Domestic Goddess Challenge

Options

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Kitchen Sink is done! (and it's still clean this morning - Yay!) Also cleaned off the entire kitchen island when I finished the sink. Today, I think I'll try to tackle the MUDROOM! Anyone else up for a whole room/area??

WHY did you have to pick the CRAZIEST room in our house.... I'm up for it, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.... I am up for dining room legs, though. Bring it on!
  • searchkimmy
    searchkimmy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kitchen Sink is done! (and it's still clean this morning - Yay!) Also cleaned off the entire kitchen island when I finished the sink. Today, I think I'll try to tackle the MUDROOM! Anyone else up for a whole room/area??

I like this! My room will be my Dining Room. It needs a good once over.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Okay a couple erands to run and then I am pumped and ready to do this! Feel free to add me to friends all domestic goddesses ;)
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My mud room cannot be done within a day, it really is a storage room. I have an idea for a challenge for next week Mon-fri clean either one shelf, cabinet, or drawer a day in any room in your home.

finished windows my son did diningroom table legs, bed will be done later after my exercise class.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I need this! I'm in. Also, feminism was about being able to choose what we want not having it predetermined for us because of our gender. I choose to clean, but so does my husband. Win.
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    My dinning room has a mudroom section. and it needs work. I'm on it today...
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    And for the record, all those people who laugh at people who add cleaning to their exercise log clearly does NOT have 3 messy kids and a stinky shedding dog! Whew! I am exauhsted!
  • VpinkLotus
    Options

Thank you for this Clover! cool :)
  • number1mummyhen
    number1mummyhen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi again....windows are done here, we'll the glass sliding doors anyway, but only finished the one as it took a while! Cleaned all the runners too, amazing how much dirt builds up isn't it!!!

I'll tackle table legs tomm

Ok, for the next challenge is anyone up for the entry hall skirting boards (baseboards)?

Open to any other ideas, I just know after doing my laundry hall ones there is a whole lot of dirt there I don't know existed!!!!
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    yes! yu always forget those baseboards because yo don't really see them down there! Mine are yuck. I'm on it today.
  • searchkimmy
    Options
    I still have my work from yesterday to finish. I will come home and do it after the gym.
  • number1mummyhen
    Options
    Excellent, baseboards by the front hall tomorrow morning it is!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I need motivation on the weight loss front, fallen right off the wagon in the past month and I really need to get my house clean too! :)
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sinks done....downstairs bathroom & baseboards done. I'm also following "unf***yourhabitat.tumblr.com" so I'm picking areas of the house & cleaning & organizing along with this challenge. I've got a utility room that needs some attention today & I'm gonna do the dining room legs.

I'd like to suggest that one of our challenges be cleaning the ceiling fans.
  • number1mummyhen
    Options
    Hey searchkimmy
    What is our next domestic goddess challenge? I've done baseboards, windows, dining table......it's great exercise too!!!
  • searchkimmy
    Options
    HEY FOLKS!
  • searchkimmy
    Options
    Hey Folks! Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. It was busy with the kids. I want everyone to feel free to post tasks on here too. I run a small day care out of my house so some days are hard for me to get on here. If you have a good task please add it. I do have an important task for today though.

Disinfect all door knobs, light switches, remotes, keyboards and anything that people tough often. There has been so much sickness coming in and out of this house that I want to sterilize.

After that my microwave is getting a clean down. Inside, outside, top and bottom.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've just got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed half he kitchen floor and walls. Other half is to come

After that I will most definitely clean the sink with an old toothbrush
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    I've got one. How about a dusting day. I mean every little nick knack and corner? perfect weather here to shake that dust outside!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I clean as much as my wife, but I am no Goddess.