Life After 152 pound loss

Options
jcmartin0313
jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
I have been shocked by the image below. I have been showing it around, not to be vain but because frankly I can hardly believe it myself. I had LapBand in 2010 and lost some weight thanks to that, but in January 2012 I got my butt in gear and began exercising. My very first run was less than 1/2 a mile and in February I completed my first half marathon. Exercising hurts - I have herniated discs in my back and neck, a torn ligament in my knee as well as tendonitis and a bad ankle, but I would rather writhe in agony that go back to the man I used to be. I want each of you to know that you can do this. You do not need bariatric surgery unless your life is in jeopardy or you psychologically cannot control your addiction to food, and it is an addiction. Just begin each day anew and do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow. See you out there!

77381a35-1f45-4d9c-b48c-fc6e38c94c54_zps2dce9270.jpg

Replies

• unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you look grate
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You look great! What a difference!

WTG having the determination to workout & get fit despite your health issues. Your good attitude will help you stay healthy.
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    amazing...thanks for the inspiration!!!!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just...wow.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! amazing job!! I would show it off also! you have done great work and with all the other issues....simply inspiring!!! glad you shared your story!
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Wonderfully motivational!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    That is awesome . Everyone who uses the excuse of "can't"...he's talking to you.

Congrats.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That is just incredible. Good for you! You look awesome, and your face just looks happier. Congratulations! :happy:
  • safranita
    safranita Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :noway: you ROCK! I love what you wrote: "Just begin each day anew and do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow."

Thanks for sharing - you are a true inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. You lost ME if I was holding a 5lb chihuahua.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You are looking great, well done!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So wonderful! Congratulations on getting to enjoy all your hard work!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Amazing change! Congratulations!
    Thanks for the inspiration you are giving to so many people here.
  • You're an inspiration my friend. Thank you and great transformation.
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I wish I had some secret to my success, other than the assistance of the LapBand, but I do not except get up off the couch and do something. The only other real secret weapon is food tracking. In the beginning, you use a food diary to make sure you meet your calorie intake/ output goals, but later as your metabolism ramps up you can use it to be strategic about cheat days and cheat meals, so it is beneficial in many ways. I have found that I am less tolerant of excuses, but I also understand all the rationalizing that goes into doing nothing. I love to run, cycle and swim, but despite going frequently, I hate the gym. I feel like the gym is full of two types of people, the vain muscle heads who just hang out on the equipment like the own it, and the Ipad toting people who thing watching Netflix while riding the recumbant bike is a "good" workout who then go to the sauna to "sweat" off the pounds. You should always exercise to the upper limit of your ability. Rest days are crucial and some workouts should be lighter than others. Anyway, thanks again everyone. Just Begin!
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How do you post a photo?
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    Amazing change! Congratulations!
    Thanks for the inspiration you are giving to so many people here.

You too! Keep bearing the torch~!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!

You look like a new person!
    I have been shocked by the image below. I have been showing it around, not to be vain but because frankly I can hardly believe it myself. I had LapBand in 2010 and lost some weight thanks to that, but in January 2012 I got my butt in gear and began exercising. My very first run was less than 1/2 a mile and in February I completed my first half marathon. Exercising hurts - I have herniated discs in my back and neck, a torn ligament in my knee as well as tendonitis and a bad ankle, but I would rather writhe in agony that go back to the man I used to be. I want each of you to know that you can do this. You do not need bariatric surgery unless your life is in jeopardy or you psychologically cannot control your addiction to food, and it is an addiction. Just begin each day anew and do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow. See you out there!

77381a35-1f45-4d9c-b48c-fc6e38c94c54_zps2dce9270.jpg
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!