out to a hibachi restaurant and as it was my birthday I was encouraged to order whatever I wanted. I ate my dinner until I was stuffed and then ate the cupcake presented to me with the birthday song. I felt too full... I excused myself to the restroom as I was sweaty and felt just bad. I splashed my face with water and went to a stall to sit down and undo my tights to relieve the pressure on my stomach. I went to burp and it tasted a bit like vomit...this gave me an idea. I stood, flipped the seat up and with hardly any effort I tossed my cupcake and hibachi and felt so much better. Looking back, I wasn't even fat at age 8 or 9. Kids can be so cruel. I had started throwing up ..never forcing it or putting anything down my throat, mind you, but just eating a little too much or too fast or something that just didn't agree with me. I was proud of my new weightloss discovery but never told anyone what I was doing. I looked great. My father even said to my mother he was glad I lost the baby weight as he was going to have t talk to me about how heavy I was getting.They seemed pretty proud, I got new clothes too! In addition to the barfing I tried to stay active and exercised almost every day , bike rides, swimming etc I hadn't never been an inactive kid to begin with. This was how I existed through to elementary school. I started dieting at 11 Nutri points was first , then some weird eat 3 slices of dense bread instead of your meals diet my mother's friend lost weight on, slimfast started when I was 13 and then I joined my first gym. So crash diets, impressive binges, regular barfing and some cardio is how I continued through to my 20's. I had learned about eating disorders but as I wasn't bony I knew I didn't have anorexia and because I would never gag myself to vomit I knew I didn't have bulimia. By high school I had worked out all the foods that would make me ill and so I would eat those pretty often and if my weight started to creep up I would take up some new fad diet and be back to my fighting weight in no time 115-135. In my late 20s getting back to 125 had become impossible I started needing antacids at least 2x a week. My new low weight was 140 I was okay with 140 and would buy clothes for that size. Age 30 150 was my floor I couldn't get below it no matter how hard I tried. Age 31 I started needing antacids 1-4 times a day and stopped eating things that would make me ill because it started to really hurt to be sick I started getting a new birth control shot and would get the craziest cravings. Age 32 diagnosed with Gerd or Acid Reflux and prescribed a daily medication my floor weight was 170. I quit smoking to alleviate some of the reflux symptoms and finally ended up weighing 200-220. For a while I was mad that my new medication made it nearly impossible to fall back on my barfing habit because I really hated that I was fat. I joined a gym and started kickboxing 3 days a week. I was only able to get down to 190 with tons of work! I had even taken up trying to run and done a juice fast but nothing was budging. Age 36 I did some soul searching. I questioned some beliefs, revisited my weight issues realized what I had put my body through and that it might not be able to bounce back. I stopped the birth control injections because the cravings were too much and for a while I just waited and listened to my body. I tried to feel full and hungry again, I had lost the ability to process these feelings and I started my road to recovery.

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? I am okay for now, but I have to be careful.

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) I am recovering. I have urges to take drastic shortcuts in my weight loss but I am trying to see the disorder as what it is.

I don't know. Sometimes I will be watching a show and see a woman who looks really fit and or has great hair or perfectly applied make up or a sunkissed tan and think to myself if I would just put in the effort I could achieve that.

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? I have had my ideal body. Age 21-26 I had no idea at the time but I looked great. Love the photos from that time period. I wish I loved that time period and my body more when I was in it.

• Why do you want to look that way? I want to look that way because it is esthetically pleasing. I want my husband to introduce me with pride. I want people to treat me nicely as the did when I was thinner. I want to stop being invisible. I want to stop making a first impression of sloppy and lazy.

