what is the hardest thing you find to give up

Options

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Beer!!!

You gave up beer?!?!?! :noway:

NAh, but I didn't really give up anything completely, but I do miss drinking sugary bar drinks and shots when I go out, now I have to stick with vodka clubs and plain vodka shots... its just not the same :cry:
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have not had to give anything up
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Why give up something that you enjoy?
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any food or drink. The last thing I gave up and haven't touched since was cigarettes, because unfortunately using them in moderation wasn't possible. Everything else is fair game though!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything except overeating.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Chinese food. It's my weakness and I just can't seem to let it go
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Regular and unprotected sex with prostitutes.

It's now law that you have to wear protection.

:explode:

lmfao
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have had donuts, beer, pizza, French fries, cheese burgers and a milk shake this week. im down 1.5lbs.

win! I don't give up anything. I eat it if I can fit it into my day.
  • rebecca8787
    Options
    I have had donuts, beer, pizza, French fries, cheese burgers and a milk shake this week. im down 1.5lbs.

win! I don't give up anything. I eat it if I can fit it into my day.

*Sigh* I'm so jel. I only have to look at a pringle and I put on 5 pounds.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I gave up beef and pork. It was hard at first. i don't miss it anymore.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    for health reasons i have had to eliminate alcohol, acidic/citrusy things, anything spicy or it flares up my bladder and causes immense pain and blood in the urine. i eat that stuff anyway every now and then, but it is easier than it used to be.
    as far as fitness or weight, i just make room for whatever i feel like having. unless i am allergic to it or it triggers pain, i will eat it
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything completely, but it's been hard to give up eating as much as I want of everything. Moderation sucks.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a temporary weight loss diet. The changes I've made are permanent ones. The foods I've eliminated were cut not just because they made me gain weight but because I have judged them to be unhealthy for my body. If I was just interested in weight loss I would have off-plan treats on occasion. I've done that with good results in the past.

I never would have believed I could make these changes and be happy with them if I was not living it.

At this point I can say that the hard part about eliminating foods was thinking about doing it before going through with the elimination. Thinking about no more gourmet ice cream, no more sugary desserts, no more sweet espresso drinks, no more sugary exotic drinks, etc. Wow, it all seemed overwhelmingly difficult.

Once they were eliminated I felt so good that I never even thought about them. What a surprise! Being around others eating those foods does not bother me at all. I'm not tempted at all.
  • cakegobbler
    cakegobbler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Settling into movie night surrounded by crisps, chocolate and some form of cake! By the end of the film I used to reach for more snacks only to realise I had eaten them all in a trance... Didn't even get to taste and enjoy them :'(
    Now I limit the chocolate to a tiny piece of 100 kcal and focus on the enjoyment of it..
    I use half my exercise calories back each day on treats or bank them over a few days for a meal out etc. If I'm going to sweat I will need some compensation.
    To be honest, by cooking skinny alternatives to my regular meals I'm managing to stay within my kcals each day.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Overeating/binging.

I mean this seriously. I'm fine with it during the day, but after my evening meal I want to feel fit to burst...followed by tea and biscuits...followed by a large pack of fudge..

So giving up "feeling over full".....I need to embrace feeling "satisfied"
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    cake!!!!!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake with butter creme frosting and vanilla ice cream on it. I'll never give it up.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BACON!!!! :tongue:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

But now that I'm getting cozy with the barbell, it's not that hard.

Figuratively. I mean, literally, it's always hard. Like, always.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Ice cream...I never realized a 1/2 gallon was not a single serving.

Shirley in Oregon