Protein ideas... Need help with this

Options
2»

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas :)

You're welcome.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, pork, fish .... Sorry if you're veggy I don't have a clue!!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I just googled a chart of foods with proteins. Some lists have comparison of proteins and carbs. See what foods you like. Hope this helps.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    eggs, chicken, shrimp, tilapia, tuna, bars with low carbs - quest, protein powders if you cant manage to get the actual food in.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    meat, eggs, cheese, fish, nuts etc?

I second the nuts.

5 calories and 1.25 g of protein per nut

What kind of nut gives that kind of protein vs calories? Because I have been eating almonds as a snack since it was recommended here, but I know that the protein isn't that high for them, and the calories are higher. I would be willing to try other kinds if they are considered that much higher in protein.
  • damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can also make protein-rich desserts. Take ricotta cheese and whirl it smooth in the food processor with a little sugar or sugar substitute and vanilla, and use it as a topping for fruit or a substitute for pudding.

You can also use silk tofu for this. Lower in fat + it's vegan :) You can add it to smoothies etc. to up the protein.