For All You Binge Eaters

Options
Amazingly supportive group you might want to join.
There is a binge challenge monthly, to try and defeat the binge monster and come out on top.
And plenty of friendly people struggling with similar food related issues.
Hope to see some of you joining in on the April binge challenge.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/726-binge-eating-support-group

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Final bump before bed.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    bump
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • cbm413
    cbm413 Posts: 36
    Options
    I definitely struggle with the occasional binge. I believe strongly that certain foods (ie processed sugary/salty foods) cause real addiction. I'm in!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I definitely struggle with the occasional binge. I believe strongly that certain foods (ie processed sugary/salty foods) cause real addiction. I'm in!

Yep, I believe the same thing, it seems to be a common denominator, along with wheat/dairy in some cases. A combination of them is the worst for me personally.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    i believe it too. some things i just can't touch or it's off to the races!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    I believe this too. If I start, I won't stop until it's gone. I'll stay up late to finish whatever it is. Or, I've finished it in the middle of the day/evening, gotten in my car...no bra...no makeup...gone to the store for more and stayed up until the new purchases were gone. I would make sure, however, that there is no evidence on the top of the trash can...it's buried under other trash or taken directly outside to the big containers and buried out there.

I would like to join. Thank you.
  • mjh0311
    mjh0311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I believe this too. If I start, I won't stop until it's gone. I'll stay up late to finish whatever it is. Or, I've finished it in the middle of the day/evening, gotten in my car...no bra...no makeup...gone to the store for more and stayed up until the new purchases were gone. I would make sure, however, that there is no evidence on the top of the trash can...it's buried under other trash or taken directly outside to the big containers and buried out there.

I do this too. I'm bad with sweets so I won't buy any and then I'll find myself going to the store at 10pm to buy a package of cookies. I've been doing good lately (like for a week, lol) but I think being part of a group would help.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

Certainly been there with going to the store without bothering with anything, I even several times went with my pajama top on under my coat since it was not too obvious it was a pajama top, not to me anyway.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Uhh yeah. Been there and done that--not in many years, but I know that crazed out of control need to just eat and eat. I just joined this group a few days ago and it's amazing. You won't regret it--even if you just lurk. lol It's helpful.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Bump!
  • grndame
    grndame Posts: 7
    Options
    Artisan bread, good ice cream, good chocolate. Crappy versions of any of these usually don't set me off, but a quality loaf of crusty mult-grain bread doesn't have a chance in my house.

Try to keep this stuff out, but my (also overweight) son isn't on the wagon with me...it's like being a recovering alcoholic living with a wine connisseur. :(
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Artisan bread, good ice cream, good chocolate. Crappy versions of any of these usually don't set me off, but a quality loaf of crusty mult-grain bread doesn't have a chance in my house.

Try to keep this stuff out, but my (also overweight) son isn't on the wagon with me...it's like being a recovering alcoholic living with a wine connisseur. :(

Bread is lethal for me, not the crappy sliced stuff from most stores, but bakery loaves, especially those with fruit and nuts in them. I went nuts on a fig and hazelnut bread before xmas, and a walnut and cranberry loaf, both from the same place. Gone the same night, lol. So if I buy bread, I remain aware it wont last and so do not buy it very often.