I am planning ahead my meals each day and packing a breakfast and lunch for work. I am using MFP as a calorie counter and outlet for weight rants and food talk. I found a group here doing In Place of A Roadmap and they focus on the math of calorie counting and fitness taking into account your BMR, TDEE and other factors to get a truly personalized guide to what it takes for you to lose weight. This appeals to me because I don't want a severely restricted calorie amount, I can't sustain that and I want to increase my physical fitness which requires..eating and exercise at reasonable levels. My best friend and I are keeping journals and every day we get a star for each of the following 1)not going over on calories 2) drinking 8 or more glasses of water 3) completing our exercises 4) not drinking alcohol. 50 stars collected wins a prize of a day without restrictions, but we still have to log the foods we eat on this earned "cheat day". Also we set up some rules and demerits to keep us on track. For instance I have no control when it comes to potato chips or corn chips or whatever pringles are. I am not sure whan I will reintroduce this :food" into my diet but for now eating chips is a demerit. 3 demerits within a 30 day period wipes out all accumulated stars.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? I am happy with my loss in all areas. I am sure there will be a time when everything is looking better except my stomach which seems to be a big stumbling for women losing 50lbs or more. I want to think I am prepared but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) I feel very good about my progress to date.

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) Absolutely! I couldn't do this without my best friend! My husband has seen a few too many of my health kicks/diets to get fully on board but he is coming around and I have found amazing support and friendships on MFP.

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) No. I keep to myself mostly and I am not telling people outside my very closest that I am watching my calories or exercising.

• What motivates you?
    Pride, Love, Happiness.

In the past I have been thrown completely off by a bad day or even a slice of pie. I can't diet anymore. I have made a change for the rest of my life. I can't avoid Thanksgiving and pie feasibly until I die so I have made room for splurges and failures and I have a new friend on MFP who actually created a spreadsheet that allows you t see you calories and exercise laid out for the month and it has helped me t see that the peaks and valleys tend to even out as long as I keep my eye on long term goals. This has made it easier to not panic or throw in the towel if one day adds up too high.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) I feel like I have already met my goal. I want to shed some more weight but I know that with a positive mindset and dedication I will get there without a doubt. It seems far away at times (like when trying on swimsuits) but other times it seems very near. It feels entirely possible and that matters most.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? The same only lighter. I will have to continue exercising regularly and eating with nutrition in mind as well as preplanning to avoid pitfalls for life.

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? If getting into healthy body fat % range does not make me feel more attractive and healthy then I will have to take personal stock of what is most important to me and work towards attaining that.

• What is your biggest worry? That I will find and take a quick easy route to weight loss and or start to obsess over weight and ruin all the healthy groundwork I have laid.

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? That I can live without potato chips and that going out to dinner is fun and easy while counting calories if you plan ahead and just relax.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."
  • sandie2sweet
    sandie2sweet Posts: 12 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 204
    • Current weight: 155
    • Goal weight: 140

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which) my grandkids

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?) yes as I got older, no as a middle aged gal,no to the trigger,

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? maybe sometimes

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) no

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) no

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? none really

• Why do you want to look that way? just for me

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) 5 days a week workouts and low carbs

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? upper arms and thighs

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) positive

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) yes,both

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) some not all

• What motivates you? life

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) upset

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) close,so close!

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? motivated to keep it up

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? kieep going

• What is your biggest worry? I am at a stall..hit the big brick wall....and I need another 15lbs gone before 5.29

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? it's a life changing event....

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? not sure yet...
  • adryanemh
    adryanemh Posts: 2 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 224
    • Current weight: 200
    • Goal weight: 170

To feel healthier, have more stamina, and look better to myself.

I used to always be the thin one, until I got comfortable in a long term relationship. We didn't eat healthy and I became much less active.

No.

No.

I feel a little pressure, especially because when I weighed less, people used to ask if I was a model. It was very flattering.

I have a picture of when I was 20, which is my inspiration. So, I'd say I have my ideal body. =)

Because I felt so much healthier and attractive at that time.

I am watching calories, fat, sugars and such as well as getting off my butt more often. Hiking most weekends and walking more.

I would love to have slimmer thighs and firmer arms.

I feel awesome about it! I have never lasted this long on a weight loss plan and haven't had this much success since giving up soda and fast food about 5 years ago.

