30 day shred

Options
I see alot of people are crazy about the 30 day shred & I wondered if it's any good?. My fitness is terrible & I really need to improve it so I thought about doing it,any advice or opinions are much appreciated :) .

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about giving it another try. I have to get a new copy as I gave my first one away a few years ago. I wasn't very successful the first time, I am hoping I have more determination this time.
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 Day Shred, The first 5 days are NOT fun, super sore and stiff in mornings etc but it is sooo worth it, after the fist 5 it's a lot easier, you'll notice a huge increase in fitness etc :bigsmile:

The weight loss side of it is not huge when you first start it but you lose HUGE in the measurements side of things, although this is just what I find, other's may find they lose more :laugh:

Anyway good luck, I also recommend stretching before and after, Not just the streches included in DVD but some of your own so you're not to sore the next day
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about giving it another try. I have to get a new copy as I gave my first one away a few years ago. I wasn't very successful the first time, I am hoping I have more determination this time.

all the levels are on YouTube :wink:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options

all the levels are on YouTube :wink:

Hey, thanks
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is great! Others are right...first 5 days are the hardest. Level 3 is also no joke....but by then you're much stronger. It really is good. All 3 levels are on youtube. I recommend watching them so you know what to expect. Just don't be too afraid to try it ;-)
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    It looks hard I won't lie,but I think it would be worth it :laugh: ! Do I do level one for a week and move on from there or?
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Its awesome. I am on level 2, day 5. I've lost 5lbs this week and I am really noticing a difference in my shape and clothes.

All this despite the fact I am following the "beginners" moves nearly all the time.

Its also really easy to fit in becuase its only 20mins long.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am re-trying it, got it years ago, it worked not bad. Last night was my first night back at it, holy cow it was a workout but really none of the moves is really hard, Jillian is excellent at showing the different levels and booting your butt back into shape. I am sore today, those crazy jumping jacks, who knew, lol, but I can't wait to get back at it and for 20 minutes of intense workout, its pretty great. Good luck if you try it! :smile:
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You do 10 days of level one, then 10 of level 2 then 10 of level 3.

I am doing it 6 days a week, so it will take me slightly longer than 30 days to complete. I get the impression you are supposed to do it everyday or at least 5 or 6 days.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my last day of Level 3, then I'll retake the measurements I did when I started. I've got a lot to lose, and am not athletic in the slightest, but I've noticed a decent improvement in what I can and can't do. There are five sets of jumping jacks in level one. I was doing a really modified version to start, then was able to do all five sets before I was done with that level. I'm going to try Ripped in 30 next
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Thank-you to everyone for the encouragement and support,I will certainly be trying it :)
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of it but the pic & results posted in the Success forum are amazing!!! I'll check out YouTube and see if I'm brave enough to give it a go .... (I'm a wimp when it come to intense high impact workouts, I prefer yoga & pilates)