2-Ingredient Lemon Bars

Options

Replies

• leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I made this same thing for easter and used an electric mixer and had no problems. :)
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • IAMSHELOCK
    Options
    bump
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Nutrition info on your healthy version:
    100 calories, 1g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 3g fat (2g saturated), 0g fiber (assumes a 2x2 inch square for serving)

Nutrition info on the 2-ingredient version (using the same 2x2ish inch square for serving) using Betty Crocker mix and lucky leaf pie filling 112 calories, 1g protein, 26 carbs, 0 fat 0 fiber

So while yes, the fitness magazine version does have less calories (if 12 will make or break you you have bigger problems) and carbs the 2 ingredient version has less fat and is WAY easier....I don't think one is really healthier than the other, you can't even use the "2 ingredient version is processed food and the fitness mag one isn't" approach because you still use AP flour, which is processed, granulated sugar & which is also processed.

That being said--the fitness mag version probably has a better crust because it uses butter and butter is always better :)

Both sound yummy to me, but I agree a buttery crust sounds good! I cant make either because I'd eat the whole pan.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nutrition info on your healthy version:
    100 calories, 1g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 3g fat (2g saturated), 0g fiber (assumes a 2x2 inch square for serving)

Nutrition info on the 2-ingredient version (using the same 2x2ish inch square for serving) using Betty Crocker mix and lucky leaf pie filling 112 calories, 1g protein, 26 carbs, 0 fat 0 fiber

So while yes, the fitness magazine version does have less calories (if 12 will make or break you you have bigger problems) and carbs the 2 ingredient version has less fat and is WAY easier....I don't think one is really healthier than the other, you can't even use the "2 ingredient version is processed food and the fitness mag one isn't" approach because you still use AP flour, which is processed, granulated sugar & which is also processed.

That being said--the fitness mag version probably has a better crust because it uses butter and butter is always better :)

I'd say the proofs in the pudding.
  • crystaljohnsongendron
    Options
    this recipe is NOT healthy! just because it's low in calories doesn't mean anything. it's full of chemicals and processed crap!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the ones who appreciated the recipe for what it is. I didnt proclaim it to be healthy and for clean eaters, they definitely would not want to make this. It's just a simple quick recipe that I thought I would share. You can use only one can of the lemon, but it will be more like a cake texture, where the 2 cans makes it more like a bar.

I'm not a clean eater so I do look for ways to enjoy some of the pleasures I like in a simpler fashion. I'm a mix of both clean vs. non-clean. As long as my blood panel continues to stay in the normal range every six months, I'll continue my journey, my way. Now if the blood work changes, I'll reassess and eat healthier. But for ME and just ME, what I am doing is working. No longer have sleep apnea, off all my meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high tryglerides and diuretics.

And the other recipe looks good too, but I dont use butter anymore. Whatever you are personally doing, keep it up and wishes for much success to each and all of you!
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sn00py0673
    sn00py0673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this recipe is NOT healthy! just because it's low in calories doesn't mean anything. it's full of chemicals and processed crap!

She never claimed it to be healthy. Lighten up.
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    Bump!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe and WOW! Awesome weight loss! Congratulations!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe and WOW! Awesome weight loss! Congratulations!

You are very welcome and thanks to you too! I feel like a new person now!
  • jennjenn07
    jennjenn07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • crystalpinter
    Options
    I wonder if you can use any flavor pie filling with this recipe ??
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! and bump ;)
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! and bump ; )