I have many people supporting me. My two sisters and my mom, a brother in law, and a couple of friends are on here as well as people I've added online. My sisters and mom are the ones I go hiking and walking with each week.

Not much, other than some people who have been looking to lose weight are asking me how I've done it.

• What motivates you?
    Each time I walk or lose weight, I feel better about myself. Also, my husband is proud of me and encourages me.

A couple of times when I went over my calories, I was a little disappointed, but I made sure to make up for it the next day.

I'm excited to be getting closer each week. I'm about a third of the way there, so I'm hoping to reach it at least by the end of the year, or my anniversary in September. That would be great!

I will be ecstatic! I thik I'll go have a spa day.

I'm sure I will, bit if not, I'll find another goal.

Gaining weight during the summer if I don't have a job to get me out of the house.

• What have you learned on your journey so far?
    It takes focus, determination, and willpower to keep going. Also, you don't have to "give up" certain foods, just moderate.

"I focus on the destination so much that I miss the journey there and back." Poets of the Fall
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 167.9lbs
    • Current weight: 147lbs
    • Goal weight: 125-ish lbs

1.I want to have a healthier lifestyle... If I do grow old, I want to be able to get along by myself. I mean, I know I'd eventually need help, but I want to stay as lucid and independent for as long as I can.
    2.To look better, by being toned and fit. I'm not aiming for skinny, just healthy and fit looking.

Yes, I've been heavy since I was a kid, and it always troubled me. During my teen years I couldn't find nice clothes to go to parties, so I sometimes didn't go.
    Unnatural eating habits: poor food decisions counts? It's a family thing... we tend to eat more carbs and protein than vegetables, and we love eating out. But when I started the university I had more freedom to go out, so I put on a lot more weight during those years.

No

No

Yes, in a way... I mean, I know i'm not going to look like most actresses on tv (nor do I want to), but when I see a heavier actress I think, "oh, she looks kind of chubby"

I'm not looking forward to have someone's body; I want my own to be healthy and fit.

Clothes fit better, more clothing options. Also, I feel better about myself

I'm eating healthier, and by that I mean:
    First of all, I just have to say I'm not dieting... just making different (better) food choices
    1.I'm trying to eat more vegetables and protein, and less carbs and fat (but by no means I'm depriving myself of them)
    2. I'm counting calories, and staying within my macros as often as possible
    3. I haven't stopped eating out, I still get a hamburger, pizza or whatever, as long as it fits in my macros... and if it doesn't, I work out to get extra calories, and if that doesn't work either, MEH, I had a bloody hamburger and so what? I'm making changes I can live with, not some idiotic diet I won't follow the rest of my life.
    4. Exercise at least 5 times a week. I do cardio (elliptical and running) in sessions of about 30-60 minutes, and circuit training, with Shred in 30 and Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels. Her DVD's specially help in losing inches, toning and gaining strength. The cardio is for resistance.
    5. I take lecitine or drink red tea (puerh) every once in a while... once a week or every two weeks.
    6. I drink at least 4 cups of water every day... It's hard for me to drink more than 6, but sometimes I make it.

I'm trying to change all over, but my problem areas are my stomach and my outer thighs (which is gonna be kind of tough, cause all the women in the family have big thighs). I'd also like to get a decent butt :p

I'm feeling very excited about it. I can see the changes; I know it's not a one day transformation, but I'm enjoying every step of the way so far. Some days I don't feel like working out, but it doesn't happen very often. Also, compliments from people keep me motivated, and I get them once a week, at least... so, I am pretty happy about it. My clothes don't fit anymore, they're too loose and that makes me happy too. Some other clothes I had bought in smaller sizes (for when I'd be able to fit into them) now actually fit! and I love wearing them and showing around :)

Yes, my family and some friends. I have a special friend at work, she's my weight-loss buddy, and we're both on MFP, although she hasn't had time to log in :( but everyone's been very supportive, and they tell me to go exercise when I don't feel like it :p

How people treat me... maybe I've gotten a bit more of attention from guys, but it could also be that I feel more confident about myself.
    How people see me... as in they've noticed the difference, or as in they perceive me as a different kind of person? Because they've noticed the difference, and they think I look happier, "fresher" and better overall. I don't think they think I'm a different kind of person.

