How much weight did you lose before seeing the results?

Options
2»

Replies

• niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I wanted to start heavy lifting but a gym membership is not in the forecast anytime soon. Anything I do will be at home. I'll keep doing Les Mills Pump and 30 Day shred for now then gradually increase the weights. Hope the scale cooperates cause it's at a standstill and I'm getting frustrated. sigh
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't get frustrated! I am just getting back on track also. When I was doing 30 day shred, my muscle mass was increasing, so I didn't see much loss on the scale, but I saw it in my clothes. I really began looking better, just not losing a ton of weight which was fine.

Keep plugging away! I intend to really give it my all this time!
  • penni214
    penni214 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you're doing the 30 day shred then you're building muscle and that's why the scale isn't moving. Have you taken your measurements lately? I'm sure you'll see a big difference there!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have never really "seen" results. I feel them.

ETA...I notice how I feel different in my car, sitting in a chair, laying in bed, how my clothes feels, etc. etc.
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Measure your hips and waist now! I haven't lost any weight in almost two months but I've taken three inches off my waist. I had previously lost 21 pounds (put some back on after an injury). But people started noticing after about 15 pounds. I started noticing after about five pounds when my clothes weren't skin tight anymore:) Don't give up!! Measure yourself in a month again. You'll see!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    About 30 to 40 for me to see changes. Others it was around 40. Some people haven't said anything even though I'm at 70.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who have mentioned measuring yourself. Muscle ways more then fat, so you might be losing inches but not seeing a difference on the scale.

ETA: I've been measuring my stomach, chest, right and left arms at the biceps, and right and left legs at my thighs.
  • amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    honestly i really didn't notice anything by looking in a mirror alone. even with the scale moving towards loss i still could not "see" it but i did notice it in ridiculous things like being able to cross my legs more comfortably or scratching my back.

please don't torture yourself with scale alone. take measurements it's tough to argue with a loss of 5 inches from your chest, 8 inches from your waist, and 7 inches from your hips, etc.

I thought I was the only one that felt that way - I have lost 66 lbs, and don't see much of a difference when I look in the mirror. I have to look at old and current pictures to compare them, and have noticed more difference like my sizes changing. Also noticed that this week as I am getting serious about lifting a gained a little bit of weight instead of lost. I expect to continue to loose as time goes on. It will take time, dedication and patience, and alot of friends and support. It is okay to ask for help - this is a journey that is tough to make on your own.
  • niqua215
    Options
    I took some pics before I started 30 DS so hopefully I'll see some progress at the end of the program. I still have 100 pounds to lose so I cringe at the muscle weighs more than fat theory. I want to tone as I lose but I'd be a happier camper if the scale keeps going down. Arrrrggghhhhhh. Gonna go measure. Sigh
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    With 30 day shred I noticed results before I lost weight...
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It took me a while for me to notice results. I had to lose close to 50 pounds. Now I tried on my shorts and they fall to the floor...so had to buy new ones...as we are going to PR in a couple of weeks and need shorts for the trip. IT was a great feeling to go to the store and get a smaller size

edit:

The change is clothing wasn't till I lost over 70 pounds. the change in my face came first around 50 pounds gone
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25kgs and yes I've noticed my trousers are too big and my trousers that I bought that didn't fit me now do... But I've only dropped one dress size and my belly is still enormous, I really don't think until this pudge has gone that anyone will really notice. What's great is that the dieting system I use seems to burn through my belly fat as a priority

Which is great news.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take a picture every week from the front and from the side. I use Adobe Photoshop but you can use anything, even Word. I put all the front pictures together in order and add a text box of date and weight below them. Then I put all the side pictures together in one page. Then I can see the progression in comparison so even if I don't see it in the mirror, I can see it in the pictures and it seems so much more obvious.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    70lbs
  • niqua215
    Options
    I have lost 25kgs and yes I've noticed my trousers are too big and my trousers that I bought that didn't fit me now do... But I've only dropped one dress size and my belly is still enormous, I really don't think until this pudge has gone that anyone will really notice. What's great is that the dieting system I use seems to burn through my belly fat as a priority

Which is great news.

The belly might be my problem. I guess I won't really see the results I seek until the belly goes away. And I take it that will be the last to go. I've only went from a a size 20 to 18 throughout this journey. Wondering when I'll drop another pants size. That would be a great motivation boost.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have never really "seen" results. I feel them.

ETA...I notice how I feel different in my car, sitting in a chair, laying in bed, how my clothes feels, etc. etc.

Have to agree with this, I sat on a swing for the first time in years the other day because I fit on it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!