What are your go to salads?

Options

Replies

• clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lazy when it comes to salads. My "go to" salad is to take a bag of arugula, pre-packaged guacamole and combine. If I want to jazz it up, I'll add some strawberries and sliced almonds.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favourite salads;

1. Chef's salad, that awful thing. Packed with all the rejected meats and cheese and dressings... guuuhhh
    2. Spinach, strawberry, pecan and goat cheese salad, with a light vinaigrette
    3. Ice berg lettuce, little cubes of cheddar cheese, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, and a bit of ranch. mm.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I buy the mixed herbs salad mix and mix it with alfalfa sprouts and butter lettuce. Then I try to top it with protein so either kidney beans or garbanzo beans. sometimes I add baby carrots.
  • sessik86
    sessik86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the strawberry salad. I use spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, pecans, and a fat free poppyseed dressing that has only 35 cal per serving. It is so tasty.
  • tsubasamasuwaka
    Options
    My go to salad is lettuce , chopped celery , celantro , sweet red pepper , tomatoes ,1 tbs chopped white onion , mushroom , 1 slice pickled lemon , chopped pickle , 1/2tsp argan oil
  • sueswan74
    sueswan74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    love salads! Bump
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    8622585013_6d04694f57.jpg

My favourite lunchtime salad of the moment!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad is a bacon salad. Ingredients: bacon.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    If my son is not around, I will do pecans, cranberries, chopped up apple and some grilled chicken...tho I have done it w/out the chicken! Oh! And blue cheese...Marzetti makes an awesome pomegranite dressing...yums!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Salad, avocado, tuna and light dressing.... like olive oil etc
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I toss just about any salad.

It's usually just a matter of convenience.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I posted a salad recipe on here last month...

Salad recipe. I'm not sure that I've ever seen those two words together...
    Made me laugh out LOUD!:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I posted a salad recipe on here last month...

Salad recipe. I'm not sure that I've ever seen those two words together...
    Made me laugh out LOUD!:laugh:

Me too
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad requires no dressing. I love to take baby spinach leaves and put fruit on top. one bite of fruit with soume spinach leaves--yum

8439234844_3292a825b1_z.jpg
    strawberry spinach salad by whitecapwendy, on Flickr
  • IAmPersuaded
    IAmPersuaded Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    All of these sound so so yummy!
  • akief24
    akief24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the bolthouse salad dressings....the honey mustard is my favorite though the ranch is amazing too. It uses greek yogurt as a base and is only 45 calories for 2 tbls and is super flavorful and amazing (so far I have only found it at Winco in the refrigerated section in the produce area.) My current favorite is organic baby spinach, one hard boiled egg, a few grape tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and salad shrimp (so easy and you can keep frozen and thaw in water in like 2 minutes so you don't end up throwing a bunch away) with the above dressing. So much flavor and super good for you.It takes like maybe five minutes to throw it together and it fills me up for a few hours. The nutritionals are as follows.....

Dinner Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Salad Shrimp, 4.5 oz 120 0 2 27 285 0
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 1 large 78 1 5 6 62 1 - Organic Baby Spinach, 2 cups 20 3 0 2 65 0 Shredded Cheese (just a sprinkle) - 44 0 4 2 68 0
    Bolt House Farms Honey Mustard, 23 3 1 1 58 3
    (only used 1 tbls this time)
    Totals 285 7 12 38 538 4

PS. I never really ate a lot of salad before and now I end up eating them once or twice a day. I also do chicken or ground turkey taco salads (no chips or sour cream though) using salsa as dressing often too. I am losing weight much slower than you...about 7 lbs in 4 weeks but the inches are coming off so that is really my goal. Good luck to you! :D
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the strawberry salad. I use spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, pecans, and a fat free poppyseed dressing that has only 35 cal per serving. It is so tasty.

This sounds yummy.I used to love the strawberry fields salad from TGI Fridays but they don't have it anymore
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have one salad that I love. It has grilled salmon, mandarin orange slices, and walnuts tossed into the green stuff (I prefer romaine lettuce and spinach). No dressing required.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When I need calories, I do a taco salad with lettuce, ground turkey, avocado, salsa, black beans (sometimes), tortilla chips, and cholula. You can add or take away any of it - it can add up to a lot of calories if you want it to, or leave out the avocado and it's pretty low.

I also do a spinach salad with goat cheese, strawberries, sliced almonds, and grilled chicken and a super easy dressing that is just balsamic vinegar, agave, and dijon mustard.

I also do mixed greens with grapes, feta, pecans, and a dressing similar to the above substitute raspberry wine vinegar for balsamic.