• What motivates you?
    The measuring tape, weight scale, loose clothes, small clothes fitting, compliments, being able to run for over 15 min at 9km/h without stopping :D

I don't get the feeling of falling off the wagon with food. I know I won't eat perfectly (that means healthy, as in lots of veggies, some protein and carbs, and a workout) every day, but I don't feel bad for treating myself to the food I like. When I get lazy and don't work out, even if i'm eating properly, that's when I feel bad, lazy and not like myself. Because I'm a goal-oriented person, so if I don't reach my goals I get frustrated and angry, but because I am the one that's not making it happen and I should. I suck my laziness up and get moving.

I haven't felt like giving up.

I'm getting there step by step, and it's fulfilling to see a 1lb difference every week, or half a centimeter on X body part. Right now I'm halfway from my goal, and it doesn't seem impossible... I just have to continue being constant.

Very accomplished, proud of myself, more secure, hot, sexier, proud of myself. :p

What do you mean if I don't feel that way? Like, if I don't like what I see when I reach my goal? a little frustrated maybe... but it think it's very unlikely that'll happen.

The fat in my thighs is not going to go away -_-

Constance and discipline are key. I can continue enjoying the foods I like, as I know how to handle them. I've also learned to appreciate exercise and crave it. (I used to hate working out in school... I hated sports and PE class -_-)

It's one of my own... and it's about doing things instead of regretting not doing them, like, going running or doing a video of Jillian even if I knew it'd hurt the next day; instead of not working out at all. When I said it, I was also talking about making a move and getting what I wanted, guy-wise, lol. "Better sore than sorry".
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Starting weight: 217
    Current weight: between 205-207
    Goal weight: 130-135

What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which)
    I want to lose weight to feel better about myself, fit in skinny clothes again, to look fantastic on my wedding day, and just to be healthier in general. I want to live a long life and once I have kids I want them to look up to me and I want to be able to run around and be the best mom possible. I know I can't do that unless I'm healthy.

Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?)
    From about age 5, I was chubby. As I got older, I did grow into my weight and was only about 15-20lbs overweight. I've ALWAYS been self-conscious about my weight. I had a pretty bad/hard childhood where I was around lots of things I shouldn't have been around, unstable living situations, and I was forced to take care of myself early on so that may have attributed to many of my problems but I can't say for sure.

Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder?
    Not really. When I eat unhealthy, I do tend to eat more then I should but I don't think it qualifies as binging. Its never been that extreme.

Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered)
    No. I did have one time at age 13-14 where I attempted to starve myself but it only lasted 2-3 days so it was more of a fast, I guess.

Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate)
    At one point, I did. I thought guys would only like you if you looked like a barbie but as I got older, I learned about all the different surgeries, treatments, and photoshop that makes celebrities appear to be perfect and I realized it was impossible. Once I grew into my weight more & started taking time to do my hair, makeup, etc. the compliments came pouring in and I gained a fair amount of confidence. I no longer feel pressure from the media to look super tan, skinny, and flawless but I do believe they put pressure on people that if you don't look a certain way then you aren't beautiful.

Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration?
    I haven't put much thought into this but right off the top of my head probably someone like Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears. Not too slim, not fat either.

Why do you want to look that way?
    I prefer some meat on my bones. I don't think I'd look good too skinny nor would I be happy that way. As far as genetics go, all the women in my family are curvy naturally and I find that to be ideal.

