what is the hardest thing you find to give up

Options

Replies

• michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    oatmeal. I love it so much and if it's in my house I'll eat it. I keep recommitting to cut out filler foods but oatmeal is tough to keep out in the winter.
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    ice cream, any ooey, gooey thing that you can dip chips into,...
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Most chinese food.Makes me feel lousy now.Too much sodium.

There is one place near me that doesn't use MSG but it's not the same.:sad:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Perfectionism.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    my ego
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sodium. Given up for health reasons. Low sodium diet SUCKS.

Cutting calories hasn't been hard. Exercising everyday has even helped my fibromyalgia a little. But just becoming aware of how much sodium that is in everything has me in fits.

Forget eating out on a low sodium diet. It doesn't happen.
  • Leo_gosh
    Leo_gosh Posts: 40
    Options
    Nutella !! :P
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My husband's homemade pies, if it's there I will eat it and not just a little bit.
  • drewciferFTW
    Options
    Salty foods, but I know I have to
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My wheelchair. After that auto accident it took me 6 months to walk again. It was so difficult to get up and walk normally.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Going out for long, leisurely meals with friends. The kind when you drink lots of lovely wine. I have done this a couple of times since I started my diet 9 months ago and it was great, but I think that is enough times.
    Otherwise I haven't cut anything out. I have a nibble of something if people are eating dessert all around me- just a taste. I still eat a small piece of cheese a day which is my biggest weakness, but I don't buy the kind of cheese I really love, the runny, smelly French kind, because that would truly be irresistible. I used to love olive oil and unsalted butter, but hardly have it now. Luckily I am a good cook and have time as I am retired, so I can find alternatives to most things I love and I really enjoy my food.
    I have given up pastry though. I used to bake cakes all the time and put on lbs. Now I bake for my husband who is mega skinny and I have a bite if I cant resist. If I eat a plain scone I count in the cals as I am on 1600 inc exercise.
    So far I have lost 39lbs and would like to lose at least 10 more.
  • Raeesa777
    Raeesa777 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    junk food... shu.. that tiny voice in my head has to say "no Raeesa, u cant... I SAID NO RAEESA!"
  • Raeesa777
    Raeesa777 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ice cream, any ooey, gooey thing that you can dip chips into,...

ice cream.. me too.. i am a BIG ice cream fan
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Eating without thinking. Now that I count calories I have to actually *think* about everything I eat. Thinking sucks. :grumble:

Omg THIS! All this macronutrient and calorie stuff is basic math, really, but screw math. There's a reason I didn't become a math major after graduating high school sheesh. :grumble:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I have given up nothing.... cut back on the amount and how often I have certain foods... but have not given up anything.

Okay, I gave up cigarettes in 1995... that was kind of hard. Does that count??
  • tamtam_21
    Options
    SIGHHHH SUGAR,JUICE AND ICE CREAM
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything. I just make it fit my calorie and macro goals and have at it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't give up hard things.

I just can't.

Not ever.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    SALT. I would rather lose weight than give up salt. I am so serious about not giving up salt I am exercising more. I am on the borderline of developing hypertension. I am hoping if I lose a bunch of weight I won't have to give up salt. Prior to finding out that I have other health issues besides my weight, I was just concentrating on eating healthier and I did lose some weight, don't know how much cuz I wasn't trying to lose weight and I didn't have a scale. I just got a scale. I have cut back a bit on the sodium because my tastes are changing, I think because I am eating a lot more vegetables. But, I don't want a low sodium diet no way no how.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

Same with me! So done with them!