New Friends

Options
Summer 2013 is rapidly approaching which means the shorts and short sleeve season is coming up. I used MFP for a good eight solid months but I began to become obsessive over calories and "being in the red." As a result, I stopped logging in. But I am back now because I feel that the support of MFP helped me lose more weight because I was being held accountable, so I am going to need some new friends. Currently, I'm 138.4 and I am planning to lose about 20 pounds (I'm 5'2) and I plan to lose about 10 of those pounds by June. If anyone can use anymore motivating friends, please add me and I will return the favor.

Replies

• missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you can add me, this is the best thing I have ever done and it WORKS! I believe we can all help each other with just some incouragement a little goes a long way....................
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I am always looking for new friends to keep me motivated and on track and I can do the same for you! Good luck!
  • Smitten823
    Smitten823 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can totally add me as well :) Im sorta a newbie here (4 days so far) and it would be great to have motivation from someone who has been on here before. Good luck - summer is a great motivator - especially all the cute clothes!!!
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    you can add me also .. New friends are always welcome
  • dewdrop0522
    Options
    Ditto! What they said! I don't know how much weight I want to lose because I refuse to step on a scale, however, in the last 3 months I have been working diligently to get out of my size 12 pants. They're finally getting big on me! I'm looking to be a size 8 again (or a bit smaller if it happens -- I have wide hips!) Every 1st of each month I take my measurements. As of April 1st, 2013 I started the P90X program. I was getting bored at the gym and wasn't seeing the results as quickly as I wanted to. Since the 1st my muscles all over have been sore in the good way! Here's hoping things will finally start changing a little more drastically! Would love the support of a community! :)

Cheers!
    Rebecca
  • dewdrop0522
    Options
    Mind if I add you too? :) Trying to build up some more support as my only friend on here doesn't seem to be too active.
  • auntiesonya1970
    Options
    Hi there!

Please feel free to add me! I work in northern Canada and can use someone positive to visit with!

Sonya
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! The more support the better! :)
  • Staysee7
    Staysee7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)
  • LeShea417
    Options
    I can totally relate to you. I'm also a size 12 and would like to get down to size 8 or even smaller. I also refused to step on a scale, but then I accidentally saw my weight on the doctor's chart and was shocked at the number I saw. So I figured I've already seen the number so that will help me track the weight loss better.
  • Onmyway39
    Onmyway39 Posts: 10
    Options
    ok I have been on this ride for so long I want to stop and do it I need to lose 100 pounds I am 234 and 5 "2" . I always start and find something wrong then quite. I want to finish my goals. I need to for Me.:smile:
  • ScarletteS
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • PhillyBeefcake
    Options
    Hey guys im new too. Feel free to add
  • NomadicEmotion
    Options
    Hey there guys! :) I just signed up today and have decided I need to physically journey along with my health & fitness course, so while I wade through the paperwork my body will be doing some of the work too :)
    I have a long way to go as I am one of the least active people I know lol office worker and couch potato at home.. going to be hard to reprogramme the mind and get into routine but the determination is there!!!
    Anybody else here decided to go into education in sync with this healthy lifestyle?
  • hulksmash1988
    Options
    Bonjour anyone no if thhe activity level multiplier counts for days off?? X