Huge boost of motivation,-watch these 3 documentaries

Options
1. "Forks Over Knives"
2. "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"
3. "Vegucated"

They're all on US Netflix and are so incredibly inspiring!

Replies

• JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    thanks! i'll check em out tonight :)
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've seen all 3. I juice and eat a lot more vegetables as a result. I haven't given up meat yet though. I do restrict red meat to once a week or less. Watch Frankensteer for a good beef scare.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I like them but always make sure you do research for yourself and talk to your doctor, it is important to educate yourself before becoming a vegetarian or vegan because you need to add soy for amino acids and a multivitamin for essentials you can only get from meat. I don't eat meat because my liver and gal bladder pass it through my system fast (a hereditary thing).
  • Otchcake
    Otchcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes!!! Love the first 2 but have never seen "Vegucated"! I'll have to check it out :)
  • RichardSaulWurman
    RichardSaulWurman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I liked the Bo Jackson documentary - he had what seemed to be a career ending hip replacement and rehap'd back to play baseball.
  • TorontoGrl
    TorontoGrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've ditched all animal products almost 2 years ago and almost never eat soy, a lot of veg people avoid soy all together :) Yes, research but ahhh so worth it
  • TorontoGrl
    Options
    I liked the Bo Jackson documentary - he had what seemed to be a career ending hip replacement and rehap'd back to play baseball.
    I'll look it up, thanks!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Seen them all and I've cut out all meat since watching Vegucated but still have fish from time to time. I'll be phasing that out later in the year. It's been 4 months and I feel so healthy, my skin has cleared up, I don't get tired in the afternoons, and I jump started my weight loss again. :D
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will be sure to check them out!
  • TorontoGrl
    Options
    Seen them all and I've cut out all meat since watching Vegucated but still have fish from time to time. I'll be phasing that out later in the year. It's been 4 months and I feel so healthy, my skin has cleared up, I don't get tired in the afternoons, and I jump started my weight loss again. :D

You are an inspiration
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with those docs. My inner vegan (i was vegetarian for 1 year and vegan for 2) wants to punch me in the face for what i eat now. But i just can't seem to go back to that lifestyle 100% i def eat more meatless meals but i just can't seem to win however i choose to eat/live. Factory farming, pesticides on crops, GMOs, kill shelters, animal abuse, they're all things i hate but i can't really do anything about it. Not everyone can afford to eat all organic, not everyone wants to cut out meat and dairy 100% from their lives. I eat as healthy as i can for what my budget allows (this is my mantra when watching documentaries like these lol)

So these are great docs and i think everyone should watch them. Just be prepared to have a battle with your mind after doing so. Do what you can to make healthy changes to your diet/lifestyle but don't beat yourself up about it if you can't or wont drastically change how you eat. :flowerforyou:
  • TorontoGrl
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with those docs. My inner vegan (i was vegetarian for 1 year and vegan for 2) wants to punch me in the face for what i eat now. But i just can't seem to go back to that lifestyle 100% i def eat more meatless meals but i just can't seem to win however i choose to eat/live. Factory farming, pesticides on crops, GMOs, kill shelters, animal abuse, they're all things i hate but i can't really do anything about it. Not everyone can afford to eat all organic, not everyone wants to cut out meat and dairy 100% from their lives. I eat as healthy as i can for what my budget allows (this is my mantra when watching documentaries like these lol)

So these are great docs and i think everyone should watch them. Just be prepared to have a battle with your mind after doing so. Do what you can to make healthy changes to your diet/lifestyle but don't beat yourself up about it if you can't or wont drastically change how you eat. :flowerforyou:

Like I said, boost of motivation :) Take what you want out of it
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All of them are great docs! It always amazes me when people say they don't like or eat vegetables. Their idea of a serving of vegetables is a plate of french fries!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Another one to add is Hungry For A Change, also on Netflix. I own a Nutribullet, and no matter what I do, try to get my macronutrients in through vegetables. I do believe in nutrition warding off disease better than any manmade chemical we can put in our body.
  • TorontoGrl
    Options
    Another one to add is Hungry For A Change, also on Netflix. I own a Nutribullet, and no matter what I do, try to get my macronutrients in through vegetables. I do believe in nutrition warding off disease better than any manmade chemical we can put in our body.

Agreed! Amazing doc!