What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…)
    Currently I'm eating primal which basically means to eat like people from the paleolithic time period but I also allow myself to have dairy. I don't eat grains, anything with gluten, sugar other then natural occuring sugars, or anything processed/artificial. I do allow a cheat every once & a while but I try to keep them somewhat healthy and I don't go overboard. I'm currently doing a program called Insanity which consists of very intense circuit training using nothing more then your body. Other then that, I do lots of yardwork/gardening, walking my dog, and bicycling.

Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over?
    I'm trying to change all over but most of my weight is concentrated in my stomach/hip/thigh area.

How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated)
    I'm highly motivated and feel very positive about my success thus far and look forward to future losses.

Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online)
    I have wonderful people on Myfitnesspal as well as my fiance whom is also doing the same workout/dietary plan as me.

Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public)
    I think so. When I explain primal eating, I don't feel like I get taken seriously and they treat me like I'm crazy but it doesn't bother me.

What motivates you?
    Old pictures of myself, refusing to get married fat, getting back into a bikini, looking good for my fiance, and just wanting to not feel like crap all the time.

If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset)
    I've had a few cheats but I don't consider that as falling off the wagon. I did try losing weight a few years ago and I slowly drifted back into my old lifestyle. I didn't notice it until I was a full-blown junkaholic again and at that point, I was disappointed in myself but wasn't motivated enough to make better choices until way later.

How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible)
    At times it feels impossible and like it will take forever but then when I do the math, I realize it shouldn't be THAT far away. I try to remind myself there are people who've lost 2-3x as much as me so I have it pretty easy.

How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal?
    Words cannot describe the happiness I will feel. I expect to be even more energetic, confident, etc.

What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next?
    There is no doubt in my mind that I will feel much better then what I do now.

What is your biggest worry?
    Failure. I'm motivated to no end but the thought still lingers in my mind & scares me. I'm also terrified that I won't have a really nice butt. =)

What have you learnt on your journey so far?
    That I have way more self-control and willpower then I ever thought possible. That's probably the biggest thing.

What is your favourite (relevant) quote?
    If you're not fainting, puking, or dying then keep going. - Jillian Michaels
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 187.6lbs
    • Current weight:167.8lbs
    • Goal weight: 140lbs

I just want my old body back, i dont want to see a muffin top above my jeans & i know that i will look and feel healthier but most of all in the long run im doing it for me no~one else & hoping that it will improve the symptoms from (SPD)

I was quite happy with my body, always naturally slim and my weight gain had nothing to do with overeating. It started back in 2002 at that time I was around 133lbs then fell pregnant with my oldest daughter. During pregnancy i suffered very badly with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) which gave me unberable pain when walking and just going about my day . Afterwards i still suffered although walking was fine, i couldnt go to the gym or do any workouts because the cartalige in my pubic bone felt like it was tearing & extremely painfull. My weight dropped to around 168lbs not long after having her & it then yo yo'd through the years between 146lb - 154lb. Then in Nov 2008 i fell pregnant with my son, only this time the (SPD) was far worse & i ended up on crutches for the best part of 9 months & had to wear a support belt to keep my pelvis & hips together. My weight balooned to around 210lbs. After my son the pain was far worse & it took a long time around 2 years to get back to 146lbs & that was just by diet alone. October 2011 i get another surprise pregnant again with my third child another baby girl & the dreaded (SPD) flared up again except this time i managed to stay off the crutches & just had my support belt holding me together but went up to 217lbs my biggest ever. So here i am, family completed & still suffering with (SPD). Which makes exercise extremely difficult as my pubic bone is misaligned & quite often the cartilage pulls causing (unbearable pain)

No

No

No im well aware alot of pics are air brushed, i think size 0 is disgusting there are some stunning curvy girls out there that are curvy but toned & the only thing i hate to see is fat bulging over e.g muffin tops etc i personally think the fat bulging look is unnatractive.

I don't actually have one but theres plenty old pics of me that i think i wish i looked like that again.

