My Wife Deserves This...

Options
13»

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That, Sir, is a remarkable and inspiring journey. May you enjoy continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You're an inspiration!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME. My boyfriend was the exact same size as you were when he started his revised eating. He's lost about 20 lbs so far. His goal is also similar to yours. I'm going to show him your post. I know it will inspire him. Well done!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    What a nice feel good story to read in the morning:)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success story, and I LOVE that you did it all for your WIFE! Can you come talk to my hubby, please?! :happy:
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
    You're amazing. Congratulations and good luck on your journey.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I bet she is thrilled with how much more energy you have, your dedication really paid off!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and YOU deserve this!
  • fretless1965
    fretless1965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OP here. My post title was "My wife deserved this..." A large number of you pointed out that I deserved this as well. I don't normally think along those lines, but I have to agree. Truthfully, I was cheating myself out of a lot of joy that can come from being capable of doing things I wouldn't have been able to do before. There were many occasions I had to tell my kids that Dad was too tired to have a snowball fight, etc. and that was just sad since the only reason was because I chose to eat too much and not exercise. There are people with legitimate reasons to not play with their kids (injuries, disabilities, etc.), but I was not one of them. Mine was the result of my choices.

I really appreciate all the replies. I know how important community and encouragement is, but I have been pretty much a lurker here on the boards up until now. I figured it was time for me to provide a little encouragement for a change.

Regarding my diet, I'm afraid I don't really do anything special. I watch my total calorie intake and largely avoid eating crap. I knew that if I started denying myself things I enjoyed, it would be more difficult to be successful. I have found that as a result of my success, I have started eating better in order to be more successful. I still eat ice cream about once a week, but only four ounces at a time. I have a soda maybe twice a month. Oddly enough, I have found that it's easier to stay under my calorie goals for the day if I start with a small breakfast rather than a large one.

I like to keep my diet private. I'm a high school teacher, so I have a policy to not post anything online that I wouldn't be completely comfortable writing on my chalkboard in my room. I'm sorry to have to be so evasive, but my professionalism is extremely important to me. I love my job and we live in too paranoid a culture for me to take my responsibilities casually.
  • fretless1965
    fretless1965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In the voice of Peggy on the Capital One commercials..."you inspire me" Seriously, Nice job, I am in very much the same with the same stats. I am down to 194 and I hope to accomplish what you have. BTW, thats a nice Ric.

Thank you.

For those of you that don't know, the bass I'm holding in my profile pic is a Rickenbacker 4003. Her name is Trinity, and Trinity is the only girl I dance with other than my wife.

I first spotted that color in a music store in 1987 and I told my wife (then girlfriend) that I really wanted one. Of course, they are a bit pricey, so we couldn't afford one. In 2005, we moved and ended up with a little extra money then we expected. After we realized this, my wife said, "Why don't you go get your Ric?" Needless to say, I made a couple calls and went to get Trinity that very day.

My wife is awesome. That's only one reason she deserves this.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is great work!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My guitars have six strings and I prefer Les Paul's, but I can appreciate a nice Ric.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Thanks for the motivation and congratulations.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic inspirational journey :)
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. I bet your wife is very proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!