what is the hardest thing you find to give up

Options
1235»

Replies

• amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pizza - it's my comfort food and it's never just one piece. Quite frankly, it's not that filling.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Soda. I drink an ice cold Mexican coke in a glass bottle way too frequently. I know it does not support my health goals in any way and the fact that I have some almost every day is not moderation. I hope at some point I will be able to take on what it will require to give it the boot (mentally, I know how to do the physical part), but now is not the time, and I am not going to let that derail the other things I am doing.

Second is pizza. Processed tomatoes do a number on me, and it just isn't worth it anymore. However, I can still make my own or go to a local restaurant that has a ton of non-tomato sauce options and if I am careful I can fit it in my macros. Still, if I only had one food for my deserted island, it would be pizza, and it's sort of a danger food for me so I try (and sometimes fail) to minimize my consumption.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Pop. The funny thing though is that now that I so rarely drink it that when I do it makes my stomache hurt..
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't bother buying frozen pizzas anymore. Even the smallest ones are 900 calories, the typical are 1800-200 calories. So to fit it in my macros I'd have to eat it over a couple of days so I don't even bother. Not a fan of leftover frozen pizza.

I still have cakes but it's once in a while ..... before I would just go to town on nice and big slices of cheesecake on the weekend, not really feasible. I think today was the first slice of cake I had in a while and it's only b/c I bought a box and split it between a few people
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodle 'breaks'

big fat gourmet cupcakes

chunk cheese
  • sheilatush
    sheilatush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Coke...any frizzy drinks...and wine used to drink at least 6 cans of coke a day.
    Was very hard at first..but l now 10 weeks in to not drinking any of the above
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Eating without thinking. Now that I count calories I have to actually *think* about everything I eat. Thinking sucks. :grumble:

OMG, this. Exactly.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Don't think I gave anything up...but what I have the hardest time giving up now? Is any time I have to miss a planned workout due to life getting in the way... I need it like crack! :heart:
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I haven't.

This.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: Giving things up made me miserable. Eating things I love AS LONG AS they fit in my calorie intake makes me thrive. And even on those few days that it might make me go over, I don't sweat it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want, whenever I want. That's the only thing I've given up.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    pizza, i haven't had it in months :(
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    A lot of things.
    -Limiting my dairy.
    -Giving up cereal.
    (I miss you Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.)
    -Giving up soda.
    (By far the hardest. I miss you Dr. Pepper.)
    etc.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Once I saw the results, NOTHING, not a GOT DAYUM THANG. I used to think I liked Stella Artois and Peroni, Coca Cola, Fries, Orange Juice, real pork sausage, hardcore brown sugar oatmeal, big macs, hot cheetos and takis,double stuff oreos, etc. etc. etc. I am still not quite where I want to be with my fatness, but anywhere I go I am the fittest person there (usually). Looking at myself in the mirror (for hours and hours and hours) and seeing my killer v-taper, my cobra lats, the baby pecs and baby triceps that are growing by leaps and bounds...much, much, much more satisfaction than eating a gallon of Dreyer's.
  • Sminat09
    Sminat09 Posts: 12
    Options
    Diet coke!! I know it is acceptable calorie wise but I want to drink it so much I sometimes miss out on enough water so have had to really limit it. Kinda sucks though!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I haven't had anything (lemon pound cake and mocha lattes) from Starbucks since I started, no cornbread biscuits from Cracker Barrel, no Coldstone, and no pecan rolls form Panera........well, I did have a pecan roll but I cut it in half. No soda, but then I wasn't a soda drinker when I started.......except when I'm sick and then it's ginger ale........which I still would have.

I could fit these in, so it wasn't a conscious decision, but I think I realize that I could have so much MORE of other food for the cost of those calories that I just don't. And with eating out less, I can afford better fruit and produce; fallen in love with Whole Foods (otherwise known as Whole Paycheck).
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bread & Splenda
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything ..... except for quitting....I am no longer a quitter like I used to be. If I put a pound on I keep tracking, exercising, etc. I used to just quit if a pound came on and then totally go off my diet. Now I realize that if I keep it up usually the following week another pound comes off anyway. I eat everything I love but stick to my tracking and calorie count. If I have a piece of cake for 500 calories, that means the rest of the day I can only have 700, unless I earn some back.
  • sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Laziness for working out. And sometimes sweets.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I havent given up any particular food. I have given up eating for 3 people.
  • sydneybugg
    Options
    Agreed!!! Some days I just want to lock myself in my room with a bag of candy, some chips, and a two liter of Dr. Pepper, and eat until I don't even realize I'm putting things in my mouth.....=/