Going back 10 years ago i wasn't to fat or too thin, im not a busty girl & was all in proportion & now im all out of proportion

I'm trying to stick to MFP calories. I'm eating mainly food that ive always eaten just keeping an eye on the calories in it, or swapping those kind of foods ive always eaten for the same but lower in calories. I scan foods to help me portion them so i'm not over eating. Ive cut out alot of crisps, chocolate etc i do still have them occasionally but not everyday if even once a week, I still even have the odd take away or eat out when im out with family or friends. But the thing helping the most is i've started manageable exercise 5 days a week, my body is changing as a result of the combination of watching what i eat & exercise. I find i burn alot of calories just going about my day at times which sends my body into starvation mode hence the reason i can at times stay the same weight so i invested in a nike fuel band which is helping me balance that problem. I work 2 days a week, on those 2 days i burn more than 1200 Calories & thats without a workout so i dont exercise on these days.

Right now after baby number 3 my stomach area it didnt quite bounce back like with the other 2, i think it may never be the same i can deal with that bearing in mind i carried an (8lb & 2 10lb babies) ive seen far worse stomachs than mine, oh & i hate my muffin top :smile:

I hate that i have gained so much weight but it was inevitable during my pregnancies if you cant physically walk, bend or go about daily activities without pain or damage to yourself & are told to rest then you are going to put on weight very easily. Right now i can see the change ~ i'm very positive i'll reach my goal & actually starting to like my body again

Not so many in real life but there's plenty people here on MFP that are all different ages, shapes & sizes but we all have one similar goal which is to lose some weight or maintain there ideal weight

Not really but many people have commented on how i look recently mostly positive & have asked what ive been doing to get in shape

• What motivates you?

Myself ~ i have to do this, i dont want to look this way anymore

Not fell off it in a while (Oct 2012) had alot going on & with christmas etc coming up i decided to wait till January & since then ive kept going. I didn't punish myself i gave myself some time & am doing better than ever. And although i have days where i eat out or have the odd take out i dont beat myself up over it, its family time & i should still be able to enjoy it.

Very positive, hoping to achieve it by the summer, actually worked out that if i steadily lost 2lbs every week over the next 14 weeks i'd be there, notice i said if , so if i dont i know for sure i'll hit my goal not so long after

Wow i made it

I'll be pleased i reached the 140lb if my body still needs toning up i'll continue to exercise but i wouldn't want to lose much more weight i want some meat on me like i said before im not curvy curvy

That if i still have a muffin top at the end :laugh:

It takes time & effort, i didnt get this far sitting on my butt

"If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope that it will happen, you've got to make it happen"
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 450 plus
    • Current weight: 347
    • Goal weight: 200

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? to be healthier than i have ever been in my life...i want to look and feel better about myself and what i do...

• Tell me a bit about your past…I have not always been unhappy with my weight..up until a few years ago i thought i didnt have a problem and led a very outgoing life..then i saw a picture of myself and thought oh my goodness...wth have i been doing...

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder? emotional/overeating disorder yes...

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) nope.

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate) not really..

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration? i really havent gave this much thought...

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…) i had the sleeve done in nov of 2012...im watching what i eat; mostly high protein..and joined a gym

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over? all over...i would like to be a lil more toned and more loss in my abdomen and legs...

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated) i feel positive about it..103 lbs since the middle of september...although im losing motivation ..

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online) yes...MFP friends are amazing...i have a few in person who help me...

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) not really..

• What motivates you? my family....and my desire for a bigger family..

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) upset...but i try to get back on the wagon the next day

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible) its so far away but im taking it day by day...feeling excited so far

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal? amazing!!! ectastic....

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next? hard work until i get where i wanna be..

• What is your biggest worry? that ill get there and not be happy or get where i wanna be and not like how i look

• What have you learnt on your journey so far? that nothing is impossible..

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission
  • fitness_chica32
    Options

• Starting weight: 130
    • Current weight: 130
    • Goal weight: 120

I want to lose weight because it will make me feel better about myself, and also so I can fit into the clothing that I want to wear, and look good in a bikini this summer!

