Making a change and could use some help...

Options
I have lost about 40 lbs before and since joining MFP. :happy: I have been following the MFP guidelines and working out 4 to 5 days a week, mostly cardio. I had been going to an interval class a couple days a week, and hitting the treadmill and elliptical. I go over lunch and am in the gym for about 45 minutes each day. So, I have finally hit that point where MFP has me eating 1200 calories a day and I have been stuck, so I've decided it is time to make a change...

I have just started the NROLFW program and been to the Scooby site since the books calories seemed really high. Here is where I need some help...

My stats I am 46 yo and currently weigh 166 (as of this morning) and am 5'3".

The book tells me I should eat 1304/day on non-workout days in order to lose weight and 1571 on workout days. That seemed rather high to me (the 1571 seemed high, not the 1304.) So I went to Scooby who tells me that my TDEE is 2118 and my BMR is 1366 based on 3 to 5 hours a week of moderate exercise. This means that Scooby who I've been told is more accurate is telling me to eat more than the book would have me eat. The Scooby site says I should eat 1694 every day and just not worry about whether or not I worked out that day as long as I keep up with what I normally do. My plan is to do NROLFW on M, W and F and moderate cardio or the interval classes on T, and TH.

So, that's what I know, now I'm hoping someone who knows more than me can take a look and make some suggestions...

Thanks for any help! :flowerforyou:

Replies