What are main things you hate about beeing overweight?

Options
For me it is:
1. very low self esteem
2. that i can't move active, low energy
3. look older
4. clothes that i like don't look good on me

Replies

• dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    For me:
    1.) Low energy throughout the day.

2.) Don't feel comfortable in my own skin.

3.) Limited on clothes sizes.

4.) People judge you even though they know nothing about you or make any attempt to help you in your current situation.
    (Don't judge anyone unless your living in their shoes.)

5.) Stamina is very low.

I've lived that life twice in my life and this is the final time where I can truly say that I know what to do stay in shape and diet right.
    That if you don't pay attention you will have serious consequences in the long run.
    I can say I'm truly happy and confident in a very long time.
  • PrittyPiton
    PrittyPiton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    About judging - true. I always remind myself that only unhappy people judge others and say bad things or rude comments. I need to remind myself things I hate about being overweighted when I start to loose my motivation and a moment of satisfaction gets more important than goal.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I didn't get the judgey thing. Or I just wasn't looking. :)

I hated not being able to just walk into a store and buy clothes like I can now. I hated wondering if this was the time the seatbelt wasn't going to fit when I flew.
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Self Image would have to be the worst for me. I have really noticed the change in me with losing the 23 that I have... I cant imagine how awesome I am going to feel when I hit my goal!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Clothes look better on the hanger than they do on me.
    Feet killing me if I wear high heels.
    Invisible to men.
    The way my stomach touches my lap when I'm sitting.
    Double chin.
    Breathless from walking uphill or up a flight of stairs.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In no particular order...

1. Same, clothes that I like don't look good on me.

2. Can't shop at any store with clothes that I like.

3. I can't sit and put my knees right up to my chest.

4. I'm not light enough that my husband can carry me up to our bed... yet.
    So if I fall asleep on the couch, he has to wake me up. ):

5. It limits the adventures my husband and I can go on together.
    We went kayaking, and I worried about fitting in the kayak.
    I had no problems, but still I hate the fact that it even had to cross my mind.
  • bradbaumgarten
    Options
    Sweating too much is embarassing.
    Not being able to shop at normal stores.
    I'm married now, but it used to effect my confidence with women a lot.
    Feeling awkward doing normal things--walking through turnstyles, sitting in airplane seats.

On the plus side, at least you float better :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Honestly? ...it limits me in the bedroom.
  • jeanababy2
    Options
    I think we could all go on for days about what we HATE about being overweight..... I think for me it would be that I cant play with MY KIDS the way I want to... I want to be able to go out and run and play with them for more than 10-20min with out having to stop to take a "break" I hate that I struggle to keep up with them... Also I hate not looking good in clothes for myself and for my husband.
  • jeanababy2
    Options
    I hate that too
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    For me it is:
    1. very low self esteem
    2. that i can't move active, low energy
    3. look older
    4. clothes that i like don't look good on me

I hated the mass ~ the inconvenience of having had to accommodate it.
  • xtasa25
    xtasa25 Posts: 12
    Options
    The two biggest for me are:

1. Shopping and clothes is a big stress. I get really frustrated when I see something cute and they only them in small sizes. I also hate that I have to wear baggy clothes or jackets because my stomach pops out when I wear normal clothes.

2. Feeling like everyone is staring at me. Especially now that I'm in college, I'm constantly looking at other people and comparing myself to other girls. There's a few people at my school that speak my home language (Bosnian) and I had a few moments where I'd be walking down the hallway and behind me they would be speaking about how chubby I am, of course not knowing that I can understand them. It's not only embarrassing, but it brings my self-confidence down.
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Turtlesallthewaydown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Being the 'cute' girl instead of beautiful / hot / sexy. I feel inadequately attractive for my husband and it hurts my ability to *ahem* express myself, if ya know what I mean.

Most compliments come with a condition (either implied or stated outright) such as "You have such a pretty face, you'd look amazing if you lost some weight"

The 'remember when' moments where you think of (or are rudely reminded by someone) times when you were smaller. or when that go to outfit that was just right no longer fits and so now you have nothing for those days when you just really need that one great outfit.

Having people assume that your willpower, diet and fitness are inferior - obviously - because whatever you are doing "doesn't work" because you are still fat. Even if you kill yourself in the gym six days a week and run marathons.

Always being the fattest girl in my group of friends.

New years and everyone is in little black dresses? I'm rocking a lady tux with a control top because I'm too fat to wear a little, tight dress and look like a busted can of biscuits.

Going to the beach and every one is in a string bikini and short-shorts? I'm rocking the swim dress and over sized t-shirt. If I get in the water at all. I skip out on events that require certain types of clothing.

Formal occasion? I'm shopping at Dressbarn for a tent while everyone else goes to H&M or the discount Nordstrom store. Designer dresses I can afford, yes - carry my size? *Hahahaha!* I think the largest size I've seen there is a ten and a very small ten at that.

Feeling like I have to spend way more time on my appearance to make up for being fat. I do not feel like I can skip hair or makeup because I already have a large disadvantage in the looks department. I have to be careful with everything I wear because an item or style that looks carefree and bohemian on a thin girl makes me look like a sloppy train wreak.
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Options
    for me its definitely
    1. can't push myself in my wheelchair easily/wheelchair breaks often due to my weight
    2. look like a stranger in the mirror (spent most of my life 100lbs lighter than now)
    3. having a bad hair day or not having time to do my makeup makes me look and feel more inferior than I ever used to.
    4. my stomach gets sweaty in the creases... and that grosses me out. (wow that was TMI I'm sorry, but I DO HATE IT!) LOL
    5. it's just not comfortable. Clothes are always digging in, I feel bloated and heavy.

But I'm hoping to leave all that behind!
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    being the fat friend

looking bad in clothes

getting exhausted from exercise quickly
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Avoiding my husbands advances because I hate my body.
    All my clothes would not fit , not being able to find my size in the stores.
    My rings not fitting or are very tight.
    Seat belt barley fitting me.
    Not being able to sit in booths.
    Not being able to wear sexy clothes/feel comfortable wearing them.
    Not being able to wear high heels.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I hate That my thighs are so big that they rub together... -> this means I can't walk long distances in shorts, and that jeans with a rough seam and swimshorts rub away at my skin -> both painful and annoying

I really dislike that clothing that looks super cute on the racks doesn't look so great once its on me.

I find it annoying That I can't borrow clothing, after an impromtu sleep over or swim and someone offers you a dress/ dry clothing and you don't fit anything they own :(
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    sitting next to skinny peeps!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Nervous I might sit down and break a chair one day!

Also, when I was a bit heavier, some chairs were a tight fit.

Having hips and butt so big I bump into things accidentally.

Of course, limiting clothing options!!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Always feeling like I'm being judged. I'm a teacher of 6th graders, so anytime I turn around to write something on the board, I think they're staring at my fat butt. Not finding cute clothes. Being the fat person in my family. Feeling like I've failed as a mom because my kids picked up on my horrible habits and lack of exercise. Feeling like I've wasted the best years of my life (my 20s and early 30s) being too fat to really feel good about me and enjoy life to the fullest.