I was not always unhappy with my weight, I started being a little self conscious in 6th grade when I noticed that I wasn't exactly "skinny." After that, I started having this obsession for food which I am now looking to get rid of!

No

No

Yes, all of the stars and role models that I look up to are very skinny and physically fit, so naturally I want to look like them. Also, many popular stores make their clothing in a certain way so that they only fit well on certain (skinny) bodies. So I want to be skinny so I can fit into the clothing everyone is wearing.

I aspire to have a body like Jillian Michaels.

I want to be strong and physically fit so I can be confident and wear the clothing I want to wear.

I just started, so I'm not exactly sure. As of now, I am not planning on having a specific diet. But I am planning on working out on my own 2-3 times per week. And I am not taking any supplements or having surgery.

My "problem areas" are my stomach and my legs!

I am feeling negative about the weight I have gained, and I am looking to become more motivated to lose the weight I have gained over the years!

I have a few people that motivate me in real life, and none online...yet.

N/A

• What motivates you?
    I am motivated by imaging the clothing and confidence I could wear!

N/A

I think it is somewhat close, but it seems kind of hard!

I will feel absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% positive I WILL feel that way!!!!!!!

Having too many "cheat" days, and not reaching my goal by summer!

N/A

I actually have 2:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretsky

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it."
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: 230
    • Current weight: 214
    • Goal weight: 160

I want to lose weight to be healthy, first and foremost! Of course, I'd love to feel better about my appearance as well. I want to be able to keep up with my kids. I also want to be able to shop in "normal" clothing stores, not "Plus-sized" stores, and not be the "fat girl".

I've always been overweight (with the exception of a couple of years in my mid-20's when I dropped 80lbs). I didn't want to be outside in the heat. I loved to read and watch t.v. My mom struggled with her weight as long as I can remember. I used to do Jane Fonda workout cassette tapes with her when I was 5 or 6. I remember getting a "Get in Shape Girl" kit for Christmas when I was 8 or 9 and having hurt feelings. Friday night was always "go out to eat" night, and I can remember looking forward to it all week--from age 5-14.

I overeat because I like food. I really enjoy it! But, I'm also an emotional eater, and have been since childhood. Food was a reward, and our family celebrations always revolve around HUGE meals and delicious food.

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered) n/a

Looking at magazines, and watching T.V. we all are presented with an idea of beauty. I will never fit into THAT box. My shoulders are too broad, my hips too narrow, my butt too flat, my middle too thick.

Gabrielle Reece has an AMAZING body

She looks healthy, beautiful, and strong.

I've just joined MFP and am logging my calories and following my food plan carefully. I'm also doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, and trying to be more active. Did my first 10K today!

I carry most of my weight in my middle. My legs are always thin, even at my heaviest. My upper arms are a tab bit flabby. My torso is like a barrel.

I'm very motivated at the moment. I'm about 3 weeks in to this lifestyle change, and I'm still dropping weight pretty quickly. I still have a positive outlook, and hope that I will be healthy at my goal weight next year at this time.

My friends and family are very supportive, and many of them are on their own fitness journies. MFP provides me with a great support group. My husband is VERY supportive, and encouraging, and even agreed today to join MFP!

I haven't seen it this time around. 10 years ago when I lost 80lbs. I noticed how differently I was treated as a "skinny" person. The cashier at the grocery store is nicer. Vendors at work were much more friendly. I was invited to do more with co-workers. Even family members that I grew up with said things like, "You look so much better!!! I didn't even recognize you."

• What motivates you?
    My 3 sons, and an intrinsic desire to be better.

I just know I have to work harder to "pay for it" and get through the set backs.

I made a short term goal on MFP. When I reach it, i'll readjust so that I never feel despair.

I'll be happy and relieved that I made it. Then, I'll beging the next step; maintenance.

I can't worry about how I might feel. I have to take one day at a time.

I'm scared of the plateaus, because I know they are coming.

Never give up. I can be motivational to others, as well.

"The only easy day was yesterday"
  • bli77
    bli77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

• Starting weight: Highest 165
    • Current weight: 150
    • Goal weight: 140

Lose. To feel good about myself when I look in the mirror. Be strong and healthy as I age.

Always struggled with weight gained as a teen. Loved food more than exercise. Didn't start exercising until my late 20's and now I'm addicted. Stress makes me eat and so does boredom, therefore no watching tv!

No

No

Yes. Always hear about the stars getting ridiculed for gaining weight or looking fat in their clothes

Lean and toned. Tosca Reno is my inspiration. I want to look like her at 50!

To have glowing skin and too look young forever. Being overweight ages you physically and mentally.

EAting clean as much as possible. Limited red meats, only chicken, fish, dairy and veggies. Running, lift weights and yoga are the activities I do regularly but I'm always trying new activities to challenge myself. No supplements/surgery

Change all over. But I would love a flat tummy!! I have great legs and bum from running :oD

Positive. Realized it's not going to come off fast because it's a lifestyle.

MFP rocks! My hubby is also very supportive. He cooks the things I like :o)

Everyone around me knows that I try to eat as healthy as possible. They are supportive.

• What motivates you?
    The feeling I get after working out. Looking good in my workout clothes. Summer!!

Upset but tomorrow is a new day.

It's close but need to really focus on the last 10 lbs!!

Accomplished!

Challenge myself with something new

Gaining it back

It's a lifestyle change. Make little changes at a time. Use your spare time to be active instead of sitting on the couch. Choose activities you like best so you enjoy doing it.

• HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options

• Starting weight:215lbs
    • Current weight:199lbs
    • Goal weight:190lbs

• What are your reasons for wanting to lose/gain weight? (Please state which) Lose belly fat and tone up. Then pack on some muscle.

• Tell me a bit about your past… (Were you always unhappy with your weight? Did it begin in childhood? Did a specific event trigger unnatural eating habits?)I used to be a bean pole when i was younger but as i got older got lazy and drank and ate too much junk.

• Would you consider yourself as having an eating disorder?No

• Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past? (If you are now recovered)No

• Do you feel pressure from the media to look a certain way? (If so please elaborate)No

• Who has your ideal body/Who is your body inspiration?Tom Hardy

• Why do you want to look that way?He looks like a beast!

• What are you doing to change your weight? Please give as much info as possible (Specific diet/workout plan/taking supplements/surgery…)Healthy eating, as clean as possible with occasional fasting.

• Do you have ‘problem areas’ (please specify) or are you trying to change all over?Problem area is always tummy.

• How do you feel about your weight loss/gain? (Positive/negative/motivated)Pretty positive. I just need to leave the chocolate alone.

• Have you got people who support you? (In real life/Online)Lots of people on MFP

• Has dieting changed how people see/treat you now? (Friends/family/public) Yes. I get told i'm losing too much weight and that my eating habits are weird.

• What motivates you?People around me that have a lot more weight to shift. There are people on MFP that have a starting weight of say 300lbs and work off half if not more. Pretty inspirational stuff.

• If/when you ‘fall off the wagon’ how do you feel? (Like giving up/motivated to do better/like punishing yourself/upset) Pretty bad. If i get the munchies i get it bad and also find it hard to get motivated sometimes. Makes me feel like ive wasted my time getting fit to then just put the weight back on again.

• How do you feel about reaching your goal? (Is it close/far away/does it seem impossible)Is very close. Just need to stick to my regime.

• How do you think you will feel when you reach your goal?It's a great feeling. It's hard work to so it's great when it finally pays off.

• What if you don’t feel that way? What will you do next?I'm positive it wont happen.

• What is your biggest worry?Injury! I had a wrist injury for months. Made me very depressed

• What have you learnt on your journey so far?If you don't put in the time and work hard you will get nothing out of it. When you do it's the best feeling in the world.

• What is your favourite (relevant) quote? Rome wasn't built in a day , neither was your body.